• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Deristago

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 14, 2018
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Hi all,

I have been playing this game for a few years now and have come across an issue that I cannot figure out. During the game I will build a fortress in a province just like any other building. An invading army come in and takes over the province without any siege whatsoever. I am also able to run all over the map, taking territory left and right without sieges. How can I fix it so that forts actually are garrisoned?

Something is definitely broken in your game. I've never seen that happen. With a large enough army, however, you can usually take a province by assault in a couple of days, and some low-tech forts with low morale will fall to high-tech assaults in a single day. Once a fort is completed, the garrison should build up by around 100 per month, so unless the fort was just finished a few days before, it should be at least minimally defended.