• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've certainly no objections to new plans being presented by Marshal Vatutin.

Stalin

I vote Da for Comrade Petrova's plan.

Malenkov NKFin

I agree with comrade Petrova's plan.

A.Y.

I vote Da for Comrade Petrova's Foreign Policy Plan.

NF Vatutin

Whilst we wait for the NKVR Plan,

Stavka proposes supplementing the existing plans for Operation Uran and the opening Operation Plockhoy Volk with the 2 sub-operations. However, I seek the General Secretary's approval as they involve some novel movements:

1. Operation Odette - The presence of our units on the Polish border has drawn the attention of the Wehrmacht which on the latest count has sent 42 Divisions, including at least 3 SS Divisions, 4, Motorised Divisions, 2 Armoured Divisions and 2 Mountain Divisions. The recent arrival of the armoured units is of particular concern. Stavka believes the decision of the Hitlerites to go through the Maginot Line instead of Belgium, and their corresponding slow progress is a direct result of the diversion of their best units to the East. In order to improve our odds, Stavka proposes putting out a cover story that the Western Front and Third Shock Army have been engaged in war game exercises, and that they are now returning to barracks. It is proposed that all units except the Brest Litovsk garrison pull back 1 area from the border, beyond their surveillance. Hopefully, the Wehrmacht will then return their units to the West to focus on the French. The Red Army units are to then move back to the Front to then be in position for an attack on a weakened line. ((We pull all units back 1 area. The Germans will then move most units away so that there will be only 1 Division per area. By the time the Red Army units move back, it will be too late for the AI to recall the other Divisions. However, I need clarification from Avindian as to whether this is firstly too gamey and secondly whether he is up to moving the units back to their original positions which will be a lot of clicking.))

2. Operation Odile - The TD and SPART regiments in reserve will be deployed in Romania and given orders to move to the 1st and 2nd Shock Army divisions who still need to be filled out. The units will then be added once they arrive at the new parent divisions. ((I will pair up the TD and SPART regiments to match up the divisions with Avindian to the use the "r" hotkey to marry up the reserves to the divisions. This is not gamey but I need to know that Avindian is up to this clicking.))

NF Vatutin

((Your 1st thing -- yeah, way too gamey. :) For the second, give me specific details and it's doable. This "hotkey" you speak of is most intriguing.))

Malenkov taps his fingers; buffs his nails; stares at the ceiling.

Then he summons a clerk, and instructs him to send flowers and a get-well card to Comrade Sokolov.

He resumes staring at the ceiling.

Comrade General Secretary,

1. Operation Odile - I will pair up Tank Destroyer and Self Propelled Artillery Regiments for specific Divisions in the Shock Armies, given them designations for their parent Divisions and orders directing them to the Divisions' current billets. They can then be merged with the Divisions in Yugoslvia. ((I will deploy the existing regiments in reserve into Romania, pair them up and mark them "for XX Tank Division", eg for 1st Tank Division. I will then allocate move orders to the areas where the corresponding division is located. Once they arrive, lasso the area, hold down shift as you select the parent division and its tagged TD/SPART regt, then hit R key to bring up reorg screen and move the SPART and TD regts into the parent division.))

2. Operation Plokhoy Volk - This is to remain as before except the trigger for the invasion is once the Germans control any 2 areas adjacent to any of the new Blue zone ((EMPHASIS on adjacent to a blue zone, not waiting for 2 Blue zone areas to be taken.))

HOInewtrigger.jpg

The SPART and TD which will be completed in July/August are to be kept in reserve for deployment until the Shock Army units move into Hungary after the invasion starts. There are no other reinforcements due in the July/August period.

Orders will be given for the Mountain Divisions to move on the remaining objective on the Persian Gulf which will force the Persians to surrender in late August.

I invite questions and comments.

NF Vatutin

Comrades,

What are your thoughts on foreign intelligence? We will be in dire need of officers in the months to come - and I have been told that available leadership could be easily retasked to fulfill this need. If needed, my department will cede the necessary means.

F.V. Sokolov

Comrade Sokolov, I have already expressed the opinion that we lack the resources to maintain the foreign offices at this time and that we would be better served focusing on our own internal needs, and in particular rallying the proletariat to build National Unity.

((We're all still alive here, right? Just checking. :)))

((I'm just waiting for an update.))

Then I propose to maintain all current foreign missions as they are, with no additional funding ((0 priority on country level)), and to focus internal espionage on increasing National Unity ((lvl 3)).

I agree with this proposal.

A.Y.

((I was waiting for someone else to post as I didn't want a double post.))

I vote Da to the NKVR proposal.

NF Vatutin