• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Translation help

If the need arise, i am ready to help. Simply tell me what you want. I nearly forget it, this is for the english to french translation. If you want an email adress post me a link to yours.

bests regards

Durin said:
Perharps i could work on the first part of it, and finish the job when it will be complete ?
bests regards
It's not ready to be worked on yet, we're still adding new text, eliminating duplicates and making many other changes in response to tester feedback. Once the internal test is complete, we'll publish the beta so all translators have access to the v0.7 code. Once that's in place, the national language teams can organise how they want to split the task.

Nachinus has sent me a PM to think about how we'll organize the translation to spanish.

Before I turn on the "translation-mode" switch, who wants to help with the translation to Spanish?

BTW... Here is a link to a thread in the Spanish forum in which we could organize a bit.

But just a bit. ;)

Last edited:
My two pennies worth: all the event text should now be in text.csv. It's one single block of text (CEVT...) and independent of any code changes that the event authors make. Additions will be identified for each version from now on.

BTW, don't work on the tech tree just yet, I will undertake to get that into text.csv for v0.71 :) It's about 40% done.

hmm since i've downloaded core v0.7 when it came out today and really appreciate your efforts, since i have semester break and obviously no one volunteered for a translation into german yet, i could give it a try if you want...

Good work Captain Frakas for your translation. ;)

There has been a question on translating the following event:
Code:
Montreux Conference on the Egyptian Capitulations

Countries enjoying capitulary rights in Egypt met at the Conference of
Montreux. The delegates agreed to abolish the capitulations, with the
exception of the maintenance of mixed courts (for twelve years) and the
extension of their authority to criminal cases (previously handled by
consular courts). This agreement further promoted Egyptian sovereignty.

Freedom from opression
What are Capitulations? I haven't found the word in my dictionary.

Ilkhold said:
There has been a question on translating the following event:
Code:
Montreux Conference on the Egyptian Capitulations

Countries enjoying capitulary rights in Egypt met at the Conference of
Montreux. The delegates agreed to abolish the capitulations, with the
exception of the maintenance of mixed courts (for twelve years) and the
extension of their authority to criminal cases (previously handled by
consular courts). This agreement further promoted Egyptian sovereignty.

Freedom from opression
What are Capitulations? I haven't found the word in my dictionary.

As a word; “capitulation” means; the privileges given to foreign people in disadvantage of the country’s citizens.

In this case it means that previously british citizens in Egypt had special priviliges in relations to normal Egyptian law and retained seats in the Egyptian courts. The Montreux conference removed most of these priviliges.

Ghost_dk

Ghost_dk said:
As a word; “capitulation” means; the privileges given to foreign people in disadvantage of the country’s citizens.

In this case it means that previously british citizens in Egypt had special priviliges in relations to normal Egyptian law and retained seats in the Egyptian courts. The Montreux conference removed most of these priviliges.

Thanks, that helps.