• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blackmorn

Recruit
Oct 19, 2016
Hello people, i have few question about Tyranny engine.

My questions are based on my current Pillars of Eternity experience, which i bought week ago. Iv finished game and got few questions. And my hardware first, coz it makes maybe some questions more clear. Im PC player and I play games on desktop PC with top quality monitor.

1 - Textures in Pillars of Eternity was blurred. Do you will put blurred textures to Tyranny too?

NOTE: No, its not technical issue. Blurred textures are on all screenshots of Pillars games all over internet. Even on official screenshots. They all blurred because there are 8 levels of zoom it seems.

NOTE: In other similar games thiss issue is not present. Only in Pillars.

NOTE: I think, if you let levels render properly, how it should be, with fixed zoom, that the result will be absolulty AWESOME.

2 - Character toons. Toons in Pillars are very hard to see on background. It seems its because they are rendered in different way then background. Which creates grafic unconsistency and prevent human eye to recognize toon as part of enviroment. My question is, will toons in Tyranny corespond with background naturaly, or not?

3 - Battlefield. In Pillars was crucious for victory to know, what is happening in every moment on battlefield. All those information was present, nothing was missing (well AoE information was missing i think, but thats not big issue). But it wasnt comfortable to find it, it wasnt funn. To find something in combat log took more time, then combat itself! (thats not exaggerate, thats real experience). Also to figure, who is who and what that toon does, was uncomfortable too, because you have to find toon (very hard) and move cursor on it…

And there you should start to see entire problem. Blurred background + Graficly different toons + Unfriendly combat log list + too many unnecesary green and red marks on background + scattered crucial information (some above head of toon, if you moove cursor, some in combat log, some in bestiary list, some on background, some on toon picture icon, … and all those information are presented also graficly in different (mean unconsistent) way.

Battlefield in Pillars was information MESS.

So my question is, if there will be more easier and sofistikated user interface about combat?

NOTE: In other similar games thiss issue is not present. Only in Pillars.

4 - Zoom it self. Will be there zoom in Tyranny? Problem is, after while the zoom starts to be extremly boring and tiresome and unnatural (blurr for example). There is NO funn in zoom, in zooming in and out in and out. Its game, not camera simulator. You cannot walk through Defiance city with zoom IN, and you cant feel combat properly with zoom OUT. What is it for anyway?

5 - Pop-up menus for use ability… Thats so uncomfortable and anoying. Actualy Pop-up menus are anoying almost everywhere (internet, sell phones... Why you creating menus, where menu itself takes action against human controler action and force him to react? Whats the meaning of this? Thats not funny. Player want to react to game, not to poping/jumping menus.

6 - Character ikones (face pictures on left bellow screen). Those ikons are extremly close to edge of screen. Like just very very few pixels. Its very uncomfortable, because when you interact with those icons, your eye will have contact with out of screen space too. Its not nice, it disturbs game feeling, especialy when those icons are very important for gameplay. You cant put basic stones of user interface just on the edge of screen. You have to make litle space between icon and edge of screen, it makes feeling much more better. Also in real life if you put something on the edge (imagine any situation), you start to feel uncomfortable, because it creates unconsistency, reactions and so…

Thats all :))

Reactions: