• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Goochman

Private
8 Badges
Mar 31, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
I've been trying to get my B'tech juices running after getting my PC back from the shop and now I can't get the Battletech program running on Steam, I'm following the instructions but, how can I make sure that the SYNCING is going through if nothing happens after hitting the SYNC button?
I have waited a few hours but nothing indicating that something is happening.
So am I missing something?
Please help.
Thanks

Upvote 0
The Backer Beta is over.

We are all waiting on 24APR and the game's release now.

So that means that we can't play the game even if we are pledges?
I have seen ppl posting videos in YouTube with the new additions to the game.
The only ones playing BATTLETECH these days are those who saved their BATTLETECH Steam files to a different folder, or the bare handful who were given Pre-Release Copies so they could Stream/Promote next month's Launch.

ok, thanks for the info. but how is it gonna work with the pledgers and their copies of the game?
Do we have to buy it separated? Do we get a code? Why didn't every pledger get one of those pre release copies to promote the game?

I mean , I can wait for the game. hell I've waited this far lol.
But I've received everything so far , jacket , flag , patches, etc.... why not the pre release copies to promote?

ok, thanks for the info. but how is it gonna work with the pledgers and their copies of the game?
Do we have to buy it separated? Do we get a code? Why didn't every pledger get one of those pre release copies to promote the game?
We will receive BATTLETECH codes VIA our BackerKit accounts (same place we received our Forum codes and can download the Novellas.)

I mean , I can wait for the game. hell I've waited this far lol.
But I've received everything so far , jacket , flag , patches, etc.... why not the pre release copies to promote?
I have spent days looking for Streamers with access to BATTLETECH and have only found four such gamers. The ones at NGNG and HyperRPG have ties to Harebrained Schemes. Igromania helps break into the Russian Market for Big and Stompy Goodness. And Cohh has IIRC more than 900,000 Twitch Followers and regularly gains between 9,000 and 16,000 LIVE viewers when he streams BATTLETECH's Pre-Release Campaign footage.

With more than 50,000 BATTLETECH Backers, it is not the industry norm to release to so many Backers.

But releasing to just a few key influences (like those above) is quite the industry norm, at least as I understand it.

All I know is that April 24th can't get here soon enough! : )

Check your Backerkit for your Steam or GOG code in the days leading up to the 24th - they haven't confirmed, but it may be possible to pre-load the game so that you can play right away at release.

I say again - it is not confirmed as of yet, but I'm hoping!
- Shane

light at the end of the tunnel
Thanks again
Yes, "Light at the end of the tunnel"... and it is the pre-fire glow of a PPC about to be unleashed! : )