• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It´s quite optimal I´d say, but loosing half of my ICs in the end, that was the final stab. And for the Luftwaffe: I´m not sure, but they weren´t the deciding factor I´d say.

It wasn´t so fast; three years! Do you have any idea for next countries?

Playing Czechoslovakia is like said before problematic because she ends up surrounded by Axis forces; if you have a good plan to survive I would like to see it in action; If not you should move on. A good way of surviving the Axis forces is to build a fort in your capital and fall back to that as a last resort. Build a defensive OOB and mix fighting brigades with the HQs to avoid stacking penalties. A mix of ~21 brigades of infantry AT should be enough to hold Paha (those do not need fuel). Then disband the rest of the army. I have done that a long time ago with Belgium, all Europe had fallen but I still held Brussels.

Edit: it was fun to see a whole German army surrounding me, be incapable of achieving victory.

Last edited:
I really think you should start a new AAR with a country like Denmark or Manchukou( not puppeted ), really liking your AARs so far keep em up :)

I was thinking about his bigger neighbor: Mongolia! Thanks for your input!

Playing Czechoslovakia is like said before problematic because she ends up surrounded by Axis forces; if you have a good plan to survive I would like to see it in action; If not you should move on. A good way of surviving the Axis forces is to build a fort in your capital and fall back to that as a last resort. Build a defensive OOB and mix fighting brigades with the HQs to avoid stacking penalties. A mix of ~21 brigades of infantry AT should be enough to hold Paha (those do not need fuel). Then disband the rest of the army. I have done that a long time ago with Belgium, all Europe had fallen but I still held Brussels.

Edit: it was fun to see a whole German army surrounding me, be incapable of achieving victory.

My plan was to hold until Barbarossa. The event chain broke down for some reason, so I´m not sure if it would happen anyway. It was just a struggle to survive :) I think I´ll move on though.

I´m going to finish my Libya, I´d like to actually finish it before I start my next one. Expect an update.

Even better, and I would like to see how will you pass the rough terrain there, that also has 1 infrastructure value and basically acts as a barrier :)

I did some research already. It would be enough for me to make a line of Infra in two southern provinces to have a direct route to Shanxi! (Wuhai province IIRC)

Very interesting AAR! (Though it's a shame you lost. Maybe your fortifications should have been stronger?)

Yeah, it´s a shame but it was waiting for the miracle anyway :)

Forts are IMO good, I´ll post here that CZE pack so you can try it out too. But it was my fault. I should´ve split/pull off more divisions from the west to the east. Then there are no wonders I couldn´t supply such a big army with so few ICs available.

Thanks for your input! :)

Yeah, it´s a shame but it was waiting for the miracle anyway :)

Forts are IMO good, I´ll post here that CZE pack so you can try it out too. But it was my fault. I should´ve split/pull off more divisions from the west to the east. Then there are no wonders I couldn´t supply such a big army with so few ICs available.

Thanks for your input! :)

By the Way, couldn't you just abandon Slovakia? It would've shortened the front.

By the Way, couldn't you just abandon Slovakia? It would've shortened the front.

I would eventually got into the same situation with low IC. Moreover the terrain there was more defendable IMO.

Makes sense. :)

But then again, Slovakia should be more hilly and mountainous than it is now. I guess Paradox doesn´t care; how many suiciders play Czechoslovakia anyway? :p

That is something that I would like to see, especially after you are surrounded by Axis from all sides and with only 1MP gain per month and not enough troops to properly mobilize your standing army.
Normally yes.
However, the German TFH AI never defends their border with you, at the time they press you for land.
Just advance along the river lines, cut off Austria, dig in behind some South German rivers - and most important: link up with the french border.
With some luck you should be able to join the allies, and bring them in (if they haven't already intervened on their own).
Even AI v AI, Germany has big problems to defeat the Czechs even if they lost their forts with the Munich Agreement (there is a small chance the Czechs refuse).
A proper planned and executed push to the French border, gives you about one third of their resources/IC, you could also cut off Silesia (which is one of the resource richest territories in Germany), causing shortages of Energy (!) on the German side.
Loosing more than a third of their power, having to defend against both French troops invading across the Czech controlled German-French border, while having to fight off English invasions along their coastlines is simply too much for them to handle.

That was a valiant effort Ikarases, three years isn't too shabby. I'd vote for the likes of Denmark or Norway

Thanks! These words made me a little bit happier! :)

Well, I wasn´t kidding with Mongolia! :p I´ve already became absorbed into modding it ;) But it will get a little gamey :eek:

Be sure to check out my Lybia, I´m just finishing an update, E.T.A. 15 minutes!

After your done rampaging with the Mongol horde, perhaps having a go as a independent and very nationalistic Pilipinas would be fun. Lots of low hanging fruit for you to snatch all throughout the Pacific.

After your done rampaging with the Mongol horde, perhaps having a go as a independent and very nationalistic Pilipinas would be fun. Lots of low hanging fruit for you to snatch all throughout the Pacific.

I was thinking about Philipphines (?) already a very long time ago. I´m leaving myself this choice to TFH HPP, maybe Japan could do me some trouble there.

With Philipphinese (?) Workers Party in power, it might be an interesting choice! :D

An Axis Philippines would be fun as well. If I knew how to mod at all, I would play that one myself. The Philippines overthrow their American colonialist masters and join with the Japanese to create a "independent" and prosperous Asia.

An Axis Philippines would be fun as well. If I knew how to mod at all, I would play that one myself. The Philippines overthrow their American colonialist masters and join with the Japanese to create a "independent" and prosperous Asia.

I could consider myself a good modder, when I see guys here totally clueless :p

I could make one for you, if you´d like to :)

Thanks! These words made me a little bit happier! :)

Well, I wasn´t kidding with Mongolia! :p I´ve already became absorbed into modding it ;) But it will get a little gamey :eek:

Be sure to check out my Lybia, I´m just finishing an update, E.T.A. 15 minutes!

I do not approve. You are playing HPP, so playing another minor with 3 ΙC would be pointless, unless you want to show us -yet anoter time- how AI conquers whatever AI wants to conquer.

Whether you like it or not, HPP does not offer world domination or anything remotely close to it. I would like to see you playing a minor major such us AUS or CAN, or Axis RUM, HUN which in terms of HPP can be a challenge... Italy would be great, but you are to good to play Italy.

I do not approve. You are playing HPP, so playing another minor with 3 ΙC would be pointless, unless you want to show us -yet anoter time- how AI conquers whatever AI wants to conquer.

At first, Mongolia has 10 IC (!) and secondly, Mongolia can get to war in 1936. Japan has like ten times more IC than me, and has even more IC than the Soviets in the start of the game.

Whether you like it or not, HPP does not offer world domination or anything remotely close to it. I would like to see you playing a minor major such us AUS or CAN, or Axis RUM, HUN which in terms of HPP can be a challenge... Italy would be great, but you are to good to play Italy.

I´ve actually taught about playing Romania and I might put it as my next AAR. I can´t play nor Australia nor Canada, because I´m totally lost how naval warfare works. Same goes for Italy. I might learn it at some point but right now it´s for me a big "no-no".