• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Just to note, I picked up HoI and various other games in the sales (MotE for £3.74, anyone?) so I now have a bit more of an idea as to what is going on with regards to all of these reports ;)))

((Just to note, I picked up HoI and various other games in the sales (MotE for £3.74, anyone?) so I now have a bit more of an idea as to what is going on with regards to all of these reports ;)))

((Off-topic OOC: Any HOI3 AAR in the planning? :)

OOC: I think it would be best if at the end of any position shifts, a more useless Commissariat than Justice is dissolved. So, Ideological Purity, Trade and Industry or Communication have first grabs at the new position as far as I am concerned. Otherwise, perhaps we can move DensleyBlair up the ladder to Justice?))

Comrade Stalin, Anastasia, many thanks for nominating me as the new Commissar for NKGB. However, I must first see to my current duties as Commissar of Justice. This position cannot be transferred in the short time needed to provide a head of the NKGB, so I'll await the interests of other Commissars before making a decision.

- Major General Feodor Vasilevich Sokolov, People's Commissar for Justice

Comrades, it is a glorious day in the USSR. Let us celebrate by jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. Trust me, there is no thrill like it.

Comrades, it is a glorious day in the USSR. Let us celebrate by jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. Trust me, there is no thrill like it.

Ah, Comrade, reminds me of the revolution when I parachuted down into a battle against the counter-revolutionaries at Stalingrad.

Comrades

I agree with Comrade Sokolov. Although he is a leading light of the Politburo, it makes no sense to move him out of the important position of Justice into the NKGB, or even worse, to combine Justice and the NKGB which is only a recipe for disaster if a less scrupulous individual ever gained control of this position. It is a credit to his wisdom and honour that he declined the proposal.

I make the following nominations:

NKVR - Comrade Pasternak - Given his pedigree in foreign postings, the Comrade makes the ideal choice in running this network.
NKGB - Comrade Teterev - The Comrade's talents are wasted in Ideological Purity and his honesty in exposing the machinations of the evil Yagoda recommend him for this post.
SGO - Comrade Petrova - I have previously noted the importance of the Comrade's intimate knowledge of international affairs as critical to the strategic direction of the State. I also remind you of her recent act of selfless devotion to the State in the Yagoda affair.

I make these nominations without hesitation and commend the candidates for your consideration.

Yours fraternally

NF Vatutin (Col Gen)
NGSh

I fully Approve of Vatutin's idea for the new leadership and newest member of the SGO.

I thank everyone for the faith shown in me and my plan. If I am made Chief of the NKVR, I shall serve the Revolution to the best of my ability.
-Alik Feodoryich Pasternak Deputy Chief of NKVD

I agree with Comrade Vatutin's proposal. Comrade Petrova is a natural fit for the SGO, Comrade Pasternak has worked hard in the former-NKVD and is the best man to head it's successor agency, and my lateral movement would result in the destruction of the Commissariat of Ideological Purity which is Yagoda's final stain on this body.

At present, then, we have the following nominations:

NKGB
Sokolov
Teterev

NKVR
Pasternak

Final SGO slot
Petrova

((As of tomorrow, I will be on holiday. I will not have access to internet or the game for at least a week. Therefore I cannot perform my duties to the AAR. Now that Zverev has his own department, I suppose he cannot be my proxy... :mellow:))

I completely agree with comrade Vatutin's plan. Will the head of NKVR be a member of the Politburo?

A.Y.

((As of tomorrow, I will be on holiday. I will not have access to internet or the game for at least a week. Therefore I cannot perform my duties to the AAR. Now that Zverev has his own department, I suppose he cannot be my proxy... :mellow:))
The airforce would be glad to stand in for you comrade.

((I suppose it is acceptable. :) No one else has voiced any interest...))

As of tomorrow, Comrade Jekabs Alsknis, Chief of the Air Force, will serve as my proxy in all matters that require my interaction. He has full authority to perform any action within my own power, with the exception of resigning my post.

V.M. Sakharov, NK Finance

((I suppose it is acceptable. :) No one else has voiced any interest...))

As of tomorrow, Comrade Jekabs Alsknis, Chief of the Air Force, will serve as my proxy in all matters that require my interaction. He has full authority to perform any action within my own power, with the exception of resigning my post.

V.M. Sakharov, NK Finance
Thank you your confidence comrade. Though I am used to budgeting, I am a pilot not an accountant so no fear of trying to take your place permanently.

As a reminder, you have until 1 PM tomorrow (-6 GMT) to nominate other candidates for the NKGB, NKVR, and SGO.

I'm also still interested in separate schemes, if necessary, for seniority in military endeavors. We also need to decide what voting rights, if any, Front Commanders will have. Perhaps we should automatically make them members of the SGO? Feel free to share your thoughts via PM (Gen. Marshall has already graciously shared his.) I will open this up for in-thread discussion as soon as the matter of the new members is resolved.

((My absence will be for about 3-5 days before I can get internet again FYI))

It has been over 48 hours. With no opposition, Petrova becomes the 5th member of the SGO and Pasternak becomes our first head of the NKVR. We do have one vote, however, and that is for the head of the NKGB. Please vote for either Sokolov or Teterev.