• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Seadd-Talan

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Mar 15, 2021
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
So I am playing as a machine empire for the first time. I’m playing as the machine intelligence option. My main question is why do several of my planets constantly have low stability? I build the nexus districts but they don’t seem to do much good.
Another question, why do outposts cost more alloys as a machine empire?
Note, these things don’t seem to actually be causing me any real issues, just a bit annoying.

So I am playing as a machine empire for the first time. I’m playing as the machine intelligence option. My main question is why do several of my planets constantly have low stability? I build the nexus districts but they don’t seem to do much good.
Another question, why do outposts cost more alloys as a machine empire?
Note, these things don’t seem to actually be causing me any real issues, just a bit annoying.

with stability, which i think is called deviancy for robots (as in, not following programming), have you checked that your nexus jobs are being filled? i don’t think they prioritise those jobs. i could be wrong, but when they aren’t filled, you’re not getting amenities which contributes to deviancy.

the alloy cost is just a thing with machines i think. you won’t be using cg or (possibly) food, so you can concentrate your economy to counter that very easily. i’ve found energy and influence are the real chokepoints, especially mid-game. make sure you have tons of the former.

good luck!

Machines generally have lower stability. They don't get the same bonuses as bio pops as they are unaffected by happiness. If stability is too low, try prioritizing maintenance drones. I think the game will otherwise fill those jobs last.

I hope you enjoy playing machines.. I beat the Contingency for the first time playing as Rouge Servitor.. I think Driven Assimilator is my favorite.

Alright, thanks. I will try prioritizing the nexus jobs. I think it is weird though that there is even a stability factor for machine intelligence empires since most of the population consists of mindless drones. And yeah, they are unaffected by happiness, which to me means that stability shouldn’t matter. Oh well, all things considered I am enjoying the play through. I have gotten to recurring tech already and I’m only in year 2300. Mind you, I play with tech cost at minimum because I’m impatient, but as a normal empire I usually don’t reach recurring tech until close to 2400.

I became very good at using machine empires, they are imo the best empire type in the game (even after the updates) simply because of how simple they are to play. If you're having stability issues there usually only a few causes:

Crime (Which for a ME would be corrupted machines) which can be solved by building or upgrading any buildings that add anti-crime jobs.

Amenities, which for a machine empire is basically parts/maintenance drones, these can be added by Drone Nexus districts which add drone maintenance jobs, or drone storage facilities which directly adds amenities to the planet.

Unemployment, this is the simplest one to solve, when a planet gets a large number of unemployed drones they start to corrupt, however they can either be transferred to another planet or an event will pop-up which allows you to temporarily disable unemployed drones for a length of time in exchange for increased maintenance costs for those drones.

As for the increased station costs, its to inhibit the ME's expansion, same with the 400 alloy cost colony ship, because with a ME you can expand faster then any other empire.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Okay, so is there a way to assign a certain amount of workers to the nexus jobs? I made the nexus jobs priority, and every single worker went to that job type. Kind of dumb. I could see with assigning a priority maybe 65% get assigned to that task, and the rest split between the other jobs. But is it possible to assign a certain number of workers to a specific task?

Okay, so is there a way to assign a certain amount of workers to the nexus jobs? I made the nexus jobs priority, and every single worker went to that job type. Kind of dumb. I could see with assigning a priority maybe 65% get assigned to that task, and the rest split between the other jobs. But is it possible to assign a certain number of workers to a specific task?

i don’t think so?

Unfortunately not, the best thing to do is let the jobs get filled as drones are assembled. If you really need a specific kind of job filled, that's when you can prioritize.

Another question. I took over the ring world in the sanctuary system, and I built machine assembly plants. However, the species on the ring world sections are growing, but my robot species is not assembling. How do I get my pops to assemble on this ring world? Do I have to purge the species that are living there already?

Another question. I took over the ring world in the sanctuary system, and I built machine assembly plants. However, the species on the ring world sections are growing, but my robot species is not assembling. How do I get my pops to assemble on this ring world? Do I have to purge the species that are living there already?
Have you tried assigning a machine pop to assemble? And organics usually automatically get purged.

Maintenance depots are also very good at raising stability in machine empires . And as far as growing machine pop’s make sure u have a pop in the robot assembly job or machines can’t be built and all organics would normally be purged what civics have u got selected? What type of machine intelligence are you?

Maintenance depots are also very good at raising stability in machine empires . And as far as growing machine pop’s make sure u have a pop in the robot assembly job or machines can’t be built and all organics would normally be purged what civics have u got selected? What type of machine intelligence are you?
I am a regular machine intelligence, so gestalt in principle but not called gestalt. I am not a driven assimilator or any of the other extreme machine types. Conquered pops are enslaved automatically and my only other option is to purge, so that is what I am doing now. It seems to be helping, though two ring world sections had to be recolonized because all the pops were gone. I’m purging by displacement.

• 1Like
Reactions:
when dealing with deviancy make sure you have at least 1 sentinel building on each colony

as for stability build nexus and maintenance buildings such as warrens, along with racial traits to boost amenities and reduce pop housing usage and costs.

also keep an eye on your empire sprawl, build administration buildings to increase capacity as going over it can increase tech costs and research times.

• 1Like
Reactions: