• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, I must be mistaken :), after all gunpowder was just starting to kick off in the 16th century. (also Napolian invented the word marshell)

ORLY?

Mind, I think the Napoleonic art and battle descriptions are really anachronistic in an age where pike squares are still a going concern, but you work with what you've got.

Wish I could help with the modding aspect, sorry. All I can advise is to make many back ups!

And I'd be disappointed if Transylvania didn't enact Settlement policies on at least the entire Balkans/West Slavic groups :p

Oh aye, backups galore!

And it does ;)

New cultures require changes to two files: common/cultures, and any localization file. Don't be afraid of "screwing up" - cultures not on the map do not impact the game at all.

Your bigger problem would be editing the savefile or writing the events.

Righto, I'll fiddle around and see what I can do. Savefile editing isn't too hard, and events are relatively straightforward (I've done a few already for this game)

Yes, I must be mistaken :), after all gunpowder was just starting to kick off in the 16th century. (also Napolian invented the word marshell)

:p

ORLY?

Mind, I think the Napoleonic art and battle descriptions are really anachronistic in an age where pike squares are still a going concern, but you work with what you've got.

I know :(
I found it extremely hard to find pictures/paintings of that era though for some reason, and idk, it just sort of felt right to me to be writing with a Napoleonic twist on battles (Transylvania is after all hyper military technology advanced, even if that comes at a price of lagging way behind in other technology).

I'll try and tone it down a bit though.

I figure you're about on track for the Battle of Blenheim in terms of tech levels. I figure anything from the English Civil War through the Seven Years' War is probably fair game, though if your regiments march in uniform, the English Civil War is borderline (Cromwell's "russet-coated captains" comment being a novelty at the time).

I found it extremely hard to find pictures/paintings of that era though for some reason, and idk, it just sort of felt right to me to be writing with a Napoleonic twist on battles (Transylvania is after all hyper military technology advanced, even if that comes at a price of lagging way behind in other technology).

I'll try and tone it down a bit though.

I know there's like a huge blank in between Medival and Napolian that nobody cares about :( I mean how many games do you see about the 30 Years War, War of Spanish Sucsession, etc. :p)

Napolian?
The word is Napoleonic? :confused:

As to modding, you could just replace Hungarian culture with Transylvanian.
Or Bulgarian with Transylvanian, if you rename 'south Slavic' Dacian...

I figure you're about on track for the Battle of Blenheim in terms of tech levels. I figure anything from the English Civil War through the Seven Years' War is probably fair game, though if your regiments march in uniform, the English Civil War is borderline (Cromwell's "russet-coated captains" comment being a novelty at the time).

Thank you :)

I think I'll spend today going back and fixing some of the historical inaccuracies.

edit: Finished :)
I left the picture of Lt. Colonel Dinófs' death though, as it was just too perfect to remove simply for anachronism.

I know there's like a huge blank in between Medival and Napolian that nobody cares about :( I mean how many games do you see about the 30 Years War, War of Spanish Sucsession, etc. :p)
Exactly!

Napolian?
The word is Napoleonic? :confused:

As to modding, you could just replace Hungarian culture with Transylvanian.
Or Bulgarian with Transylvanian, if you rename 'south Slavic' Dacian...

It'd be better for roleplaying purposes to just create a whole new culture, and then maybe give it an accelerated assimilation rate on South Slavic (or just Hungarian) cultures.

Only problem is that I'm actually in the 1750s in game :x (Photoshop!)

Last edited:
I love you.

*subbed*

Finished this, make a Translyvanian Greater America! :D

:D

I shall try to make...something, out of the New World.

---

And look what I found :D :
Fxug7.png

Shame on you, Kapt, for not spending all your time playing Vicky 2 like everyone else! :D

My computer would asplode :(

Austria had suffered a mighty blow as a result of the war with Transylvania and the Treaty of Vienna, but Transylvania had problems of its own. The rapid expansion of the Empire’s lands, both in Europe and the East, had reached such a point that the state could no longer handle all of its lands and peoples competently. There was religious, cultural, and political disunity all across the Empire, and this coupled with the people’s exhaustion and opposition to Transylvania’s warlike nature meant that rebellion was fast becoming another unavoidable part of Transylvanian overlordship.

bTFri.png

The Disunity of Transylvania after the Treaty of Vienna

---------------​

August 18th, 1598

Kyros Zaglanikis watched the construction of a new caravel from the terrace of his home in Volos. The workers labored under the unusually hot Greek sun, and Kyros gave thanks once again that he had not born to such a life while he sipped from a glass of chilled port.

“Have you given thought to my request, master Zaglanikis?” The man who spoke was young, and had a mat of greasy black hair that clung to his scalp. Kyros turned his eyes away from the ship’s construction to the young man.

“The amount of money you wish from me is far too much for gambling debts, I would think, Niklos.”

“They are for gambling debts, and for a marriage.”

“A marriage! For the amount you ask you better be marrying a Plater.”

“The marriage is to a beautiful woman, and I wish it to be spectacular.” It was a lie of course, both of them knew it, but Niklos did not wish to tell this wealthy merchant what the true purpose of the money was for.

The silence stretched between them and they both turned back to looking at the ship being constructed in the harbor. Finally, Kyros decided to break the awkward silence by pointing towards the skeleton hull of the caravel.

“It is good that the Emperor has decided we need more ships. There have been too many pirates preying on our coasts as of late.”

“There were never pirates while Greece held rule over her own seas.” Niklos regretted saying the words almost as soon as they came out of his lips, as they betrayed his true intent to Kyros. He simply hoped that the man was not smart enough to discern such a thing, but he was wrong.

“I see. This woman you are to marry, what is her name?” The look on Kyros' face was enough to show Niklos that the wealthy merchant now knew exactly what his plans for the money were.

Niklos was a gambler, but not nearly as much as he had wanted the wealthy merchant to believe, but he knew that the chips were down, and it was all or nothing at this point. If Kyros was opposed to the idea he would need to flee, perhaps even take another name if he wished to still live in Greece.

Hellas.”

“Hellas,” Kyros said the name slowly, drawing out the syllables uncomfortably, “Hellas. Very well, I will loan you the money you have requested of me.”

QYoz2.png

Niklos Kolokotronis

----------​

It was a healthy sum of money, in gold and silver, and Niklos Kolokotronis used it wisely. As Transylvania’s armies were still recovering from the war with Austria, he began laying the framework for his rebellion, spreading the word that Transylvania was unfit to rule over Greece, that the Greek people should be the master’s of their own destiny. Was it not these same brave Greek peoples who spat in the face of mighty Persia, and gave birth to modern civilization? What right did Transylvania have to fly its flag above Athens, Sparta, or Larissa? They were Greek cities, and not a single stone among them was laid by a Transylvanian hand.

At first it had been a quiet rebellion, spoken in hushed whispers in taverns and back alleys, but it quickly grew and spread like wildfire across all of mainland Greece. The Greek people’s shame and dishonor over their conquest by first the Turks, and then the Transylvanians, coupled with the forced abandonment of the old Orthodox faith was transformed into a simmering rage. Emperor Ákos finally realized the severity of the situation as Greek soldiers in armies all across the Empire started to desert in droves, making their way back to Greece, and to Niklos’ rapidly growing army; an entire regiment – the 2nd of Larissa deserted, complete with all their armaments and supplies. The situation was reaching flash point, and Ákos knew he must act, but Ákos was not a harsh Emperor, at least not to the people who lived within the Empire, and so he proposed a meeting between himself and Niklos, to discuss grievances and try and find a diplomatic solution. Niklos’ close compatriots warned him that it may very well be a trap, but he went nonetheless, if only to deliver his demands to the Emperor.

----------​

The two men met in the city of Adrianople in the border region between Greece and Bulgaria, accompanied by their retinues. Ákos came dressed simply, and one who did know what he looked like might have mistaken him for a humble servant; exempt were the extravagant clothing of a monarch, and the jewels of an Emperor. In truth both dressed plainly; they were not there to overawe their opposition, merely to settle the dispute. Everyone was finally seated at a long table in Adrianople’s palace, which had been used by the Ottomans before their forceful ‘eviction’ by Transylvania’s armies more than a century ago. Ákos merely waited, sitting comfortably until Niklos broke the silence.

“The Greek people deserve to be led by their own people, under their own flag, and fight for their own interests – not for the interests of a Transylvanian monarch who sits in Koloszvár.”

“Deserve?” Ákos laughed at the word, “To be completely blunt, the Greek people deserve nothing of what you’ve said, but I am willing to make some concessions in the name of peace.”

The tension in the room was thick, and nearly everyone could feel it, down to the humble guards who stood watching from the corners. One wrong step in the talks could lead to bloodshed, as both Ákos and Niklos knew.

“I am willing to allow the Greek people to be led by their own people, Niklos. The local administrators and magistrates will be Greek, but it is completely unacceptable to me that you would even dare to propose independence from the Empire. Transylvania has not treated the Greeks ill in all-“

“You destroyed our churches and marched our men off to fight against your enemies.”

“They are as much your enemies as they are mine. Greece is not an independent state. It is part of the Empire, and where the Empire fights the Greek people do as well,” One of Ákos advisors leaned passed him a piece of parchment which he signed, “And don’t interrupt me again.”

Anger flashed across Niklos’ face as the words came tumbling out of the Emperor’s mouth, and he spat back his response, “No. Here are my terms:
Greece will be released as an independent state
All Greeks within Transylvania’s armies will be given leave to return to their homeland.
And finally, Transylvania will withdraw all of its forces from Greece, including the Greek islands off the coast, and never return.”

“I came to these talks expecting reason, but it seems that such a thing has abandoned this part of the world. Your terms are unacceptable,” Ákos nodded towards one of his servants who took the recently signed parchment and passed it onto Niklos, “These are my terms; Transylvania’s terms.”

Niklos took the parchment and tore it apart without even pausing to read its contents.

“No.”

Niklos stood from his seat and cast one last dismissive look on the plain clothed Emperor that sat across from him and stormed out of the building, followed closely by his fellow rebels.

The Greek War of Independence had begun.

aFR6Q.png

Last edited:
Bah, if this wouldn't be happening if Levi Dinofs was still alive. He'd knock the head off Niklos' body with a trout, he would. :p