• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(23444)

Hardcore Victorian
Dec 14, 2003
As the title indicates, I'm trying to incorporate just the VIP pop modifications into the vanilla Grand Campaign. I've gone through worldnames.csv and made the necessary name changes, copied the VIP pop files into the GC folder and copied the correct filepaths into 1836.eug (i.e., it should be pointing the game in the right direction--I forgot to change "scenarios/gc/pops/[popfile]" to just "scenarios/gc/[popfile]", but I fixed that), but when I try to load up the scenario I get an error message telling me that the excel file "ABU_abudhabi.csv" cannot be found. What am I missing here?

Ah, I figured out the problem--I had tried adding .csv to the filenames before I fixed the filepaths in 1836.eug. I can get it to load now.

Unfortunately, a few months into the game I noticed the Open Negotiations button disappeared (It was there at game start). Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Edit: I reloaded an earlier save and found that the Open Negotiations button disappeared after I declared colonial war on Morocco. The only changes I made to the vanilla morocco.inc were to change their cultures to Cambodian (Maghribi) and San (Berber)... I don't see how this could affect make the negotiations button disappear.

Edit 2: Turns out the Open Negotiations button disappears after declaring any kind of war on anyone. What could I have done wrong?

Last edited:
Alice said:
Edit 2: Turns out the Open Negotiations button disappears after declaring any kind of war on anyone. What could I have done wrong?

You are losing prestige when declaring war. with negative prestige you can't negotiate.

Ges said:
You are losing prestige when declaring war. with negative prestige you can't negotiate.

Thanks, I eventually figured that out. I forgot about that, silly me--I thought it was just greyed out when that happened, instead of disappearing entirely. I accidentally garaunteed the independence of France before I realized it was gone :rolleyes: