• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aux_Teergois said:
Very interesting aar, good luck! Romanian Imperium of Byzantion, what an excellent idea!

Thanks... :)

WhisperingDeath said:
Nice superstack of Wehrmacht troops on the Belgian border! Have fun with a Schliefen Plan redux! ;)

I am a fan of superstacks... :p

As mentioned previously, the AAR now shifts back to the story part for the next little while.

I wouldn't complain if you used Acceptall to get those provinces that would smooth out the borders - you could say it's a reward for Romania.

ColossusCrusher said:
I wouldn't complain if you used Acceptall to get those provinces that would smooth out the borders - you could say it's a reward for Romania.

er... which provinces? The ones in France? Have to defeat Vichy first.. :)

Oops. Yeah, those and a few in Spain, just to make it all pretty-like. :D

I see the British still own Crete. Any plan to take it from them soon? I guess that would also require Romania having transport capability. ;) Good luck with Barbarosa! This should be fun! :cool:

WhisperingDeath said:
I see the British still own Crete. Any plan to take it from them soon? I guess that would also require Romania having transport capability. ;) Good luck with Barbarosa! This should be fun! :cool:

There is a plan for creating a fleet to take out the islands... but its a lot of manpower - a whopping 170 of it to create 3 marines, 6 infantry, 4 transports and 16 destroyers, which should be enough to take out the islands in The Romanian Sea... :)

Will have to wait until after Barbarossa and see how that shakes out though, which will give me enough time to research the techs needed. Will only race down the destroyer path, as I dont think I will be encountering too much traffic on the seas, as my NAVs are doing a fine job of sweeping.

Why did you need Papal blessing to become Imperator? Romanians are Orthodox if I remember correctly. So to get Imperial title only thing you needed was probably approval of Patriarch of Constantinople.

This way by going first to the pope, you probably pissed off Orthodox clergy. And for an nationalist government, that is not a smart thing to do.

The Pope should have been forced to give the blessing (in exchange maybe for an Papal republic) but AFTER formal coronation in Constantinople (it's only fair).

Other than that. ONWARDS!

4th Dimension said:
Why did you need Papal blessing to become Imperator? Romanians are Orthodox if I remember correctly. So to get Imperial title only thing you needed was probably approval of Patriarch of Constantinople.

This way by going first to the pope, you probably pissed off Orthodox clergy. And for an nationalist government, that is not a smart thing to do.

The Pope should have been forced to give the blessing (in exchange maybe for an Papal republic) but AFTER formal coronation in Constantinople (it's only fair).

Other than that. ONWARDS!

All will be explained... :) The Coles Notes version would be that papal blessing helps decrease unrest in the conquered lands, and Michael liked the idea of the Roman pope proclaiming him Imperator.

Enewald said:
Great! :eek:

Now to crush the commies!

Thanks.

quintelosky said:
Good aar :)

Now, the uk and ussr is the next

Heh - the former is almost a fanciful notion at this point. The Reich and the Republic have a combined naval force of 7 transports... with nothing else... :)

And now it's time for Russia. Shame you needed to assist the AI there.

Vann

dag231 said:
All will be explained... :) The Coles Notes version would be that papal blessing helps decrease unrest in the conquered lands, and Michael liked the idea of the Roman pope proclaiming him Imperator.

Though you may want to „explain” that he was crowned as Imperator (Împărat Mihai I :D) when he made Constantinople the capital. And that the Pope wasn't too happy about accepting and blessing an Orthodox ruler over Rome.

You should make further events, with a union of churches, where the Pope becomes just the Patriarch of Italy and looses infallibility, and a Pope in exile is chosen in S America or South US.

A very pretty expansion. The Med will be a Roman(ian) lake once again! :)

Nice work.

Are you going to neaten out the borders of your empire at all?

Anyways, good luck with the invasion!

Maj. von Mauser said:
Nice work.
Are you going to neaten out the borders of your empire at all?
Anyways, good luck with the invasion!

Maybe after its all over, trade parts of Vichy France for Spain, that sort of thing... depends on how Barbarossa goes down.

stnylan said:
A very pretty expansion. The Med will be a Roman(ian) lake once again! :)

The Romanian Sea.... :)

[edit]

Which, I suppose, will be called Marea Românã... :cool:

Last edited: