• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enhancement Request:

It's hard to see the siege equipment sitting next to the city wall when attacking a province. Perhaps either change the color of the siege equipment or make it bigger?

Is there some way to show revolt risk?

What the heck is the vodka bottle looking thing in the army display window? I didn't see anything about it in the manual.

Mouseover showing which faction an army belongs to would be nice. I didn't know Provence was sieging Orleans. I was scared to intervene thinking it might be France.

Do we have any idea when a patch will be done????

Carolus Rex said:
I'm afraid CK is being prioritized over this. :(

That's good.. I am looking forward to it. I can wait a little while for a patch here.... This is my low brain power game.....

I have a question for the designers: What about the sanctity of the harbours? As soon as I get new fleets, the treacherous French destroy them with their far more numerous fleet: Why can't I put my ships safe into a friendly harbor? Another question: I want to know how do u identify the flags of each and every nation, because sometimes u see an army and u don't know if they are friends or foes?
Thanxx :wacko:

Hajji Giray I said:
When I am creating a ship or land unit in Brest, for some reason I cannot create any ship or land units in Nantes. Nantes muster field or dock says "you can't make two units at once." even though I'm only creating units in Brest, not Nantes.

Also, once or twice I have been upgrading buildings in Brest and can't in Nantes, but that problem is not constant and doesn't always happen.
I've encountered the same problem when creating ships, first while playing as England then as Brittany. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it seems that if you have 2 harbours located on the same sea zone, you can only construct ships at one of those harbours. What does seem to be a bug however is that when I am building a ship, I can't create a land unit (from castle/muster field) in a province that shares that same sea zone. I've been able to work around this to some extent by starting construction on the land unit first, then building the ship. But since ships take so much longer to build, I still wind up with a few provinces that are unable to build any military units from time to time. Otherwise, it's an okay game & I'm biding my time 'til Crusader Kings comes out! :cool:

No Events?

Hi
I have only just received the game so I am not totally sure if the following would be regarded as bugs;

Playing York for nearly a year in the 'War of the Roses', hardly any events fired?
The event window itself showed nothing in it at all from any nation?
There is no music? (the music folder is empty).
Have I just got a bad install or is that intended?

Any response would be most welcome.

So was there ever any patch released?
I bought the 1 USD release from GamersGate and now have version 1.00.
Is this the last released version?

Would seem a bit weird since there were quite a few bugs reported.
None major, but at least enough to warrant a 1.5 version or so...

So was there ever any patch released?
I bought the 1 USD release from GamersGate and now have version 1.00.
Is this the last released version?

Would seem a bit weird since there were quite a few bugs reported.
None major, but at least enough to warrant a 1.5 version or so...

I also got the GG version, installed it normally, but no EXE file was ever created in my Two Thrones folder! Any ideas?

No EXE

I also got the GG version, installed it normally, but no EXE file was ever created in my Two Thrones folder! Any ideas?

I just had the same problem (incomplete installation, no EXE created) with the "Two Thrones" CD version from the "Strategy Pack" 6-CD set. Seems the setup program isn't happy with Windows Vista because simply running the CD's setup program in XP compatability mode made it work properly for me.

Sorry, I've never used GamersGate so I don't know whether you can get around the problem in the same way with a download, but the problem seems to be a general one and not specific to the GamersGate version.

I can not find the Exe for the game, and thus can not play it, Wtf is up with that? I've redownloaded several times.. Which means that I can not play my game that I just bought ;(. Any luck getting it to work with the GG version? First purchase from them, probably last too if this can't be easily fixed.

Help for GamersGate version of Two Thrones and Windows 7 /Vista installation problem

When you start the downloaded "Download Two Thrones.exe" a folder named "GamersGate temporary files" will be created (default in the same folder as the EXE).

In this folder is another one called "223".

When the gamefiles are downloaded and the installation routine begins change to that folder and copy the now visible "Setup.exe" to "Setup.exe_New"

Abort the installation and choose "Keep temporary files" in the following message window.

Now open again the folder "223", rename "Setup.exe_New" to "Setup.exe" and run this setup file with compatibility options (Windows Vista and Windows 7) and Admin rights.

After the following installation the "TwoThrones.exe" should be there !!!

Have fun,

Martin

I just had a bug with the boxed version I just recieved, but I fixed it. It was the same as the Gamersgate problem mentioned previously.
I have Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

My solution: I manually went into the disc, and I right clicked on Setup.exe. I ran Troubleshoot Compatability (basically just run it in XP Mode) and after the installation to the folder it specified. Then it works on most computers.
On my computer I had an additional program error: Failure to initialize video. I fixed this before with other older games and it boils down to downloading a program called RivaTuner. Go to the Launcher menu in RivaTuner, click on the green +. Then type in a name for it, click Associated Path and link it to your TwoThrones.exe. Then click on Associated Display Mode and select 1024x768. On the bottom click on Restore Settings After Terminating Application. Finally click OK. Then double click on the name you specified for the program and BINGO! You've done it!