• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
that's a shame. But he did not die in vain! TO VICTORY!

So, I like the map, I like the cameos, and I like the name Domotor with three umlauts.

Which means that by the time you resume writing I will hopefully catch up.

:D Awesomeeeeeee

defeat in victory "sigh" that is war

'Tis a sad world we live in, eh?

For Dinofs!

!

And so another champion falls

:(
But, Transylvanian leadership is assured that others will come to take their place!

Vae Victis. :D

With the Levant as the tribute!

that's a shame. But he did not die in vain! TO VICTORY!

*sound of drums and boots marching towards said victory*

The Empire will not forget it's greatest hero's.

Saint Dinófs? We shall seeeeeee

yes yes it is but theres no need to be dwelling on that lets do an Irish jig! :D

No. You do the Transylvanian jig.

I know there's bagpipes in the Carpathian mountains, but is there jigs also?

Say it with me, we're Celts and we're proud!

EDIT: I've read up to the point where Istvan of Koloszvar is crowned as the second monarch of house Durazzo. Sneaky man, that, what suggesting suicide by enemy footman to the disgraced king.

I've really liked the graphics work with the letters and exeprts, and the clean and straightforward quality of some of the early maps. Will continue on until I'm caught up, I guess.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I love this forum :rofl:

EDIT: I've read up to the point where Istvan of Koloszvar is crowned as the second monarch of house Durazzo. Sneaky man, that, what suggesting suicide by enemy footman to the disgraced king.

I've really liked the graphics work with the letters and exeprts, and the clean and straightforward quality of some of the early maps. Will continue on until I'm caught up, I guess.

Cheers.

Hehe, yea he was a sneaky bugger. He does some good things though!

And thank you, they were fun to do :)

farnsworth.jpg

Good news everybody!
Coursework is almost done, so I should be able to eek an update in sometime this week.

Also, you just read the first part in his voice :p

Good news, Captain!

Reading progress - up until the point where Mihaly does in the nobles and raises up a service aristocracy. It's like Vlad, Elizabeth and Ivan had a brainstorm about an ideal ruler and came up with Mihaly.

Your Lithuania must be nothing like IRL Lithuania of the time, to produce such a king :D

EDIT: I really like your picture-selecting ability, too. I'm glad to say I have seen very few of those prior to this AAR.

Last edited:

Oh nothing :rofl:

Good news, Captain!

Reading progress - up until the point where Mihaly does in the nobles and raises up a service aristocracy. It's like Vlad, Elizabeth and Ivan had a brainstorm about an ideal ruler and came up with Mihaly.

Your Lithuania must be nothing like IRL Lithuania of the time, to produce such a king :D

EDIT: I really like your picture-selecting ability, too. I'm glad to say I have seen very few of those prior to this AAR.

Mihály was a fun monarch, such a bloodthirsty maniac. You're entirely correct in assuming that the Lithuania in this game is quite different from that in real life. Lithuania gets to be quite large and scary at one point.

And my picture folder is like 200mb haha. I just grabbed any I found that I thought I might eventually use.

Mihály was a fun monarch, such a bloodthirsty maniac. You're entirely correct in assuming that the Lithuania in this game is quite different from that in real life. Lithuania gets to be quite large and scary at one point.

until Somebody teaches them a lesson :)

So I finished catching up.

Blooded Bastards of Banat sounds like a Warhammer Regiment of Renown.

Alexander Stalin's Tatar Space Marines, however, sounds like an ironically-named Metal band.

YOU'VE CONQUERED EVERYTHING! And even got into a World War!

I also liked Nevsky's guys as the Golden Horde, and the Teutonic Order as Bohemians. :D

Finally, dinofs died as he lived - angry!

And now I can join the rest of them waiting for an update.

until Somebody teaches them a lesson :)

Aye :cool:

So I finished catching up.

Blooded Bastards of Banat sounds like a Warhammer Regiment of Renown.

Alexander Stalin's Tatar Space Marines, however, sounds like an ironically-named Metal band.

YOU'VE CONQUERED EVERYTHING! And even got into a World War!

I also liked Nevsky's guys as the Golden Horde, and the Teutonic Order as Bohemians. :D

Finally, dinofs died as he lived - angry!

And now I can join the rest of them waiting for an update.

Heh, I hope you have enjoyed the ride so far...it does get even more interesting I must say.

The Battling Bastards of Banat sounds like the Grey Knights in Warhammer 40K

Then the 12th Hussars are the Scythes of the Emperor (oh yes).

The war was drawing to a close. It had engulfed Europe in flames for half a decade, but the fires were dying down and order was slowly being restored. Through the sacrifice and bravery of Transylvania’s soldiers North Africa had been secured by the Empire, and the Spanish nation had suffered a mighty blow. Lithuania had been crushed, surrounded by hostile powers – Austria, Scandinavia, Georgia, and Transylvania. France and Austria had battled bitterly for control over Northern Italy, but both sides had simply bloodied one another so badly that neither had the manpower to secure any gains they made. The Persian alliance, despite starting off the war on a good foot by taking control over Tranyslvania’s eastern provinces had been pushed by the Army de Mihály back into their territory.

The biggest losers of the war were the many minor nations that had swept in, hoping to cash in on the devastation of the major powers of Europe. Bavaria had been almost destroyed utterly by Austria, as had Bohemia and the various other German minors that had entered into the war. Holland, who before had held the title of Holy Roman Empire, had been devastated in their war against France, and were forced to cede most of the gains they had made in the past two centuries – Vlaanderen, Ansbach, and Nice.

For a brief moment in the North African campaign in 1577 it had seemed that Spain might be able to ferry enough troops over to retain their control of the region, but the Transylvanian navy, led now by a fiery eyed Admiral Varga, had finally mustered the courage to challenge Spain upon the seas of the Mediterranean. It had been a costly naval engagement in the Barbary Coast, but at the end Spain’s fleet had taken too large a blow to recover in time to save North Africa.

0WgIO.jpg

I. The Battle of the Barbary Coast, August 17th, 1577

Spain would hold out stubbornly against Transylvania’s demands for nearly a year, but as its allies folded to peace terms all around it, the enormous pressure placed upon it by the peasantry and bourgeoise classes would force the Spanish court’s hand. The First World war would end on July 1st of 1579, four years after the first spark over Lithuania’s subjugation of the last Rus nation had started it.

The main winners in the war were Austria and Transylvania. The lands of Bavaria and Bohemia had been added to the growing Austrian Reich, and the German people had held out against the might of France while still managing to punish the Lithuanians; while the Transylvanians had smashed aside the armies of Spain and clearly asserted their dominance over the Eastern Mediterranean and the lands in the Levant.

In the end, Lithuania would cede some of its lands to Austria and Scandinavia, release the nation of Moldavia from its clutches, and cede the province of Kharkov to Transylvania. Spain would cede Judea, Aleppo, and Angora to the ever growing Transylvanian Empire. France, despite fighting on the losing side of the First World War, would emerge stronger than ever, gaining the lands that the Dutch had held, while losing nothing to the Austrians. Spain’s lands in the Levant, now isolated from Spain, saw new nationalist and independence rebellions rise up, funded by the recently victorious Transylvania.

----------​

It is hard to truly understand the full scope of effects the First World War had upon Europe and the world at large. It was a devastating war in terms of casualties, with hundreds of thousands dying in the cold Russian winters of Lithuania and Scandinavia, and hundreds of thousands more dying in the oppressive heat of North Africa. World War One clearly illustrated the need to Europe’s leading powers of the necessity of having a professional standing army large enough to handle to sheer immensity of wars such as the one that had just taken place.

There was also a growing movement for industrialization within these growing empires. Wars like these had needed an immense number of resources, and had brought even the most powerful economies of Europe to their knees trying to supply, feed, and transport the vast quantities of soldiers and materials that had been needed.

It also saw the rise in importance of the common soldier, those who in previous era had been regarded as simple minded barbarians whose only duty in life was to die in a manner that accomplished something for the state. Instead soldiers were being seen in a new light, especially in Transylvania – they were the chosen men of the Empire; its champions that would lead the people to a new era of greatness.

EUZs1.png

A veteran’s home is built in Koloszvár, July, 1577

The old world was slowly changing, gradual, bit by slow bit; eroding in the face of this new frightening reality – that of blood, work, and tears. The unification of the Italian peninsula was stark evidence of this rapidly changing world, where even the Pope was not safe from the machinations of human ambition. Some nations would never truly recover from the First World War, Spain itself only barely managing to claw away from the rebellions and immense social reforms half a century later...

EsKqN.png

7w1cY.gif

(I apologize for the lack of game screenshots and whatnot, but Fraps decided that instead of that, what I really wanted was a screenshot of a pitch black screen, so the treaties and battles are all from memory since I'm actually way ahead of this point in the game)

I. Painting of the Dutch burning of English ships during the Second Anglo-Dutch War by Jan van Leyden More information can be found here.

Last edited:
The First World War in 1577 and Industrialization?! That's quite the exaggeration ;p. Nevertheless, I love your ability to zoom out and take-in a sweeping style of narration as well as get down to the level of common soldiers and feats on the battlefield. Great writing!

The First World War in 1577 and Industrialization?! That's quite the exaggeration ;p. Nevertheless, I love your ability to zoom out and take-in a sweeping style of narration as well as get down to the level of common soldiers and feats on the battlefield. Great writing!

Heh, it's not true industrialization as they'd lack the machinery, but more of an emphasis on the starting of mass production of military goods. The first pillars for the Industrial Revolution I suppose.

And thank you :D