Tyranny - Bastard's Wound - Release streams and Obsidian Q&A

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Stream_Social_FB.jpg

Calling upon all the followers of Kyros!
As we're only one day away from entering the Bastard's Wound we shall as tradition dictates gather once more and bend our knees in unison to our great Overlord!

Join us tomorrow at 5PM CEST for our Release stream for Tyranny - Bastard's Wound straight from the Paradox Offices together with @Gruffa and @cKnoor as we celebrate our granted entry into this new corner of the tiers.
TUNE IN at the Paradox Interactive Twitch Channel

Stick around though for a couple of hours later at 12AM CEST the developers of the game over at Obsidian come live with some very special guests from the Tyranny cast! In this stream the team of Obsidian will also answer YOUR Q&A questions posted in this thread!
TUNE IN at the Obsidian Entertainment Twitch Channel

Submit your Q&A questions about Tyranny to the team and cast below!
Hail Kyros

I have 2 questions.

1) Do you have any plans for the Tyranny brand in the future? (More expansions, DLC, Tyranny 2, prequel, etc.)
2) Are you already working on something?

Alright, Allegra, Evan, what's it like voicing a couple of sadistic, unrepentant murderers?

And does the fact Verse and Bleden Mark are also supposed to be charismatic sadistic, unrepentant murderers make it all easier or harder?

1. How long (average and completionist) is to beat additional content in Bastard's Wound?

Please just guess if you dont know. I cant buy it when I dont have that kind of information.

Will we ever get to explore all the locations in all paths or always have some locked out?
Also, are there any plans for PC romances like in bioware games? (especially concerning Eb with this question)
Also, Tell the team 'Thank You', please as the game and acting and setting and characters are fantastic!

We will know something more about Kyros in Bastard's Wound? And thing like our favourite Overlord gender are fixed by the lore or will be determined by player's choice?

Never being fixed by either would be good. or the answer as neither, It's not a european based culture after all.

Also, are there any plans for PC romances like in bioware games? (especially concerning Eb with this question)

Good question!
I also want to know the answer.
(If not for Tyranny, then for possible expansion/sequel)

Unfortunately, people from Obsidian are well known for they hatred to romances. :(
Not even the huge interest of fans during the development of PoE 1 and PoE 2 was unable to change their minds.

P.S.
To be honest, in Tiers is really hard to find a suitable girl for Fatebinder.

Sirin is still kid.
Verse does not care about love and is too emotionally unstable.
Eb may not be able to love anymore, this part of her personality is dead (Also, she is roughly 50 years old!).

The only two women who show more than friendly emotions to our hero are Fatebinder Calio and Kills-in-Shadow.
(I really like Calio.)

Tyranny's approach to choice is one of the best attempts at recreating pen-and-paper style of reactivity in a CRPG in years. In recent interviews, you seemed to suggest that more linearity would have been better. Do you agree that this would betray the soul of the game? Don't you take pride in your attempts to do something new and exciting with respect to nonlinearity? Isn't it wrong to "learn the lesson" that CRPGs should be linear tours through content with no choices?

Do you enjoy Planescape Torment, Fallout, and similar games of that pedigree? I feel like Tyranny takes the choice & consequence of those titles and tries to take it to the next level.

Also, please never regret implementing the Conquest Mode! It's probably my favourite opening to a CRPG ever!

Do you have any plans for the Tyranny brand in the future? (More expansions, DLC, Tyranny 2, prequel, etc.)

Well, there's still the whole of Terratus outside of the Tiers to reconquer (wait, is Terratus the whole world or just the continent? Or is this a world with a single continent?).

Whether it's about the Fatebinder again or some rebels taking advantage of any perceived weakness of Kyros, I'm sure the setting has some story potential left in it. Heck, I guess you could even play as (a subject of) one of Kyros' Archon Commanders trying to retake the Tiers, though that would turn any hypothetical Tyranny 2 into Tiers 2: Tiers Some More.

Since it seems that Eb, Sirin, and Killsy won't be getting companion quests, will there be any reason to take them through Bastard's Wound?
Was the option to stay loyal to Kyros something you wanted to have at launch or something that you've decided to add because of fan requests?
Will the events in Bastard's Wound have any consequences outside of the expansion? Will it affect any of the routes or endings?

Q1: Gameplay : Are there any plans for new magic, skills and talent trees in the future (or maybe alreay in bastards wounds) ?
Q2: Story: Would you consider to add a way to go to areas even if i cannot convince groups there to join me? I was really annoyed the Burning Library was off-limits just because i hired some mages first (Rebel path). I would certainly want to go there, allies or no.
Q3: I would be interested about the art-style of the story sequences of tyranny, what inspired it, who did it etc.

Well, there's still the whole of Terratus outside of the Tiers to reconquer (wait, is Terratus the whole world or just the continent? Or is this a world with a single continent?).

Whether it's about the Fatebinder again or some rebels taking advantage of any perceived weakness of Kyros, I'm sure the setting has some story potential left in it. Heck, I guess you could even play as (a subject of) one of Kyros' Archon Commanders trying to retake the Tiers, though that would turn any hypothetical Tyranny 2 into Tiers 2: Tiers Some More.
thank you

Hello,
Thanks for doing these event, I don't know if the question was already asked during the previous streams :
- What was the major inspiration for Kyros ? The embodiment of supreme power yet elusive and secretive.
- Why does Eb have such an unhealthy obsession for men's nipple ?
- (Spoiler) I didn't get why we were no able to perform the Rite of Savagery and Stone on the Disfavour route (It makes sense within the lore, but the execution was strange)
- What kind of relationship Blend Mark and the Voices of Nerat have ? Since both of them often have the same attribution.
- How come that a man such as Blend Mark works and respect Tunon ?

Want to congratulate you on this amazing game its clear that it had real passion and creativity put into every aspect of it.
I loved the first few hours however I couldn't go any further than that as I found the text and UI size to be too small even on the highest settings so my question is will there be any further options to enlarge these as I had no problems with the text and UI of Pillars of Eternity.

Cheers

Oof:

rMvU1Td.png

By Steam userscore and number of launch day players (measured by SteamDB Tyranny players when the expansion was released, which is the most generous measurement possible), Bastard's Wound is Obsidian's least popular title ever. Only the Treasures of the Sun expansion for DS3 comes close, but it had a much higher Steam userscore of 83%.

I'm not sure about Tyranny 2 (prognosis: poor), but I'd bet my buttocks there won't be any more DLC.

Last edited:
have steam reviews ever been a measure of anything?
its 30 reviews, so you're saying 15 people took the time of their lives to hate on it?
thats 15 people. 15
not even hating, just not positive.
hardly a cause for concern
and it got in the top sellers/popular listings on both steam and GOG for the day it came out, and thats sales not having the time spare to play it on release day