Turning off Heavy Metal in Campaign mode?

Turning off Heavy Metal in Campaign mode?

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

InfernalGoose

Private
14 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Having played a few Careers lately, today I decided I wanted to revisit Campaign mode. At first everything seemed to be as I remembered it, but then I noticed the Store in Ur Cruinne was selling LBX ammo. Then, when running an Ambush convoy mission in Bellerophon, the vehicles I ran into included a TAG Galleon, a Striker with a NARC beacon, and a UAC 5 tank.

While it's kind of funny seeing Heavy Metal content showing up in the Campaign, is there any way to run a campaign where HM conent ISN'T available? It's kind of hard to maintain the 3025 mood when the Periphery is flooded with post-Clan invasion tech.

stjobe

15 Badges
Jan 3, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
is there any way to run a campaign where HM conent ISN'T available?
Short of uninstalling Heavy Metal, I don't think so. Your best bet is probably a mod, so you might have better luck asking in the mod forum.

It's kind of hard to maintain the 3025 mood when the Periphery is flooded with post-Clan invasion tech.
Just for the record, the UAC/5, LB 10-X, and NARC were all canonically reintroduced in 3035; TAG was reintroduced a bit later in 3044, but none of them are post-Clan Invasion.