• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I approve the plan.

Signed,

A.Y.

Foreign Ministry plan passes. That leaves only the intelligence plan and our war planning.

That leaves only the intelligence plan and our war planning.

((Or maybe just an intelligent war plan. I am still trying to work out how to herd the cats in Asia so there is no rush on Gen Marshall.))

((I'm curious how you plan to handle the supply problems in Spain.))

((I didn't even know I had to make a plan :p))

((Nah, Gen. Marshall makes the plans for foreign intelligence. Or he should, anyway. *glares pointedly*))

If we are to resume our foreign intelligence program, I propose we focus on Greece and France. We could attempt a coup in Greece, while disrupting French research, should they feel overconfident and attack us. What would the gentlemen and ladies NKs think of this plan?

If we can do it I have no issues. My only question is if it is feasible in success.

I agree with Comrade Zverev's observation about whether the current resources would be able to cover 2 countries at the same time. We have built up a handy reserve of espionage resources but they will be starting from scratch in either Greece or France and there will be an inevitable attrition until we can get on top of local counter-espionage forces. I would suggest prioritising covert operations in Greece over France as the former will have fewer resources to resist us, and is the more immediate concern to our future goals. Greater resources can then be requested by Comrade Sokolov in the 1942 leadership budget if he wishes to pursue multiple targets.

NF Vatutin

I think there are plenty resources for intelligence operations in those decadent "democracies". There also political organisations which can further assist us in these tasks. I would even consider more active strategies in France than disrupting their research.

Comrade Sokolov,

I must assume that, at the moment, you are occupied with affairs of state (glances at Petrova) and that, perhaps, is distracting you from your duty. I would advise you to consider the advice your colleagues have shared and either adjust or clarify your plan.

Unless, of course, you would prefer to serve a glorious example to the Motherland and personally command the forces in the Far East. You do wear a Marshal's uniform.

Stalin

Yes. Yes Comrade General Secretary, I was incredibly busy.

1942 Intelligence Plan

The NKVR believes that the current pool of intelligence officers is sufficient to conduct operations in two countries simultaneously. However, just in case this prediction might be wrong, we shall assign a higher priority to operations in Greece.

Domestic intelligence: No change
Greece ((Lvl 3)): Counterintelligence((lvl 3)), as soon as their spies have been neutralized, switch to Counterintelligence ((lvl 1)) and Support Our Party ((lvl 3))
France ((Lvl 2)): Counterintelligence((lvl 2)) and Disrupt Research ((lvl 3))

I vote DA