Trying to Max XP Score in Career Mode

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Reposter

Private
Oct 19, 2019
Hi guys, need some help understanding Career Mode XP Score Challenge.

Currently I have 6 Mechwarriors that I rotate around since around the Start of my Career. As long as these 6 do not die and if I recruit up to 24 Mechwarriors, I should be able to complete the XP scoring, is that right? As I understand there is no limit to the maximum XP a Mechwarrior can earn, so even if I use only 6 Mechwarriors which could have all 10 For all skills they can keep earning XP to an effectively unlimited amount and contribute to the Career XP Score challenge, am I correct?

Basically, so I figure if I just keep my 6 "Active" Pilots alive until the End of 1200 days (I do not intend to max all their Stats, only Piloting), and get 17 Recruits to use Simulator Pods For At LEAST 600 days, I can get the Score for Mechwarrior XP, yeah?

The experience that MechWarriors earn will always count to the career score XP category, even if it's unspent. As far as getting the max score for the XP category, yes, your plan sounds reasonable as long as none of your best pilots die.

However, if you are playing on Slow or Very Slow difficulty setting for the XP gain, then you'll need to do more contracts than standard. The XP earned by the simulator pods is unaffected by that setting, so all of the new recruit MechWarriors you hire will still only take ~600 days to max before they stop earning XP.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you max all of their stats? Personal handicap?

The experience that MechWarriors earn will always count to the career score XP category, even if it's unspent. As far as getting the max score for the XP category, yes, your plan sounds reasonable as long as none of your best pilots die.

However, if you are playing on Slow or Very Slow difficulty setting for the XP gain, then you'll need to do more contracts than standard. The XP earned by the simulator pods is unaffected by that setting, so all of the new recruit MechWarriors you hire will still only take ~600 days to max before they stop earning XP.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you max all of their stats? Personal handicap?
Well, I am trying to save on Monthly Expenses, maybe I might max them at the end of the 1199 Days.

Well, I am trying to save on Monthly Expenses, maybe I might max them at the end of the 1199 Days.

If that's why you're not maxxing them, then don't increase their stats until the campaign timer is over, because there is one last monthly financial report.

Personally, I think that the benefits from the top tier skills are well worth the few extra thousand C-Bills per month.

Personally, I think that most of the 9/10 skill benefits are worth the extra cost. Having better pilots will help you avoid extra costs in repairs. I would not train any of the rookies if you don't intend to ever use them, as those will just add to the cost.

Remember that c-bill score is based on money earned, not on your ending bank account. You can spend your c-bills freely without it negatively impacting your score. One of the ways to run up the score at the end of a career is to sell everything (making sure not to sell your last copy of each mech), spend all your money buying stuff, then turn around and immediately resell everything. You can keep doing that until you run out of money and it all adds to your score.

• 1Like
Reactions: