• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not commenting on upcoming content :D Because there would be no upcoming content :(
The pain won't go away no matter how hard I try...
92ff06f8f5a1685ac7aad850654cf86d.jpg

• 3Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
I worked on I:R during the beta period. One of my favorite bugs was where units would gain speed the more people died in a unit. And if you reached 0 men (fully depleted) the unit would gain max speed (like 200) and move one province per tick - ZOOM-ZOOM elephants! :p

• 19Haha
  • 3Love
Reactions:
I just re-read what he wrote in the OP. It makes me doubt that the decision to 'freeze' development on Imperator WAS NOT taken 'a while back'.

The spirit of the post seems to hint that Arheo thought development would continue (why else would he say, 'not commenting on upcoming content' yet).

I think corporate decided it simply wasn't sustainable (I really can't argue against the numbers, even if I really like this game). Shame.
I got the opposite impression. It reads to me as clearly a retrospective on a game that is now finished with (at least for a while). The caveat about not commenting on the future reads as being because Arheo knew that the game doesn't have a short or medium term future. You might also read it as Arheo writing a farewell note about his time working on the game, knowing that he is moving on.

• 7Like
Reactions:
I worked on I:R during the beta period. One of my favorite bugs was where units would gain speed the more people died in a unit. And if you reached 0 men (fully depleted) the unit would gain max speed (like 200) and move one province per tick - ZOOM-ZOOM elephants! :p

i would have removed the max speed parameter just for the heck of it. :D

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Sounds like a feature of legend to me. Right now units with 0 men moves half the speed to regular troops.

Try getting a unit totally depleted in Ireland and you will feel the pain of retreating for 2 years.

Ah, as for this thread... We can all see Arheo loves this game and he's writing this for the sake of... remininscing. It's even sadder because if the devs already hate the game then at least we have half the reason to kill it. Both the fans and the devs love the game and it still gets axed. A pity.

• 6Like
Reactions: