• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Am I missing a province? I seem to remember the GG / RK's firing before even Moscow has fallen in previous games. On further thought I do not remember the Rosenberg decision popping up. Does that impact the Bitter Peace in some way?

Last edited:
Occupation policy sometimes fires for me, sometimes not

I triggered it manually in apr 44

Manually liberated the GG (bad decission, 7.5 dissent) when i had all the provinces, could it break the event chain?

Went for Ribentropp plan

Turkey has a core in Golan
Noted before but I dunno if it was in this version or earlier when i told it, Spanish AI sits in Madrid and doesn't defend the coastline

Occupation policy sometimes fires for me, sometimes not

I triggered it manually in apr 44

Manually liberated the GG (bad decission, 7.5 dissent) when i had all the provinces, could it break the event chain?

Went for Ribentropp plan

Turkey has a core in Golan
Noted before but I dunno if it was in this version or earlier when i told it, Spanish AI sits in Madrid and doesn't defend the coastline
U need 3 provinces if i remind correctly. One is Lwow other 2 i dont reminder. But to trigger the occupation policy ALL this required provinces MUST be controlled/occupied by Germany. If for example Romania have occupied Lwow then the event never will fire.

So those 3 provinces need to be have the grey (germany) colour :)

I will have a look for the occupation policy event. It wont be a problem to adjust the "control trigger".
Unfortunately i cant guarantee that the event will trigger always. To be honest the trigger is so generic I'm surprised by the number of reports.

Sorry for the late answer.

Hey Rommel, is there any chance to give Slovakia to Hungary?

Any news about the update?

Hey Rommel, is there any chance to give Slovakia to Hungary?
You can annex Slovakia with Hungary when u are playing Hungary. Only human Hungary can ask for the provinces.
Any news about the update?
Studti and I; we are sitting on our TRP discord right now to work on TRP. So i cant give u any date but i can guarantee that there is progress.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well I was asking more about the content /changes than the date

Well I was asking more about the content /changes than the date
There are some content changes. So here are some "spotlights" only:
- new manpower system
- new air doctrine layout + new tech components and tech teams.
- many new events and decisions: GER Nibelungenwerke, Peenemünde, Tiger-Abteilungen, Nebelwerfer-units; SOV Anthem, AK-47; ENG shipping of grapefruit from America, armored brigades; JAP World record flight to Europe; AST Oil sand factories; ect ect.
- New units: GER 1. Skijäger-Division [elite], ITA Granatieri di Sardegna InfDiv [elite], ROM Guards Inf Div [elite], JAP und USA square divisions.
- new tech teams, ministers, leaders.
- new pictures, icons, colored pics, ect ect.
- and a lot of stuff i have missed.

• 5Like
Reactions:
- new manpower system

Can I hear a short summary of your plan regarding this point? Are you going to keep everyday MP growth from HOI 2 with new changes, or did you decide to give up this idea?

The system should work in combination with daily growth and decision based mobilization.
Basing on events, sliders and trigger conditions you can activate different decisions with different effects.

At the moment there are 10 different decisions (professional army I, II and III, standing army 1year conscription, 2year conscription, 3year conscription, general mobilization, cannibalizing rear line services, Total War, Volkssturm/Militia).
We have researched the different nations. E.g. Germany will start with 1year conscription, USA with professional army I and France with 2year conscription.
The "mob position" will have influence on the daily manpower growth. And decision will mobilize some manpower for new divisions but there are always drawbacks for each mob position (money, dissent, IC reduction, ect ect).

With the new system players can decided the time point and level of mobilization depending on the trigger conditions.
Any nation will be able to get manpower by daily growth and mob decisions. The system is generic so any new released state has access to the decisions and mechanics (e.g. a released puppet state wont need seperated manpower events, they can use the mob system like any other nation).

At the end it will be a system for us to balance the game, reduce number of units on the field and get a general working tool for any nation for manpower growth and manpower mobilization.

Reactions:
Thanks panzergenerals, I thought that might be the problem. I am assuming that is also the reason that the Bitter Peace has not triggered. I do like the RK option because it gives me different paths to explore. Now to keep Hungary out of the way.... long live TRP!

I maybe found a bug : after the Bitter peace I am unable to create RK Moskowien (no problem with the others) apparently because I own Karelia. Finland was beaten and at peace when BP triggered but got Eastern Karelia nonetheless...but Karelia is in my hands, and since we are not allies I cannot give them back. RK Moskowien is perhaps the less juicy of all (not so ressources as the others) but the dissent is immobilizing a dozen of divisions who should have bussiness to do elsewhere.

Hi,
Its great mod, not only for DH, but general for the HoI series, and I know its JUST a game (and old) and this is mod created by two people (latest versions), but I have a few thoughts:

the new manpower system sounds nice, HoI games has a problem with ahistorical spam of units and for this reason perhaps with population losses. The reduction of this should be good. Hence reading to me that someone in the start of barbarossa has 0 human strength in the pool is also anti-realistic project, it sounds like "uber-volkssturm doctrine" in 1941.

Is it possible and is it good to... block modernization for most troops? PZ IV F1 could modernize to PZ IV F2 but can not in Panther. Could the bf109d upgrade to the bf 109e? But well... Its make a total new gameplay i think (no spamming of production asap).

Maybe that event exist, but Germany had Panzerfaust, so can the militia and the light infranty get an event in which they get for example +1 hard attack?

It is possible , by just removing line in tech tree that makes previous stuff obsolete, although I am unsure, game might just try to upgrade them regardless to next lvl even if you can produce them, so to circumvent that you would need to make model gaps model_3 model_5 (as far as I recall upgrades went 1->2->3... and not 1->3) which all in all would be a lot of work to change and rearrange, specially if it would effect every nation.

AFAIK you upgrade the division, not the tank itself. HOI 2/DH, however, cannot feed in gradually the new tanks. Only when 100% are replaced the division stats will change.

I maybe found a bug : after the Bitter peace I am unable to create RK Moskowien (no problem with the others) apparently because I own Karelia. Finland was beaten and at peace when BP triggered but got Eastern Karelia nonetheless...but Karelia is in my hands, and since we are not allies I cannot give them back. RK Moskowien is perhaps the less juicy of all (not so ressources as the others) but the dissent is immobilizing a dozen of divisions who should have bussiness to do elsewhere.

I will have a look. Thx.

Hi,
Its great mod, not only for DH, but general for the HoI series, and I know its JUST a game (and old) and this is mod created by two people (latest versions), but I have a few thoughts:

the new manpower system sounds nice, HoI games has a problem with ahistorical spam of units and for this reason perhaps with population losses. The reduction of this should be good. Hence reading to me that someone in the start of barbarossa has 0 human strength in the pool is also anti-realistic project, it sounds like "uber-volkssturm doctrine" in 1941.

Is it possible and is it good to... block modernization for most troops? PZ IV F1 could modernize to PZ IV F2 but can not in Panther. Could the bf109d upgrade to the bf 109e? But well... Its make a total new gameplay i think (no spamming of production asap).

Maybe that event exist, but Germany had Panzerfaust, so can the militia and the light infranty get an event in which they get for example +1 hard attack?
AFAIK you upgrade the division, not the tank itself. HOI 2/DH, however, cannot feed in gradually the new tanks. Only when 100% are replaced the division stats will change.
Like Blecky said; U are not upgrading equipment, you are changing the division (TOE/KstN).
At the end it is a bit wired. With the techs there is the suggestion that u are changing the weapons but for us the division progress is a general progress and not linked to a specific weapon system. At the end it should bring benefits to invest into modernization instate of keep the old stuff in combat. It is one of the balance tools for manpower, combat performance and combat value.
Furthermore we wont change the division structure (e.g. model gaps) because the AI will always upgrade and build modern models. That is one of the reasons for our battleship modernization layout. AI will upgrade old ships when possible but they wont build the old stuff.

For the Panzerfaust; With the next version there are some events/decisions for special weapons (e.g. events for german Nebelwerfer and Tiger units, british "cruiser and infantry tank doctrine", Soviet AK 47 or soviet rocket launcher units, ect ect) but there is no special event for the PzFaust.
Sure. PzFaust was an impressive weapon development with a large impact on late war tank combat so an event would make sense but my problem is the "stats adjustment aspect" here. There are more idea for those elements (like radio guided explosives aka Goliath) but for the moment nothing is implemented. Keep in mind that we have our own combat values and stats. Event a +1 hard attack would have consequences we need to check aspecialy when there is no "counter weight" for the other nations (a "german PzFaust unit" will always have +1 - there would be no chance to any other nation to get the +1 too. At the end many "micro stats adjustments" could cause problems with the TRP combat system). With the next version i will implement a kind of "test ballon" at the new air force tech tree for such an implementation ;)

Rommel, TRP.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: