• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And how to create SS divisions?
Decisions? Decisions! I think there are popup messages when new decisions are available (I dont notice those information because i know most of the TRP decisions :eek:).

Rommel, here is my save for the Third Reich. How do I land in the UK?

only in decisions?
Yes. Any "elite" division (or special division like GD-Division, PzLehrDivision, ectpp) are part of the decisions or they are part of the start OOB.
Rommel, [...]. How do I land in the UK?
Well. Same story, not sure what you are expecting. I never land in UK in 1940 because i want to play a game ^^ So for my personal entertainment i'm ignoring UK.
But when u are planing to land in the UK you should be prepared. Your save doesent look like a planed sealion buildup.
You can try it with your staff but it will be risky because of your weak navy and air force.

For the UK invasion in general;
There are plenty of ways to land in the UK.
Uboats could try to hunt down the royal navy, large airborne forces could try air landings. Multiple landings should prevent the AI to send in reinforcements. CAS are ideal to fight down ships at the channel. Or you are working on german carriers. You can have 6 or 12 carriers in 1940 against the UK.
So plan your buildup basing on your invasion plans. I cant give u any "general strategy" here. Play the game and learn. That is the best trick i think.

Yes. Any "elite" division (or special division like GD-Division, PzLehrDivision, ectpp) are part of the decisions or they are part of the start OOB.

Well. Same story, not sure what you are expecting. I never land in UK in 1940 because i want to play a game ^^ So for my personal entertainment i'm ignoring UK.
But when u are planing to land in the UK you should be prepared. Your save doesent look like a planed sealion buildup.
You can try it with your staff but it will be risky because of your weak navy and air force.

For the UK invasion in general;
There are plenty of ways to land in the UK.
Uboats could try to hunt down the royal navy, large airborne forces could try air landings. Multiple landings should prevent the AI to send in reinforcements. CAS are ideal to fight down ships at the channel. Or you are working on german carriers. You can have 6 or 12 carriers in 1940 against the UK.
So plan your buildup basing on your invasion plans. I cant give u any "general strategy" here. Play the game and learn. That is the best trick i think.
What do you say about my save? Is it well played? In this fashion, it is difficult to land in Britain by ship or airborne force, because Britain has many diaizies on the island (you need to drive out of Africa, and then think)

How to defeat the USSR, if I have 177 divisions, and he has 450. In aviation, he is slightly superior in numbers, but the problem is that the USSR has many divisions on the border, which is difficult for me because of the small number of troops and unhistorical?

I dont know your Barbarossa numbers but here are my numbers basing on my last fun game:
Germany with 668 IC (435 base). I had 171 Infantry divisions, 28 motorized divisions, 6 mechanized divisions, 4 elite panzer divisions, 35 panzer divisions, 16 mountain divisions, 11 HQ and 11 garrisons. I had 10 long range, 17 multi role fighters. 21 interceptors, 15 tactical bombers and 6 CAS. My navy had 4 BBs, 6 CL, 5 CA, 31 DDs (most of them DLs) and 41 subs.
So u see i had be focused on the ground assault. So basing on your numbers i would say u have a solide army but there is potential for more armes.
Like i said; TRP is building strategy. There is always a way to enforce the buildup ;)

Last edited:
I dont know your Barbarossa numbers but here are my numbers basing on my last fun game:
Germany with 668 IC (435 base). I had 171 Infantry divisions, 28 motorized divisions, 6 mechanized divisions, 4 elite panzer divisions, 35 panzer divisions, 16 mountain divisions, 11 HQ and 11 garrisons. I had 10 long range, 17 multi role fighters. 21 interceptors, 15 tactical bombers and 6 CAS. My navy had 4 BBs, 6 CL, 5 CA, 31 DDs (most of them DLs) and 41 subs.
So u see i had be focused on the ground assault. So basing on your numbers i would say u have a slide army but there is potential for more armes.
Like i said; TRP is building strategy. There is always a way to enforce the buildup ;)
What do you think about my save game?

What do you think about my save game?
It is a decent buildup with potential.
You have to enforce your buildup plan. When u are interested in a war with the USSR u should try to build a bigger land army with more strike potential. So i would try to get more IC. Furthermore i would restructure your buildup. Long serial runs for tanks (1939 6 tank divs in long serial runs) and infantry (1938 - end of austria; 1939 inf models). You have my numbers so u can try to get to those numbers.

It is a decent buildup with potential.
You have to enforce your buildup plan. When u are interested in a war with the USSR u should try to build a bigger land army with more strike potential. So i would try to get more IC. Furthermore i would restructure your buildup. Long serial runs for tanks (1939 6 tank divs in long serial runs) and infantry (1938 - end of austria; 1939 inf models). You have my numbers so u can try to get to those numbers.
Thank you and good luck!

Hi there
I wish to try TRP for the first time and I'll play with German
I have red in this thread a lot of useful hints for a German gameplay and I need some further informations for the start

- My first game will be Normal/Normal..but anyone could share at what difficult is playing it?
- An early occupation of Rhinealnd, ignoring the advice, would bring any advantage for Germany or is better follow the scheduled date?
- What's the point for Batthesip Modernization event for Germany?..In a first try I triggered the event but nothing happened to mine BB..It said always upgrade no possible
- my plan was to clear almost all the initial boats production and follow the tips I have found here to build only IC. But what about the dissent? I have rid of it before starting with IC or any events will clear it a bit?
- what do you think about delete at the start a lot of existing boats and sub to save resources and manpower?
-what are the political choices for the first years considering what is got by event etc?...Central planning is solid choice for TRP mechanics?
- My production will be focused on ground units and then aircrafts and navy...But anyone as tried a more balanced forces from the beginning and works?
-Until a significant air force, spamming AA it's a must or they do nothing to allied aircraft?
. In many post you wrote about Anschluss and Infantry 39 starting production.; do you meant Germany get the technology blueprint or is adviseable a research beeline to get it?
- In case of free blueprint are there any of them that are worth to wait for the event that trigger it?
- Any more useful tips?

I'm really sorry for my awful english
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Hi there
I wish to try TRP for the first time and I'll play with German
I have red in this thread a lot of useful hints for a German gameplay and I need some further informations for the start

- My first game will be Normal/Normal..but anyone could share at what difficult is playing it?
The difficulty setting will adjust AI IC, resource income, research speed ect ect.
You can use the "normal" setting without any problems.

- An early occupation of Rhinealnd, ignoring the advice, would bring any advantage for Germany or is better follow the scheduled date?
The occupation of the Rheinland will trigger bonus events for the AI. So you can move in at the start but dont be surprised by a more modernized french army in result ;)

- What's the point for Batthesip Modernization event for Germany?..In a first try I triggered the event but nothing happened to mine BB..It said always upgrade no possible
Any nations with the 1914/1918 BB tech can use the decision. Germany dont have any BB to modernize but it could buy or build such a BB because of the tech unlock.

- my plan was to clear almost all the initial boats production and follow the tips I have found here to build only IC. But what about the dissent? I have rid of it before starting with IC or any events will clear it a bit?
Depending on your planed campaign. For a single player fun game i dont delete the german ship buildup. In 1936 i'm trying to reduce the dissent to 4% left as fast as possible. The 4% will be neutralized by events like the Olympic games and the trade deal with Austria. Between 1936 and 1938 i'm building as much IC as possible to start with the army production after the end of Austria.

- what do you think about delete at the start a lot of existing boats and sub to save resources and manpower?
Same story; Depending on your planed campaign. I keep my fleet because the amount of saved supplies is very small and not that important for a single player game. In MP games the situation is different.

-what are the political choices for the first years considering what is got by event etc?...Central planning is solid choice for TRP mechanics?
For germany; Central planning. Anything that will boost your IC or buildup it the element here.

- My production will be focused on ground units and then aircrafts and navy...But anyone as tried a more balanced forces from the beginning and works?
Not sure what u have in mind here?

-Until a significant air force, spamming AA it's a must or they do nothing to allied aircraft?
Provinzial AA is very nice. I wouldnt buildup all provinces with max AA but it could be handy to defend key provinces with max AA like the Ruhrgebiet, Berlin or other IC centers in the west. Eastern IC centers like the Schlesisches Industrierevier (Breslau region) or East Prussia are save against the early game strategic bombers.

- In many post you wrote about Anschluss and Infantry 39 starting production.; do you meant Germany get the technology blueprint or is adviseable a research beeline to get it?
I'm trying to research the 1939 inf division as early as possible. I want to build large infantry stacks before i switch my production form infantry to tanks in early 1939. So i want to build as much modern infantry as possible. The 1939 tech is the icing on the cake here - and with some planing no problem. A modern 1939 infantry army will save manpower and time in France in 1940 ;)

- In case of free blueprint are there any of them that are worth to wait for the event that trigger it?
Plan your game. When u need the tech u should research it.
E.g. the spanish civil war techs are handy but not a big problem.

- Any more useful tips?
Play TRP and learn ;) I could give u a detailed buildup plan but that is not funny. Play the mod and learn to beat the AI. That is the best tip at all.

I'm really sorry for my awful english
Thank you in advance
Sorry for the late answer. Busy week. Have fun with TRP.

Thank you so much Lord Rommel. dont worry for the late answer... I have spent the time with a Japan game and I got a great fun with your mod..it's great. Maybe some more events for Japan? Anyway you did a great job

Thank you so much Lord Rommel. dont worry for the late answer... I have spent the time with a Japan game and I got a great fun with your mod..it's great. Maybe some more events for Japan? Anyway you did a great job
I would like to add more japanese content but i dont have more information for more events :-/

Play TRP and learn ;) I could give u a detailed buildup plan but that is not funny. Play the mod and learn to beat the AI. That is the best tip at all.

Sorry for the late answer. Busy week. Have fun with TRP.
I agree:) I only wondering wht's the right time to start the Infantry 39 research considering the malus for researching before the scheduled year..Could you share your idea?

more information for more events

Just flip pages (1936, 1937, 38 and etc) and integrate desc for desired events

Also you can check WIF and Edge of Darkness. Dozens of good quality events for Japan (No alt history and no overpowered effect)

PS
For unkown reason, South Korea has a flag of Japanese general-government