• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nafastus

Game Producer
63 Badges
Jul 13, 2011
  • Sengoku
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • BATTLETECH
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Paradox Order
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Knights of Honor
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • War of the Vikings
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • For the Motherland
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Dungeonland
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
Hello everyone,

An update on the hotfix patch intended to solve a number of issues that occurred in the DLC and New Game Plus patch release:

-The patch will be launched sometime mid next week
-Complete patch notes will be posted in this thread prior to that
-This patch does include a fix for the vanishing tool-tips, and the QA team has spent many hours to see if they can find a way to break them, but they have not. We're calling it fixed, but it's been hard to replicate in the past so there is a risk there are still edge cases where these break again.

Have a great weekend - we'll give you an update next week!

-nafastus

Thank you :)

Hello,

Hello everyone,

-This patch does include a fix for the vanishing tool-tips, and the QA team has spent many hours to see if they can find a way to break them, but they have not. We're calling it fixed, but it's been hard to replicate in the past so there is a risk there are still edge cases where these break again.

Several days before the release of the 1.1.x.x patch I started a new game on PoTD difficulty. After the patch was released I noticed that some of the tooltips no longer appear. I think the issue started during the attack on the Mountain Spire. It happens like this - I load a saved game and tooltips appear for a while and then suddenly they don't. I have plenty of saved games if it could help reproduced the issue. It happens consistently.

Honestly I wouldn't consider this "slow." Identifying the root cause of a bug and how best to address it isn't easy and I think Obsidian are doing a good job of listening to our feedback and patching the game.

That some of these bugs (especially the tooltip one) could slip under the radar before release is something I'd consider more worrisome than the days it took them to hotfix it.

Better-funded teams patch bugs this bad in days. Don't make excuses for bad service.

You're right that it shouldn't have made it past QA in the first place, but they're obviously not top tier at anything.

Yeah, tooltips that reliably break every play session can be solved by frequent reloads! How silly of me to complain about this having missed QA or them taking their sweet time to fix it! Sorry, forum!

Last edited: