• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think one of the most interesting revelation about parties from this teaser is that they seem to have generic names based on what kind of party they are rather than ones based on historical parties or dynamically generated in some way.
Isn't it kind of early to ask for unique party localization for a small British colony when parties are a new system and the game is still very far from release? Who knows, they might have already added some unique starting parties or dynamic party names for countries bigger than an Australian colony.

They might add historical parties for the most politically developed countries (UK, USA, France) at the start when the time comes for release.

• 11Like
Reactions:
I think one of the most interesting revelation about parties from this teaser is that they seem to have generic names based on what kind of party they are rather than ones based on historical parties or dynamically generated in some way. On one hand I understand why they would go this route, it makes it clear for the player what interests the party is supposed to be representing and means they don't have to come up with names for parties in countries that never had any during the time span of Vicky 3. At the same time it obviously would make playing every country feel similar once they end up becoming democracies since they would all have the same array of parties with identical names and hurts a bit with immersion. Could be wrong, maybe they have given historical names for certain countries and might show them later.
Pretty sure it would be way to much to have historical names for ALL countires. Especially countries which don't had parties etc. New South Wales is a very niche country after all. Also we already have confirmation that Whigs and Tories are the parties in GB:

FEOwxcbXoAYhZoY.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
Actually the problem with named parties is not the effort to fill everything with content, but rather the fluidity of parties' powerbase and stances.
For example, the American Republican party on its way to become the modern GOP changed completely. If we model this change realistically, it's a huge game design challenge and a huge game design distortion (V3 is not an electoral sim after all). If we don't, it's not clear at which point the republicans should suddenly become socially conservative, and the democrats — economically left-leaning.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Actually the problem with named parties is not the effort to fill everything with content, but rather the fluidity of parties' powerbase and stances.
For example, the American Republican party on its way to become the GOP changed completely. If we model this change realistically, it's a huge game design challenge and a huge game design distortion (V3 is not an electoral sim after all). If we don't, it's not clear at which point the republicans should suddenly become socially conservative, and the democrats — economically left-leaning.
Thing is, the actual mix of IGs within those parties changed to accompany that, too. So they hardly sidestep the problem by not naming parties, haha.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Thing is, the actual mix of IGs within those parties changed to accompany that, too. So they hardly sidestep the problem by not naming parties, haha.
I mean that when the parties are not specifically named, it is not as much a problem when every election cycle the party composition changes (even if it changes completely without any continuity).

Reactions:
I mean that when the parties are not specifically named, it is not as much a problem when every election cycle the party composition changes (even if it changes completely without any continuity).
I suppose we shall see whether that's how it works shortly.

For example, the American Republican party on its way to become the modern GOP changed completely. If we model this change realistically, it's a huge game design challenge and a huge game design distortion (V3 is not an electoral sim after all). If we don't, it's not clear at which point the republicans should suddenly become socially conservative, and the democrats — economically left-leaning.

Yeah, look at Frances parties over time in Vic2; Republicans are the starting conservatives, while Orléanists are liberals (and so would be the ones to abolish the monarchy after a revolution), and then the Orléanists need to be removed and replaced later on so they can become conservatives.

Pretty sure it would be way to much to have historical names for ALL countires. Especially countries which don't had parties etc. New South Wales is a very niche country after all. Also we already have confirmation that Whigs and Tories are the parties in GB:

View attachment 835134

You know what, I forgot about that teaser from November so my bad. The generic names probably are for countries where there aren't any real life parties to draw from although the election interface has changed from Groogy's teaser to the one from yesterday so who knows if anything else did. Guess we'll just have to see once they tell us more about parties.

May 10 - East Indies
  • 13Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
Remember when Imperator Rome updates were just mostly about various regions of the known world? Except, those were dev diaries rather than just teasers. :p

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I guess what I'm curious about is if this involves any meaningful changes as part of the "Concessions", or if it's just "Group A opinion goes up, Group B opinion goes down."

• 9Like
Reactions:
First off: It's either "a temporary expedient" or "temporarily expedient", not "temporary expedient". I'm sorry, I'm a grammar nazi and I cannot abide such blatant mistakes.
Second: I, too, am curious what the concessions may incorporate. I hope it is more than just an opinion modifier. Maybe some sort of tax leniency with an increase in SoL? Maybe some more political power (I'm actually quite sure of that one)?

• 2Like
Reactions:
May 17 - East Asia
  • 11Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Maybe a seperate Vladivostok state and surrouding maritime manchuria? The rest of siberia really should receieve a frozen penalty for port levels for they are non-permanent port aka frozen in winter.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Maybe a seperate Vladivostok state and surrouding maritime manchuria? The rest of siberia really should receieve a frozen penalty for port levels for they are non-permanent port aka frozen in winter.
Is that really necessary? If the state includes Vladivostok (more properly, Haisenwai), then there is no need for modifiers for Siberian winters.

Reactions: