• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Athoen

Sergeant
46 Badges
Mar 20, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
Hello
(again thanks for your work on the mod :p)

So I played some tiimes with and against Tribunal Temple

One time as a rogue Hlaalu forming Morrowind from the inside. Succeeded but it took some time...
Couldn't take over Vvardenfell however, even with the loyal great houses limited to a single county, the temple spawned about 50k troops as soon as I tried to attack them with a religious CB (high velothi).
Probably not in one time, but they created troops faster than I could destroy them so...

Now playing as atmoran tribal, and I want to invade Skyrim, but the Dunmer came there before me and the tribunal temple took over the 3 bordering duchies. since atacking the temple causes 10k troops to spawn I can't face them.
Should'nt the tribunal offer protection only for territories within Morrowind ?

So far this troop spawning seems quite OP to me, it seems as if only the Empire of tamriel is supposed do take over them (even when it's the Dunmer invading foreign land)

edit : Playing recently updated SNV

"What a fool you are. I'm a god, how can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No recall or intervention can work in this place. Come, lay down your weapons, it is not too late for my mercy." ―Dagothwave Ur

Reactions:
This is pretty accurate. The Reman dynasty fought an eighty year war with them and didn't manage to do anything, and Tiber got them through diplomacy. He MIGHT have won in the end, but it would have left him very weakened. I don't know if that's modeled, wherein a foreign power can attempt to subjugate the Tribunal through diplomacy, but if its not you're gonna have your work cut out for you.

I THINK that might be due to the AI exploiting a minor limitation in the code. The Tribunal doesn't get its bonuses when they attack, so if they break apart it means that independent Almsivi realms only get the lesser armies and they get them less often.

Basically it goes like this

Tribunal gets attacked, then it fires an event with a MTTH of 1 month that gives them an army of 750-4500 (three regiments) with a character modifier lasting 10 months that prevents the event from firing. So in 10 months they can get another 750-4500 troops with a MTTH of 1 month. And so on and so forth.

Independent ALMSIVI realm gets attacked, their equivalent event has a MTTH of 10 months with an army of 750-3000 (three regiments) with a character modifier lasting 24 months. So they have to wait longer for a smaller army with longer bursts between their troops. Its still good, but if they're weakened or fighting a powerful state its not gonna be enough.

Tribunal gets attacked, then it fires an event with a MTTH of 1 month that gives them an army of 750-4500 (three regiments) with a character modifier lasting 10 months that prevents the event from firing. So in 10 months they can get another 750-4500 troops with a MTTH of 1 month. And so on and so forth.

Independent ALMSIVI realm gets attacked, their equivalent event has a MTTH of 10 months with an army of 750-3000 (three regiments) with a character modifier lasting 24 months. So they have to wait longer for a smaller army with longer bursts between their troops. Its still good, but if they're weakened or fighting a powerful state its not gonna be enough.
The event troops are gotten from the ALMSIVI offmap powers by decision rather than fire by a MTTH event

Reactions:
Sorry, I was looking at the old almsivi events (which are still active for non JD, mind, though I can't say I know how it works for people without JD; are NPCs able to access offmap powers if the player doesn't have JD?). Missed that.

Still; if I'm reading it correctly it looks like its generally easier for k_almsivi to get troops. Since they always have a 750 cost whereas unless someone has a warlike policy it takes a 1500 cost. I would also assume that k_almsivi would probably have an easier time getting currency. With nothing to back that up beyond "I'm the guy responsible for keeping people worshiping you three so I would assume you like me better or at least want to make sure I can do my job".