• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Basileios Makedon

Head of Government
70 Badges
Apr 19, 2015
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
Tunisian/Hafsid Ideas

Traditions:

+1 merchant

+15% galley combat ability

1. Centralize the state: The desert is always difficult to rule. The long distance and the dangers of the desert make communication very difficult. We should maximize the efficiency of our administration to make the state more centralized.-0.05 monthly autonomy reduction

2. Campaigns in North Africa: Since the times of Abu Zakariya, we have been organising campaigns agains the minor african kingdoms, mainly Tlemcen. Our soldiers should march against them with the military efficiency that they have shown these 200 years.+10% army morale

3. Piracy in Mediterranean: The Mediterranean is a region full of pirates. Instead of fighting them, we should cooperate with them and recruit them as corsairs to weak the Christian trade in the Barbary Coast and stregthen Tunisian one.+15% privateer efficiency, -15% ship cost

4. Legacy of Ibn Khaldun: Ibn Khaldun was a very important historian and considered the father of the sociology. Although he was from Al-Andalus, their origins were tunisian and he lived here most oh his life.-5% tech cost reduction

5. Reforms of Abd-Al Azid: The piracy gave a lot of money to the Hafsid state. Under Abd-Al Azid II, those benefits were used to build administrative and naval buildings all across the country to reinforce the tunisian presence there.-10% build cost

6. Center of Mediterranean trade: Tunis has always been a very important center of trade in the Mediterranean. Since ancient times, it has been the gate between Eastern and Western Mediterranean, and the gold and slaves that come from Africa visit Tunis in their way to Europe.+20% provincial trade power

7. Defend against Christian Kingdoms: Since the times of the 8th crusade, to the modern Aragonese and Spanish campaigns, our kingdom has defended its land from those heathens from the north. We should improve our fortifications to ensure that they never try again.+10% fort defense

Ambitions :

+10% infantry combat ability

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
That 4th idea is overpowered. What about just -5% tech cost?

they are too strong

Tunisian/Hafsid Ideas

Traditions:

+1 merchant

-15% ship cost

1. Centralize the state: -0.05 monthly autonomy reduction

2. Campaigns in North Africa: +10% army morale

3. Piracy in Mediterranean: +20% privateer efficiency, +15% galley combat ability

4. Legacy of Ibn Khaldun: -5% tech cost reduction,

5. Reforms of Abd-Al Azid: -10% build cost

6. Center of Mediterranean trade: +20% provincial trade power

7. Defend against Christian Kingdoms: +10% fort defense

Ambitions :

+10% cavalry combat ability

they are too strong

Tunisian/Hafsid Ideas

Traditions:

+1 merchant

-15% ship cost

1. Centralize the state: -0.05 monthly autonomy reduction

2. Campaigns in North Africa: +10% army morale

3. Piracy in Mediterranean: +20% privateer efficiency, +15% galley combat ability

4. Legacy of Ibn Khaldun: -5% tech cost reduction,

5. Reforms of Abd-Al Azid: -10% build cost

6. Center of Mediterranean trade: +20% provincial trade power

7. Defend against Christian Kingdoms: +10% fort defense

Ambitions :

+10% cavalry combat ability
Thanks for the reply. I changed some things. However, I'll leave the infantry combat ability ( of course nerfed )

Thanks for the reply. I changed some things. However, I'll leave the infantry combat ability ( of course nerfed )
Switch the Merchant with Infantry Combat Ability because Catalonian Traditions are basically the same thing (Merchants and Light Ship Cost) Or switch with other stuff. It's too similar.

Switch the Merchant with Infantry Combat Ability because Catalonian Traditions are basically the same thing (Merchants and Light Ship Cost) Or switch with other stuff. It's too similar.
Hmm... I don't think that's a problem... But I'll switch the ship cost with the galley combat ability

Hmm... I don't think that's a problem... But I'll switch the ship cost with the galley combat ability
I don't think it's a big deal but since Tunisia and Catalonia are close to each other, it seems weird. But the Galley Combat ability makes more sense and gives Tunis an early advantage which it needs for Spain.