• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sam7512

Recruit
Jul 21, 2019
After being able to play the game on an older laptop I've installed it on my new laptop. However, now whenever I launch the game it plays the opening brand logos etc but then crashes to desktop. I've copy pasted the crash log below (As I couldn't figure out how to get the file into the correct format to upload, something about the wrong file type). I've tried all the basic fixes like reinstalling and running as admin, not sure what else to do. As you can probably tell I'm not much of a tech person.

Faulting application name: Tyranny.exe, version: 1.2.1.160, time stamp: 0x58aa21f3
Faulting module name: Tyranny.exe, version: 1.2.1.160, time stamp: 0x58aa21f3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000098bfa3
Faulting process ID: 0x3c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d53fd914e9d507
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Tyranny\Tyranny.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Tyranny\Tyranny.exe
Report ID: 088fc7da-457d-4a2f-8eb7-19b137b8d773
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Upvote 0
Add tyranny.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

If that doesn't help, Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them to this ticket:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Tyranny\Tyranny_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Checked my firewall (Windows Defender) and saw that Tyranny is already allowed through, got the logs you asked for. Thank you for your time/help by the way.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    11,5 KB · Views: 21
  • DxDiag.txt
    64,3 KB · Views: 87
There's no crash in that log, which tends to mean the problem is outside the game.

This computer is below the minimum requirements in at least these areas:
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 or NVIDIA GeForce GTS450 with 1GB VRAM

The shortfall of memory is the most likely cause of it failing to run, if it can be expanded to say 8gb that would likely do it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

The internal memory of my actual device is very poor and so I use a 1tb external hard drive to get round that issue. It seems like the game isn’t registering the abundant memory on the external hard drive and instead using the very limited internal memory of the device. Is there a way to get the game to recognise the external device and use the memory there?

The graphics issue I’m aware of and I’m just used to running things poorly on low settings, more often than not what I have is fine to run the older games I play on lower settings.

The internal memory of my actual device is very poor and so I use a 1tb external hard drive to get round that issue. It seems like the game isn’t registering the abundant memory on the external hard drive and instead using the very limited internal memory of the device. Is there a way to get the game to recognise the external device and use the memory there?
You are confusing system memory and disk space. These are unrelated things, that just happen to be measured in the same units (gigabytes).

Your problem is lack of system memory, not disk space.