• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42415)

Recruit
Apr 1, 2005
I got EU a long time ago and played the tutorial but I didn't play any more because I didn't have the time. I got it off the shelf and installed it on my new comp, and figured I'd play Fantasia for a bit to figure out everything. The only problem I encountered was that I could not annex another country militarily. I controlled every single province Ukraine owned but when I went to the peace window I could only demand three territories (unless I am mistaken an option should appear where you can annex the entire country?). Is this a Fantasia thing or what?

So I started to play The Age of Enlightenment as Turkey. I *think* I'm supposed to get one diplomat per year. It seems as if I get one diplomat per year, but the diplomats do not show up in my counter, and I can only use these "invisible diplomats" to send gifts, not to do anything else. (I can send one and only one gift per year, which leads me to believe I am getting one diplomat per year and it simply is not showing up on the counter.) Ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide to a frustrated n00b.

Addendum: I am running Win XP Pro with EU 1.10 in compatability mode for Win98/ME. I installed the IGC on a copy of the EU folder, but both of these instances occurred before I installed the IGC. (I haven't used the IGC yet.)

The reason for not beeing able to annex in Fantasia is that all nations there are playable. And you cannot annex a playable nation.