• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why do not we just give the NKVD divisions to the Red Army and be done with it?

Also: Who are the current SGO members?
((SGO members are listed on the front page))

((Yes, I meant Zverev. Apologies.))

Comrade Petrova,

At present, the SGO consists of Comrades Rakbolskaja, Vatutin, Sokolov, and Zverev.

Stalin

In which case, I wish to state that I am interested in the fifth position, but will allow the Politburo to decide if I am suitable or not.

In any case -- I propose we integrate the NKVD divisions into the Red Army, where they can be used to defeat fascism on the frontline.

((Looks at first page - Matthew 20:16))

Why do not we just give the NKVD divisions to the Red Army and be done with it?
Also: Who are the current SGO members?
That would be a much better plan Comrade Petrova. I am somewhat ashamed that I would have wasted the labour of the people in order to clean the nation of Yagoda's toxic legacy.
I think that the current membership so far consists of Comrades Vatutin, Rakobolskaja, Zverev, and Sokolov.

I am fully supportive of your proposal, General Secretary. Comrade Zverev is a solid and hard-working member of my staff, and has proven his worth time and time again. I can see him working equally well in charge of his own Kommisariat.

V.M. Sakharov, NK Finance

Comrades,

The NKVD divisions are a good tool, but so far they were handled by the wrong mechanic. These divisions are, in fact, an important part of the NKGB's Military Policing role. We can't have these divisions attached to Army Command, since their very task is to check the Army. These divisions weren't just, or perhaps not only, one of Yagoda's plans to achieve more power, but an essential unit, formed to prevent the kind of coups we have seen in the past ((haven't forgotten about that, have we?)). Under competent leadership, supervised by the Politburo, and purged of conspirators, these divisions will be able to perform their task properly.

In order to make sure that the NKGB, as an essential part of internal security, and as an institution with voting powers, is led by a competent and professional Commissar, I propose that one of us gives up his current position to shift to the NKGB position. If possible, we could then proceed to demote one of the current Commissariats to keep the amount of Commissars at a minimum.

- Major General Feodor Vasilevich Sokolov, People's Commissar for Justice and Interim Head of NKVD

PS: I wish to commend and warn Comrade Pasternak. He has been most helpful in my investigation, and we will soon be able to produce a list covering an estimated 97% of former conspirators. We have found that we can't possibly find them all, especially given the fact that orders were usually passed on orally down the chain of command and that not all participating soldiers actually knew that they were participating in criminal activities. So, the remaining estimated 3% shall be neutralized by re-organizing the NKVD and by promoting those who have been proven innocent. It is in this spirit that I promote Comrade Pasternak to head of the NKVD Intelligence Division. I do wish to warn him, however, not to be overly ambitious. Not only is it unlikely that there would be much support for his appointment to the SGO, it would also block the appointment of more competent members like our Foreign Minister.

Comrades. The Red Army, as with the Air Force, is loyal to the motherland and the party. There is no need for such divisions to exist. The manpower should be reassigned to the red army for use as needed. I am sure comrade Petrova would make a fine fifth member to the SGO. I am curious as to why neither the Navy nor the Air Force are represented on such an august council of war. While the soldiers will carry most of the load in the upcoming wars, I sincerely hope that the SGO remembers that the sailors and airmen also stand ready to serve.

((May I inquire as to what mechanic put Dadarian above me in seniority, and shierholzer below me? :eek:))
((Sherholzer got censured, thus he should be bellow the rest of the SGO))

Dear Comrades

I fully support Comrade Sokolov's proposal. The only additional comment I would make is that I have found the NKVD Corps has served, and I expect will continue to serve a very useful purpose in freeing up frontline troops by performing rear echelon tasks. In the hands of a commander loyal to the people, it will truly be a shield of the Soviet Union as it should always have been.

I would also support the appointment of Comrade Petrova to the SGO when it comes to a vote. Her knowledge of the thoughts and ways of thinking of the foreign powers will be an invaluable aid to our planning. She is also a NarKom of the utmost loyalty and devotion to the State, putting the interests of the people ahead of her own personal aggrandisement.

Yours fraternally

NF Vatutin (Col Gen)
NGSh

((Changes have been made to the Two Agency Plan.))

The adjusted Two Agency Plan seems fine to me. If no one else wants to propose changes then I would be happy to lend my official support to that it can be brought to a vote.

I will vote in favour of the proposal if it is amended to provide that 1 of the 2 positions is to go to an existing Politburo member who is willing to give up their current portfolio, so that in effect there will an overall increase of only 1 to the Politburo. I have no preference as to which of the positions go to the sitting member.

If the NKGB are demoted from a National Kommissarate, I am willing and able to take command of the newly formed KGB and defend the USSR from all threats covert and overt.

I will vote in favour of the proposal if it is amended to provide that 1 of the 2 positions is to go to an existing Politburo member who is willing to give up their current portfolio, so that in effect there will an overall increase of only 1 to the Politburo. I have no preference as to which of the positions go to the sitting member.
This has been added. The first Chief of the NKGB shall be a current member of the Portburo.

Since nobody has, at present, raised any objections, I am officially appointing Comrade Zverev as People's Commissar for Agriculture.

Stalin

Committee-member Loyalty Investigation Report​

Committee: Leningrad Urban Planning Committee
Date: 18 October 1938

Member: Partkom bureau secretary
Name: Yegor Bodilovich Skovgaard
Born: 23 of October 1906, Saint Petersburg (Leningrad)

af8x.jpg

Origin:
Son of Bodil Skovgaard and Masha Alekseyevna Vinokurova. His father, a Norwegian, moved to Lenignrad in june 1905 to join the revolution. There he joined the PSR and met Masha Alekseyevna Vinokurova and together they had one son: Yegor.
Report: Undecided

Parents:
Father: Bodil Skovgaard (Norwegian)
Joined the 1905 revolution. Member of PSR. Was stationed as newly drafted conscript in Leningrad in 1917. He was shot and killed when he refused orders to engage the revolutionaries.

Mother: Masha Alekseyevna Vinokurova
Party member since 1918, participated in the 1917 strikes in Leningrad.
Report: Good

Education:
Studied Geography at the Leningrad State University (1926-1929). Several counter-revolutionary conspirators where still present at the time.

Party Participation:
Contributed to many kommunalkas projects in 1929-1930. Has shown good effort to abolish constructivist architecture and implement Stalins great visions for housing.
Report: Good

Overall Report: Undecided