• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(25227)

Sergeant
Jan 30, 2004
Tyronecoatarms.png

This will be my first AAR, a newbie/speed AAR.

AAR goal: AAR dont suck to much and that my spelling aint totally off.

Tyrone goal: Create Ireland and show the world true Irish power.

Now, fear the big red hand! ;)

Part 1​

The great king of Tyrone looked out over his land as he got a letter from the daughter of a man his father once knew. The letter told the tale of a woman (the daughter) who was picked on for her Irish accent by bad, bad, baaaad people. With his heart filled with anger, the king took a loan, built a ship, raised an army and set sail for the land of the evil.

1.jpg

In order to transport his army, with only 1 ship, he asked the kings of Scotland and Denmark to allow him to use there lands as a mighty bridge. They agreed.

2.jpg

Utrecht and Münster where first to get a taste of true Irish power and they agreed to our most humble terms of peace.

3.jpg

As we where entering a great era of peace and love, we saw the people of Berg being oppressed by the evil kingdom of Hesse. WE STRIKE! FOR FREEDOM MEN!

4.jpg

Ansbach, Anhalt and Brunswick joined the war on Hesse's side. After we conquered Hesse, our army moved on the deal with them. After some easy fights, the remaining armys chose to defend Brunswick instead of trying to retake some land.

5_2.jpg

5_1.jpg

Peace at last. The loan wasnt repaid, so we suffer from bankruptcy in some dark place.

Last edited:
An unorthodox strategy to say the least, your German conquests. Is this how you intend to fuel the unification of Ireland?

a nice, although unusual start for an irish country, suscribed

Judging from the -3 Stability, was this done without a Casus Belli? :eek:

Gutsy and unorthodox. I hope it doesn't come back to bite you too badly...

Slasher said:
Is the red hand from bitch slapping all your enemies? :p
It just might be. :cool:

I go to germany first to stay safe from England, who is way bigger. Even if I grabbed the Irish minors, I would be a 4 province country with 3 annexations and with england on my back. This way I figure I will be able to stay somewhat safe and let England do some of the bad boy work for me.

Atm, I need to recover from the bankruptcy and the get stability back up.

The reason for fighting with low stability was:
a) They where weak.
b) I was pushing to get as much as I could before bankruptcy hit.

Wow. Interesting and quite unorthodox indeed. I always wanted to unite Ireland but figured out I'd be too difficult. I hope you'll show us how it's done (I know it can be done 'the standard way' but I'm not so skilled/lucky).

Maciek

Part 2​

In this time of peace, we receive word from our trusted vassal Anhalt. They tell us that they have inherited Gelre and this will prove to be of great value to us.

Burgundy declare war, they command a huge army and things look realy bad, but they have done a poor job planning the war. They are only able to reach 1 province, Utrecht. I use my vassals land to avoid any fighting and we do the dance of taking and retaking Utrecht.

6.jpg

We accept Burgundys peace offer and start to plot our revenge. One might alsow note that Anhalt might survive a long time due to there split land.

7.jpg

The Palistinate have taken Elsass and Brandenburg have taken Lüneburg, these people need to be free. As fate has it, these two have a alliance, alsow including Friesland who realy should know better. As we strike on the weaker two, Brandenburg is working on Osnabrück. We hope they will hold on for a long time.

8.jpg

As we are retaking Osnabrück, the pope give us word that he has chosen us as the papal controller. We send him a cookie as thanks.

9.jpg

Peace, we gained Lüneburg, Ruppin and Elsass and two more vassals, even though Friesland (as most other of our vassals) didnt last that long as the bad dog Burgundy striked. One of my reasons for not annexing Friesland was to not gain another border with Burgundy, so much for that strategy.

You seem to be racking up a whole lot of loose German provinces. What are your goals with them? They won't net you that much money, at least not for the first 25 years.

Okay, are you going to form Irish Germany or something? Or to become both HRE and Papal Controller? This is... interesting...

Grundius said:
You seem to be racking up a whole lot of loose German provinces. What are your goals with them? They won't net you that much money, at least not for the first 25 years.

Low income is better then no income, eh, ok..

To be honest, I didnt intend to at first, but I keep getting core provinces in germany and since they are kinda easy to grab, I cant help myself. :eek:o

The only other way to go is to strike on Irish minors or England. I'm not a huge fan of annexing and England, well... England scare me. :(

Jan: You never know, I need to put Irish people on the map, might aswell be the maps of germany. :)

Whoa, Papal Controller? Were you planning that with bribing cardinals and everything?

it'll be interesting to see how you handle burgundy from now on, how is your treasury right now?

uknight said:
Low income is better then no income, eh, ok..

To be honest, I didnt intend to at first, but I keep getting core provinces in germany and since they are kinda easy to grab, I cant help myself. :eek:o

The only other way to go is to strike on Irish minors or England. I'm not a huge fan of annexing and England, well... England scare me. :(

Well, if you get the cores on them, by all means.. go for it!

Most of your German possessions are Rheinlaender culture, are they not? I would try to rack up on those provinces so that you can come to accept that culture.

Part 3​

The situation in early 1477. To the north, Mecklenburg have a big enough army to give Tyrone a fight, but since they had been fighting Brandenburg left and right they aint a real concern. Good enough relations secure our kingdom to the east. To the west however is the real problem, Burgundy. With the taking of Friesland they have gained a new border alowing them to strike at a minimum of 3 provinces. We dont have a big enough army to hope to stop them if they attack. Alsow, in the south the kingdoms of Liege, Cologne and Lorraine all refuse to give us military access, ending all hoped of a siege war.

Income is to low to hope to bribe Burgundy into loving us and England, well England will just hafto wait.

While we are at it, Tyrone as the papal controler didnt last long as France bribed one of our cardinals and since income is to low, there is no hope of getting him back.

Looks like expanding is the only way remaining.