• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I repeat, the current production is good enough. You have won the war with what we have Marshal Vatutin, you do not need more for the mopping up.

Zverev

I see, Comrade Zverev. Well, since you appear very definite on the point, it would seem that you should put the plan up for a vote to see if the rest of the Politburo agrees with you.

NF Vatutin

Defense Budget - 2nd Half, 1941
Written by Arseny G. Zverev

Current IC Production:

4 x Multirole Fighters - 8.30 [70.9IC]
2 x Strategic Bombers - 11.98 x 3 [71.91IC]
2 x Transports - 13.8 x 2 [55.2IC]

164 IC

164​

164 IC

I vote Nyet to the Defence Budget.

The Finance budget allocated 210 Industrial Capacity for Production. Furthermore as the Upgrades are completed, we will have further Capacity to allocate to Production. Therefore we have the capacity to undertake the refit of the 1st and 2nd Shock Army. In fact, we will be wasting Production capacity if we do not do the refit.

The refits take approximately 6 weeks per unit. As the budget is for the next 6 months (26 weeks), we have the time to do the refit twice over.

Finally, the purpose of the refit is to replace the light BT7M's with the larger T34. Although they served us well, we must continue to improve our tank force as the vanguard of the Red Army, or face falling behind the Western Capitalists in the technology race, thereby inviting invasion from the West who is so envious of our success.

I see no reason to delay the refit of the 2 Shock Armies and every reason to do so now.

NF Vatutin

I don't understand why comrade Zverev is so stubborn. If we have spare industrial capacity, we should use it. If it turns out that no IC is available no harm is done by scheduling in advance some projects which will eventually start. I support comrade Vatutin's suggestions and vote no to the program.

Signed,

A.Y.

Comrade Zverev,

Perhaps you do not realize that Comrade Vatutin simply wishes to provide existing divisions with better equipment, not add additional divisions. Although I do not have a seat on the Politburo, I would urge you to reconsider.

-- Marshal Tukhachevsky

For the reasons expressed by Comrade Vatutin, and as expressed in the Financial Plan, I vote Nyet on the proposed defense plan.

Malenkov, NKFin

((Time for the Celerity Rule, maybe?))

I will vote Nyet on the defensive plan.

That's one vote in favor, four votes against. Given that it is highly unlikely that the plan will pass ((thanks to inactive members)), I am formally returning the plan to Comrade Zverev for revision. Should he refuse to do so, I will unfortunately be forced to accept his resignation.

Comrade Yakushev, I believe Comrade Vatutin had some recommendations for you about your plan. Did you have an opportunity to review them? If so, are you prepared to move forward to a vote?

Stalin

Defense Budget - 2nd Half, 1941
Written by Arseny G. Zverev

Current IC Production:

4 x Multirole Fighters - 8.30 [70.9IC]
2 x Strategic Bombers - 11.98 x 3 [71.91IC]
2 x Transports - 13.8 x 2 [55.2IC]

164 IC

Upgrades

23 x Light Armoured - 6.78 [154.79IC]

154.79 IC

164​
154.79​
+

318.79 IC

Zverev grumbles

"Not only is defeating Germany, Italy, Yugoslavia and Hungary with our current army not enough, they want more? We have become an army with a government... Bah"

((I'm not going to apologise, tourist season has started and I have started working double shifts))

((All I wanted was for you to pimp my rides))

I am assuming the brief amendment is an acceptance of an upgrade from light to medium tanks for the Shock Armies as discussed. I vote Da to the new defence plan.

NF Vatutin
NGSh

I for one applaud Comrade Zverev's willingness to exhibit flexibility, and vote Da for the revised Defense Plan.

Malenkov, NKFin

I approve the plan, and will present the leadership/ research plan later this evening.

Signed,

A.Y.

One more vote to pass revised defense plan.

Da!

((I am off to the beach (Noosa) this weekend. If we haven't heard from red_KLG by Sunday night (AEST), I will post a draft tech plan and budget for discussion to keep things rolling.))

(( The world cup is killing me... I ll put up a draft by Saturday noon :| ))