• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
90 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
Known Fraps-related issues:
- Toggling fullscreen while recording in Fraps crashes game.
- Crash when Alt-tabbing in fight in Edgering Ruins while recording in Fraps.

Can’t select which monitor to play on if using multiple monitors
This is unfortunately a known issue with the version of Unity that the game uses. Below is how you can access the setting with games that use this version of Unity.

If you hold down SHIFT while double-clicking on the executable, it will bring up the Unity configuration window. The third option allows you to select which display the game appears on.

tyrannymonitor.JPG

Invalid email on Linux
If you get this error when trying to login please enter your you email as normal and then use your mouse to click the password field. Do not push TAB! This adds invisible characters after your email hence it becomes invalid.

Can also happen with the German keyboard layout and perhaps others.

Kills-In-Shadows doesn't attack
This is being worked on and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

In-game cinematic are choppy and stutters
Related to the Unity engine and being investigated!

Game crashes when transitioning to other locations
This seems to affect mainly Linux / Mac users and is under investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
How do I run config in Ubuntu?
BTW it works much better on my Ubuntu rather than Windows system. Starting intro has no lags and freezes, as well as cut scene just after "new game" button hit.

It always uses my notebook monitor, so I want to change it here.

You can get into the menu by starting Tyranny with the option "-show-screen-selector".
In steam you should be able to add this to the start options, for the gog-version run the executable "Path_to_Tyranny/game/Tyranny -show-screen-selector" via terminal.
The setting of the preferred display does not work for me, it starts wherever it wants, typically on the wrong monitor.
I worked around it by starting the game with "-screen-fullscreen 0". That way the game starts on the active screen.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There seems to be a pretty common issue of the game crashing when loading a save file. Numerous posts on the steam forums of people having the issue and a few here. Both trying to manually load my last save and clicking continue lead to a loading screen that goes no where, just plays the music. Once you click or move the mouse the game crashes.

We've seen reports about this and quite a few users solved it by disabling their anti-virus and firewalls. Especially AVG and Comodo has been found to be the culprits.

You can get into the menu by starting Tyranny with the option "-show-screen-selector".
In steam you should be able to add this to the start options, for the gog-version run the executable "Path_to_Tyranny/game/Tyranny -show-screen-selector" via terminal.
The setting of the preferred display does not work for me, it starts wherever it wants, typically on the wrong monitor.
I worked around it by starting the game with "-screen-fullscreen 0". That way the game starts on the active screen.

Thanks a lot, you were totally right about "-schow-screen-selector" it wont work, and configuration dialog does not appear. However "-screen-fullscreen 0" works fine, as well as "-screen-fullscreen 1" (the last one satisfy me, cause 0 screen is my notebook built-in screen which I don't want to use).

Cheers!

Thanks a lot, you were totally right about "-schow-screen-selector" it wont work, and configuration dialog does not appear. However "-screen-fullscreen 0" works fine, as well as "-screen-fullscreen 1" (the last one satisfy me, cause 0 screen is my notebook built-in screen which I don't want to use).

Cheers!
Strange. For me the Menu does appear, but it ignores the setting for monitor. Have you spelled "-show-screen-selector" correctly (show, not schow)?

Also weird, that screen-fullscreen can select the monitor. Normally it should "Override the default full-screen state. This must be 0 or 1." I thought it started the game in windowed mode on the active display (for fullscreen 0) and then default to borderless, because the resolution is the native monitor resolution. Therefore if you start with -screen-fullscreen 0 on the desired monitor (e.g. by having the terminal on the desired monitor) you should be able to choose the display.
But well, if it works, that's great. A bit of a nasty workaround to do until an official fix comes..

Strange. For me the Menu does appear, but it ignores the setting for monitor. Have you spelled "-show-screen-selector" correctly (show, not schow)?

Also weird, that screen-fullscreen can select the monitor. Normally it should "Override the default full-screen state. This must be 0 or 1." I thought it started the game in windowed mode on the active display (for fullscreen 0) and then default to borderless, because the resolution is the native monitor resolution. Therefore if you start with -screen-fullscreen 0 on the desired monitor (e.g. by having the terminal on the desired monitor) you should be able to choose the display.
But well, if it works, that's great. A bit of a nasty workaround to do until an official fix comes..

Ah, I'm sorry for typo in "schow".

About 'screen-fullscreen' I double checked and yes, choosing 0 or 1 just allow me to pick up built-in (0) or external (1) monitor (well I was thinking this is something like SDL method to pick up desired display :) ).

Also a little notice, if you gonna start /path/to/Tyranny/Tyranny -show-screen-selector then it really will start the game in active monitor (where terminal is placed), but it would not be true if you are using guake.
I have guake at my external display, but running with '-show-screen-selector' starts the game at built-in(0) monitor anyway. Also if I have terminal window at external monitor, but starts 'Tyranny -screen-fullscreen' then it starts the game at built-in monitor.

And once again - a lot of thanks for you.

Hello. I have a problem with my save files. I can locate save files on my local drive, however in-game I cannot load my previously saved game - saves simply do not appear in the list (only one autosave is there, and it's not even the most recent).

Are you by any chance running an anti-virus program like Comodo? If you are please shut it down, we've seen reports that various AV programs / Firewalls are preventing the game from locating the files.

Several posts deleted. This thread is purely for known issues; if you have a problem not listed here please start your own fresh thread in this forum. Include there full details and history of the problem, and system details where appropriate. Thank you.

Just bought Tyranny and was loving it until loading screens got longer and longer. I have a late 2013 iMac which would seem to fit minimum and (almost maximum specs).

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB

Your response says "Game crashes when transitioning to other locations
This seems to affect mainly Linux / Mac users and is under investigation." posted 29 Oct 2016.

What was the result of the investigation?