• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the passionate defense of Paradox by some users in this thread. However, calling people out because they assume that functionality shipped with an application ought to work is poor form. You may think you are defending Paradox, but in reality this reflects very poorly on the game, the company and the community in General. Your hostility is not only turning off the posters but persons like myself who just spent precious hours out of their morning trying to get a game to work rather than experiencing what it is that makes you so devoted to the game.

I share this sentiment.

Last edited:
wow

I cant believe the attitude of some of the earlier posters. You paid for a product, its not wrong to expect the game you paid money for to work.

I just purchased this game, and since i have never played a EU game before i went through the tutorials, and i too was having this problem. I would like to thank the people who came up with the solution as it helped me.

I think this game is too deep for a new player without a tutorial, i was willing to put up with the crashing between tutorials, but this issue was a bit confusing. im glad i found a fix here.

I just purchased the complete edition and discovered no tutorials work at all. I do not have the original that I gather the tutorials work with. So for now looks like I can not olay it as I have no idea how the series works.

Cheers

I just purchased the complete edition and discovered no tutorials work at all. I do not have the original that I gather the tutorials work with. So for now looks like I can not olay it as I have no idea how the series works.

Cheers
I recommend that you check out the EU3 Wiki at http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Main_Page

Be sure to read: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Newbie_Guide

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask in this forum! Paradox games are sometimes lacking in help for new players, but I think the community more than makes up for this :)

Yes, and when all else fails, play a game as someone big and strong and muddle through. It took me games as Ming, Scotland and Byzantium before I finally learned it all.

Another option would be to download the demo as mentioned earlier in the thread and run the tutorials there.

Hello AndrewT and jdrou, :)
The best way would be to download and play the demo.
Another option would be to download the demo as mentioned earlier in the thread and run the tutorials there.
I have been searching for the specific demos, recommended above, however have not found them yet. Can anyone at this forum help and tell the location of them, please?

Hello unmerged(119700),
Thank you for creating this thread. A time travel! You posted this a long time ago. Eleven years later today 2019, I as an IT systems engineer and customer satisfaction expert, have been struggling with similar problems and more, like you and others here experience, in order to also get EU3 Complete and Collection Upgrade to launch and work. Have not been able to play this game yet. (However several others.)

We have been struggling with this during several weeks - together with the support who sold the game. Now I view your thread and only wish I would have seen it in the beginning. Which of course is a compliment to you and the other positive users here.

Now you know, as the creator of this thread. All the best!

Please don't update ancient threads like this in future, make a new one instead.

The demo of this game is on the Steam Store page for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.