• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I've been playing as the British Raj (I'm weird I know), and I've noticed a couple of odd things. Don't know if they've already been reported, but might as well.

Firstly, the AI has parked a huge stack of over 60 divisions in Hong Kong!
HongKongStack.png

About 40 of those divisions are British. Perhaps the AI positioned them all there out of fear of an attack by China-Nanjing, however they're all there for nothing since the border between Lufeng and Hong Kong is impassable. And that's way more divisions than you'd ever need to stop a Japanese amphibious attack.

Is there a way to stop the AI from doing this? I wonder if the amount of divisions occupied here is what's stopping England from making any naval invasions of mainland Europe.

Second thing: British Raj manpower. Reading through the event files, it seems that getting their volunteers requires Japan having a certain amount of divisions that aren't HQs or Garrisons. 150 for 1943, 180 for 1944, and 210 for 1945. Problem is that in my experience Japan rarely reaches the 150 divisions required for 1943 volunteers and never reaches the higher thresholds for later years, meaning the Raj has a severe shortage of manpower.

Beyond that, IMO basing the volunteer events on Japan's division counts is also questionable design because it rather counterintuitively penalizes the player for successfully destroying Japanese divisions in full (which often happens in this island warfare, especially if you try to retake Indonesia); if you don't allow Japan to build up their army unchecked you miss out on a lot of manpower.

Thx for the report.

For the AI; i'm afraid that we wont be able to tweak the AI for the garrison stacking. We cant order the AI to ignore the front at all. So at the end we will talk about it.

For the indian mp:
The event structure is a counter event system for MP games to stop japanese infantry spam.
During the war India had a "small" army compared with indian manpower potential. But for MP games those situation get a problem in the long run because allies were always limited by manpower (ENG and USA as core nations for the counter offensive to help the red army in mp games). So the event should help the Allies to get some punch to stop Japan and Germany in the long run.
That was the reason for structure.
But the important point is our manpower rework because with the rework all those events will be done. So we wont fix it for the moment.

Thx for the report.

For the AI; i'm afraid that we wont be able to tweak the AI for the garrison stacking. We cant order the AI to ignore the front at all. So at the end we will talk about it.

For the indian mp:
The event structure is a counter event system for MP games to stop japanese infantry spam.
During the war India had a "small" army compared with indian manpower potential. But for MP games those situation get a problem in the long run because allies were always limited by manpower (ENG and USA as core nations for the counter offensive to help the red army in mp games). So the event should help the Allies to get some punch to stop Japan and Germany in the long run.
That was the reason for structure.
But the important point is our manpower rework because with the rework all those events will be done. So we wont fix it for the moment.
Shame about the Hong Kong stack. Can't be helped I guess. I wonder how viable it would be to make the land connection passable again, meaning Japan/China-Nanjing just take it as soon as Japan attacks the Allies.

Thank you for the explanation about India's manpower, didn't realize it was a measure for multiplayer. That said by August 1945 the Indian army historically had over two million men, which cannot be achieved in-game (you're lucky to reach 1 million) without the volunteer events firing.

I've seen this 'manpower rework' mentioned a few times. How is the new system going to work?

Last edited:
I tried this mod a bit and I liked what I saw so far. The World News are quite educational, and the reworked units + number/capacity of commanders + tech tree is really interesting. The only thing I am not a big fan of is the complete absence of decisions for most peoples, as well as the absolutely pathetic IC minors have. Makes the game feel a bit more deterministic. I think I would prefer it if it had some of the decisions from Kaiserreich about investing excess money or long-term industry developments.

I tried this mod a bit and I liked what I saw so far. The World News are quite educational, and the reworked units + number/capacity of commanders + tech tree is really interesting. The only thing I am not a big fan of is the complete absence of decisions for most peoples, as well as the absolutely pathetic IC minors have. Makes the game feel a bit more deterministic. I think I would prefer it if it had some of the decisions from Kaiserreich about investing excess money or long-term industry developments.
Thx.
We will try to bring more decisions in the future. The new version will bring some new story decisions (V-Waffen program, Nibelungenwerke, british arms industry, ectpp.).
I hope we will be able to bring more content.
For the small nations and decisions; plz keep in mind that we are 2 persons. So we will add stuff when we will find content. We cant know the history for all nations so any content idea is welcome. We wont guarantee to implement any idea but i will guarantee taht we will talk about any solide content suggestions. Thx.

That's all fine, and it is a matter of focus. If you want to keep the mod as close to real history as possible, you don't have to add custo tailored events and decisions and ministers to every nation. What I was suggesting were generic events and decisions that help with development for minor powers and allow for a little more of a sandbox play. If that doesn't sound like your vision, you don't have to comform to it at all.

Plz look at the 1st page.
Try the 2nd mirror and try another browser. Basing on the old reports the error is the result of different browsers (dont know why).
You can use the hesh-number to check the download. All information are part of the 1st post.
Thx.

Reactions:
This mod is my favourite sandbox experience for ww2. Shame it lost some traction recently (since the release of the giant that is hoi4, all of them did...). Having loads of fun so far. I find it a bit too easy to sink the British merchant fleet. I have about 200 uboats and due to the AI when I put them in packs of 12, I sank about 2500 cargo ships in 2 years (roughly 66% of British capacity) by next year they will be out of the war according to my intelligence reports (they have an estimated 1700 ships left). I built around 36 subs in 1939, 70 in 1940, will build around 50 in 1941 (diverted IC to flash build 40 inf divisions and 6 arm and 6 mech divisions) and my plan is to build around 150 in 1942 (need more to kick US capacity down). I lost 2 subs so far... I keep on top of the doctrines for submarines so they are always up to date but still, the attrition seems rather low. I have been getting a bit more damage to my subs on convoy raids as of late but at the same time I destroyed over 50 British DDs a battleship, 2 CVEs, a CV and like 8 CL and 3 CAs.

Reactions:
This mod is my favourite sandbox experience for ww2. Shame it lost some traction recently (since the release of the giant that is hoi4, all of them did...). Having loads of fun so far. I find it a bit too easy to sink the British merchant fleet. I have about 200 uboats and due to the AI when I put them in packs of 12, I sank about 2500 cargo ships in 2 years (roughly 66% of British capacity) by next year they will be out of the war according to my intelligence reports (they have an estimated 1700 ships left). I built around 36 subs in 1939, 70 in 1940, will build around 50 in 1941 (diverted IC to flash build 40 inf divisions and 6 arm and 6 mech divisions) and my plan is to build around 150 in 1942 (need more to kick US capacity down). I lost 2 subs so far... I keep on top of the doctrines for submarines so they are always up to date but still, the attrition seems rather low. I have been getting a bit more damage to my subs on convoy raids as of late but at the same time I destroyed over 50 British DDs a battleship, 2 CVEs, a CV and like 8 CL and 3 CAs.
Old story. Unfortunately we have no access to the naval ai files. The AI isnt able to form any solid subhunter fleets. So in MP games we had some heavy uboat battles with large player subhunter killer fleets. Those battles were marked by high attrition rates. So at the moment there is no way to bring those heavy combat experience into the single player. We would be happy about some DH adjustment here but i think it wont happen :-/ Sorry.

There is a japanese capitulation event. So i would need the save the look into Japan.

For JAP to surrender there are a couple of conditions.
JAP has to lose 70% of all its VPs OR JAP has to lose 70% national territory OR JAP has to be nuked 4 times. ll of those triggers are connected with some key provinces take by the enemy. So at the moment i think those provinces are the problem because the USA have to conquer most of the pacific island to get in range of the final trigger settings. To be honest i think we could put it on our rework list.

Last edited: