• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Xanthippus

Byzantine Khaghan
89 Badges
Apr 27, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I've been asking a lot lately, so thanks to those who have been patiently answering them. :)

First question, why is Ethiopia Orthodox? I may be wrong, but I always thought they were Muslim... it's odd, considering they're in amongst Africans being entirely Muslim.

Second question, why do rebels sometimes take the province immediately without a siege? It's really irritating when I have a level five fortress so that it's hard for people to take the province and the rebels use it against me without any struggle for it at all.

Xanthippus said:
First question, why is Ethiopia Orthodox? I may be wrong, but I always thought they were Muslim... it's odd, considering they're in amongst Africans being entirely Muslim.
It may be odd, but it is accurate. Ethiopia is where Coptic Church is very strong. And even today they are about 50% Muslim, 40% Orthodox.

As for the rebels -- I think it's supposed to represent the idea that sometimes rebels can infiltrate your garrison and take over the city bloodlessly, without a long siege.

I do agree that it can be annoying. On the other hand, from a practical standpoint of gameplay, this also forces you to have to take that into consideration and make choices when deciding how far to build up your fortresses. If rebels always had to siege, you could avoid a great deal of difficulties in balancing big multi-religion empires because most provinces wouldn't generate enough rebels to take a Large or Mighty fortress without years of siege...

Also it can model the case of the whole city being unhappy, and the garrison being in on the rebellion.