• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TRANSYLVANIA

2wh45g3.jpg

Entry 4

jsk6ww.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh the English dip their hand in the Balkans...
And the Hungarians should be good for a few wars

Only about 150 years before Transylvania will be strong enough to break free. That should be quite a few wars. But, first, how does one make friends and influence enemies in order to survive after the break? It is the building of relations with powerful nations...and, that costs money...

Of course I will be including posts about our friends at the castle throughout those 150 years.

See the next post for more Friends at the Castle.

Last edited:
Last edited:
A good solid start, trading is often the best way to go when a minor nation.

A good solid start, trading is often the best way to go when a minor nation.

Thank you.

Trading is especially a must for a vassal...seeing half of their taxes go to their overlord.

TRANSYLVANIA

2wh45g3.jpg

ENTRY 5 – Scene 4 – A sort while later.

Range was speaking to the maid in the kitchen.

219xr7n.jpg

RANGE: This might not be the right time to ask…But, how well did you know your boss?

2s0juxv.jpg

MAID: I’m going to tell you the same thing I told Mr. Chan…I did not know the man…I was just hired for the weekend through an agency. But, there’s one thing I didn’t tell Mr. Chan. There’s some strange things going on here.

RANGE: Oh…like what?

MAID: Look around and tell me if something isn’t amiss…

Range looked about and wondered.

MAID: There’s no cabinets…and no sink…in fact there’s no plumbing in the entire house. Now, don’t you think that’s odd?

RANGE: I suppose so…

MAID: You suppose so? Well, this is what I know. Before the lights went out there was plumbing in the kitchen as well as the bathrooms…now, there’s no bathrooms. And, to top that there was electricity.

RANGE: And, now there’s no light switches.

MAID: Say, you’re not as slow as I thought.

Range smiled.

RANGE: Anything else?

MAID: I was also hired as a cook.

She moved over to a large fireplace in the kitchen. Within the fireplace, a fire burned beneath a large kettle filled with some sort of soup.

MAID: Soup…and, I didn’t prepare it. Where did it come from and who prepared it? And, it wasn’t here before the lights went out. What’s going on Mr. Range?

Scene 5

In a darken room, away from the others the valet was arguing with a mystery man.

315nxqh.jpg

VALET: I’ve done everything you wanted me to do. You’re secret is safe with me.

MYSTERY MAN: You’ve already committed yourself…it’s too late to turn back now.

VALET: You killed him, not me.

MYSTERY MAN: But, you are an accessory to murder.

VALET: I want out…

MYSTERY MAN: Don’t be foolish! (pause) Besides, where would you go? I’m your only hope of you ever resurrecting your acting career. Once we return…you can start anew.

VALET: This can’t be happening.

Last edited:
Wait, what?

Someone stole the PLUMBING?

VALET: This can't be happening.

Oh yes it can!
Welcome to the glories of virtual reality...its like reality only better (and without the smell)

That's good.

Wait, what?

Someone stole the PLUMBING?

Yeah...you'll be surprised how much money there is in selling scrap copper.

Last edited:
Transylvania

2wh45g3.jpg

Entry 6

izus8g.jpg

Next Post: Back at the castle.

Definately subscribed. I'm really enjoying those murder mystery fillers. There's a lot of personality in those characters, particularly with the pictures, and it's a fun twist to keep us readers entertained while you break free from those evil Hungarians!

On another note, forgive me if you've already mentioned it, how are you planning to break free?

This is weird. But nice with the gift to the state.

Definately subscribed. I'm really enjoying those murder mystery fillers. There's a lot of personality in those characters, particularly with the pictures, and it's a fun twist to keep us readers entertained while you break free from those evil Hungarians!

On another note, forgive me if you've already mentioned it, how are you planning to break free?

Thank you.

I had to write up something that would keep the readers as well as me interested.

As for breaking free...I'm going to have to wait to see how the AAR takes shape.

This is weird. But nice with the gift to the state.

I guess you're wondering why the screen shots are presented in the manner I choose. Basically, nothing is happening...but, I still have to report on the status. I think the way I choose makes the post more pleasing in one screen shot...sort of like a journal.

No, not that. The fact that the pictures seem to be in tunnel vision....

Did you take them with a real camera? that would explain it.

Small but slow improvements for Transylvania. Life as a minor nation can be dull at times. I daresay there will be alot of action at some point though.

No, not that. The fact that the pictures seem to be in tunnel vision....

Did you take them with a real camera? that would explain it.

No...regular screen shots...printed, then scanned. I guess I should ask do you like the effect?

Small but slow improvements for Transylvania. Life as a minor nation can be dull at times. I daresay there will be alot of action at some point though.

Yeah...I may have to jump ahead a bit...to show more growth. The biggest problem, with Transylvania being a vassal she can't start wars...she can only be dragged into them.

Last edited:
It's not annoying, but after a while I get a headache.

Only a small one.