• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some suggestions:
-they deploy their forces in the front but do not fight anyone (not France, Egypt, Russia, etc...)
-too many revolts that they cannot control
-they do not know how to invade Russia, they sit in the border for ages just looking at the russian troops (and the russians does the same)
-their economy cannot maintain their army

Generalisimo said:
Some suggestions:
-they deploy their forces in the front but do not fight anyone (not France, Egypt, Russia, etc...)
-too many revolts that they cannot control
-they do not know how to invade Russia, they sit in the border for ages just looking at the russian troops (and the russians does the same)

I assume these suggestions are based on the turkey AI found currently in VIP?
Anyway, good news to you, these problems are already fixed!

About the army...well now they can maintain it(and in even greater numbers)

The main problem I have seen with the current AI is that it has made the Ottomans too industrial. Economic focus should be on export of primary raw materials and low level investment in fabric/paper etc.

In terms of research, focus should be on Army and Culture (the main concerns of the Ottoman ruling elite in the 19th C) - i'd recommend :

Army - 1.9
Navy - 1.2
Culture - 1.6
Commerce - 1.3
Industry - 1.4

As for construction, focus should be on forts (esp along the Russian border, where the Ottomans made major investments in the 19th C) and colonization (for movement into Libya). Railroads were developed relatively late and tended to be focused at first on economic extraction (Izmir into W Anatolia, Salonika into the Balkans) and the Balkan line from Vienna to Istanbul.

How are you dividing the Turkey AI? Probably the best would be a series of AIs divided something like like :

1836-1853 (early Tanzimat)
Crimean War
1856-1876 (high Tanzimat - higher emphasis on culture research above army)
Russo-Turkish War/Balkan Revolts 1876-1878
1876-1908 (Abdulhamid era - here focus more on railroads)
1908-end (Young Turk/WWI)

unknown-X- said:
I assume these suggestions are based on the turkey AI found currently in VIP?
Anyway, good news to you, these problems are already fixed!

About the army...well now they can maintain it(and in even greater numbers)
those suggestions are related to the last version of your AI file that i have... send me a new one and i will post new suggestions if you want. :D

Turkey is different for the OE... but in game terms it does not make a bit of difference... there was no such thing as Turkey until 1924.... out of the viki time frame...

sean john said:
1924?
Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi was found in 23th April 1920.

No ıt was not...That was the natıonal agreement... There was not a mentıon of Turks.... the word Mıllet was used and thıs was relıgıous... The state was stıll the Ottoman Empıre... Ataturk theoretıcally remaıned loyal to the Ottoman system (called the well protected domaıns) untıl he was strong enough to replace ıt wıth a republıc after the war of ındependence... Indeed... the antı Chrıstıan forces called themself the defense organısıatıon of Anatolıa and Thrıce... no mentıon of Turkey...
Check your facts.... :)

please take discussion to the history forum. this is really not the place for it. If you want to discuss improvements to the AI for the Ottoman Empire (aka Turkey in English) then please continue

OH, thanks for interrupting...

Because some kind of wrong and strange statements do still go on.

OH, I will not go into details here as you have pointed.

I am sorry but one question I have to ask to the guy;
Where do you learn these absurd things that you consistently say??

During the Tanzimat era, the reforms should need to decrease the militancy of the balkan people. I have noticed in some of my games that Turkey invades iran, tripoli, and all the arab states she borders. Turkey didn't have the necessary power to do that. I sometimes see Turkey having trade posts in New Zealand or Micronesia. Turkey shouldn't do any colonising. After the 1908 revolutions, all the reseraches must be for the army. Fortifications, must be done.