• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also find it interesting that Thrace is neutral. I'm presuming the National Assembly has not much to say on this whole "Civil War" business?

I also find it interesting that Thrace is neutral. I'm presuming the National Assembly has not much to say on this whole "Civil War" business?
Heh. The Internal Government can't really operate without the Emperor's say so, so they're extremely hesitant to pick a side, since if it should lose then the Internal Government would risk getting disbanded.

"Civil war? Well, go on then, as long as it doesn't disrupt the mail."

Gábor does at least make the baggage trains run on time...

----

Oh, and what do you guys want as the next battalion that gets a narrative blurb? It can be from any province within the Empire and any number between 1 and 15. So, the 14th of Polotsk for example, or the 2nd of Zion (formerly Judea), hell it could be the 7th of Kutch.

Here are the ones that have already been featured in some capacity:
1st of Banat 'The Battered Bastards of Banat'
3rd of Krakow
4th of Larissa
6th of Carpathia 'The Dozers'
6th of Larissa
9th of Burgas 'The Wild Bulgars'
12th Hussars (of Bulgaria)

Whichever has the most votes wins :p

Either the 2nd Athenian, or the 1st Smyrna...depending on which side of the civil war you want!

I think it should be an Indian regiment. the 7th of Kutch is okay for example. the Greeks already have 2 but there are none from Asia. I think you should show that the Asians are just as fierce and just as Transylvanian as those hailing from the European portion.

The 13th of Wallachia. (Nationalism speaking for me)
Or maybe you should pick a mercenary regiment ... it would be interesting, and the mercenary regiments have cool names like " *Captain's name* 1st mercenary" or someting like that.

The Tenth of Tbilisi, maybe? I think you should at least mention a Georgian regiment, to show that they're not idle in the war.

1st of SPARTA.

Or whatever province it is that has the city of Sparta in it's area. ;)

I will say that WalahLegionaire has a potentially interesting idea in using a mercenary unit. The narrative could be great seeing the opinion of these mercenaries outside the empire. Yet, it might not work due to the fact you may not use mercenaries (though it could be easily written in ;)) and because the empire is so big, you have plenty of interesting units.

If not mercenary, I also put my vote for an Asian influenced unit. Not Tatar, but possibly Indian or even Persian.

this might be a stupid idea ... Transylvania still holds some provinces in Mexico, right ? A story about a regiment of natives seting foot for the first time in Europe and fighting for the Bastard. But I think it's rather unplausible ...

this might be a stupid idea ... Transylvania still holds some provinces in Mexico, right ? A story about a regiment of natives seting foot for the first time in Europe and fighting for the Bastard. But I think it's rather unplausible ...

I like this idea for the future, but I think that the conquests were made too recently to be realistic at this point.

The 13th of Wallachia. (Nationalism speaking for me)
Or maybe you should pick a mercenary regiment ... it would be interesting, and the mercenary regiments have cool names like " *Captain's name* 1st mercenary" or someting like that.

Captain Alatriste's Spanish Mercenaries? :D

It's a good idea for the future, and there may or not be plans for that already ;)

---

So far it looks like this:

Regiment ---------- Votes
2nd Athenian - 1
1st of Smyrna - 1
7th of Kutch - 1
1st of Banat (again) - 1
13th of Wallachia - 1
9th of Novgorod - 1
1st of Sparta - 1
10th of Tbilisi - 1
Mexican Regiment - 1
1st of Fars - 2
Mercenary Regiment - 2
Asian Regiment - 2

Last edited:
I through my vote to the Asian regiment as I think it has more chance then the 7th of Kutch, unless you already counted my vote as for an asian regiment.