• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JohnA45

Second Lieutenant
10 Badges
Jan 24, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
I created a new map and can't seem to get Tuna to show up. I have varied my under-water levels and I get Anchovy as the major type and I have plenty of Shellfish, though not necessarily in the more shallow waters which would seem more logical. And, as it should be, I have salmon appearing where water currents are strong, mainly in rivers, but for some reason I have no tuna at all. I tried changing things on my map, but I still don't get tuna fish to appear. What are the rules here? I have done several searches here and online to find this answer and I'm either not getting the correct key-words or no one really knows. :confused:

How much is the fish?

So, how do we know what types of fish thrive in which conditions? In short, fish type is determined by the depth and flow of water. Sunset Harbor features 4 types of fish, all of which prefer different conditions. Anchovies thrive in still, shallow waters, salmon prefer shallow water with a flow, shellfish require deep and still waters, and tuna need deep, flowing water. This means one single map might not always have the required conditions for all types of fish.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the help. I get the idea of this, but most shellfish don't thrive in deepest waters irl, most start in more shallow waters along shorelines and move to deeper waters as they grow older. I looked it up and they can be found in waters up to 750 meters, which yes is pretty deep. But the oceans can be as deep as 11K meters or 36K feet. In my mind it seems like the deepest parts of a CS map should be more like the mid-Atlantic or Pacific and you wont find many shellfish there. But hey, it's not like cities of 50K people have sky-scrapers either, so I will shut up now. LOL

I made an island map and it starts at 0.00 and builds up slowly to the landmass so I have every water level you can get basically. In this map all the water that is around 0.00 to 20.00 is shellfish, my rivers and narrow spots between islands are salmon and the the other 75% of the water areas are anchovy. I'm guessing my problem with Tuna is that there isn't a lot of current in the deepest waters on my map. I will have to figure out how to make the deep waters that move. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I get the idea of this, but most shellfish don't thrive in deepest waters irl, most start in more shallow waters along shorelines and move to deeper waters as they grow older. I looked it up and they can be found in waters up to 750 meters, which yes is pretty deep. But the oceans can be as deep as 11K meters or 36K feet. In my mind it seems like the deepest parts of a CS map should be more like the mid-Atlantic or Pacific and you wont find many shellfish there. But hey, it's not like cities of 50K people have sky-scrapers either, so I will shut up now. LOL

I made an island map and it starts at 0.00 and builds up slowly to the landmass so I have every water level you can get basically. In this map all the water that is around 0.00 to 20.00 is shellfish, my rivers and narrow spots between islands are salmon and the the other 75% of the water areas are anchovy. I'm guessing my problem with Tuna is that there isn't a lot of current in the deepest waters on my map. I will have to figure out how to make the deep waters that move. Any suggestions?

Couple of water sources placed in the sea?

• 1Like
Reactions: