• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AnakinShadow

Recruit
Jun 6, 2015
Hello, I have owned KOPP on my Galaxy S4 for a while now and have made quite a bit of progress. I have just recently bought the game on Steam and was wondering if their is any way to transfer the save file from my Android version to my new PC version? I don't really want to start a new save game but if I have to I will.

You can transfer the games between the Steam and Android versions, but it does require some technical knowledge into the Android Operating System.
And another excitingly great thing is that the save format is practically the same!

Anyway, you can find the files on your Android device at the following location:
/data/br.com.beholdstudios/knightsappsamsung/files/...

In that folder, there should be a file called data.kopp
If you want to sync your progress, you'll have to manually swap it between the one in your Steam folder at:
.../SteamApps/common/Knights of Pen Paper/knightspp_Data/...

All you need to do is replace one file with each other to sync. It's that simple.
However, you'll need to root your Android device first and have a method of moving files around, such as Root Explorer.

Last edited:
You can transfer the games between the Steam and Android versions, but it does require some technical knowledge into the Android Operating System.

Anyway, you can find the files on your Android device at the following location:
/data/br.com.beholdstudios/knightsappsamsung/files/...

In that folder, there should be a file called data.kopp
If you want to sync your progress, you'll have to manually swap it between the one in your Steam folder at:
.../SteamApps/common/Knights of Pen Paper/knightspp_Data/...

All you need to do is replace one file with each other to sync. It's that simple.
However, you'll need to root your Android device first and have a method of moving files around, such as Root Explorer.
Thank you so much for replying, I have a Galaxy S4 and from what I can tell, it allows me to transfer files without rooting. So does this mean that I can do your above mentioned solution without rooting my phone?

Thank you so much for replying, I have a Galaxy S4 and from what I can tell, it allows me to transfer files without rooting. So does this mean that I can do your above mentioned solution without rooting my phone?
It actually depends. If your application data is stored on your phone's memory (in the /data/... folder) then you'll have to root it.
Otherwise, application data stored on an SD card can be accessed freely.

For most cases, your data is stored in your local memory, so you'll have to root it.
All you have to do is have a go. If your phone does not allow you to access that folder, then you'll have to root it. It's pretty much as simple as knowing how and where to dig for the file.

Also, remember that the folder you're accessing via your computer (MTP) is not your root folder, but rather this folder:
/storage/sdcard0/... or /sdcard/...
Note: If you're using Explorer, the message asking you to upgrade to Root Explorer does not indicate whether your device is rooted or not. It's been hardcoded to ask you to upgrade when you select the /data/... folder.

Last edited:
It actually depends. If your application data is stored on your phone's memory (in the /data/... folder) then you'll have to root it.
Otherwise, application data stored on an SD card can be accessed freely.

For most cases, your data is stored in your local memory, so you'll have to root it.
All you have to do is have a go. If your phone does not allow you to access that folder, then you'll have to root it.

Also, remember that the folder you're accessing via your computer (MTP) is not your root folder, but rather this folder:
/storage/sdcard0/... or /sdcard/...
Hey, I just did tried what you said to do without rooting my phone and it worked. I successfully moved my save file to my PC version of the game. So I can now play on my phone and then transfer what new progress I made to my PC. Once again thank you so much for your help, you are my savior.

Hey, I just did tried what you said to do without rooting my phone and it worked. I successfully moved my save file to my PC version of the game. So I can now play on my phone and then transfer what new progress I made to my PC. Once again thank you so much for your help, you are my savior.
You're welcome. Have fun.
(Now, for some much earned sleep from 24 straight hours of studying for exams)

Edit: Also, you may want to ask a moderator to close your thread.

I also was wondering if transferring my save file would overwrite the fact that I bought the DLC on the Steam version but as far as I can tell, I still own the DLC and the new save kinda just merged with it and saved my progress as well as adding the DLC to it too.

I also was wondering if transferring my save file would overwrite the fact that I bought the DLC on the Steam version but as far as I can tell, I still own the DLC and the new save kinda just merged with it and saved my progress as well as adding the DLC to it too.
Nope. Not at all.
If you're in a DLC location and you don't own the DLC on the Android version, you'll be unable to travel to anywhere other than the non-DLC locations. The fact you own the DLC or not isn't stored on your save file. It's stored on a per-copy-of-the-game basis.

So, you'll have to rebuy it, hence see the same problem I had as you.

Edit: The expansion is still unpurchasable (same goes for gold packs)

Nope. Not at all.
If you're in a DLC location and you don't own the DLC on the Android version, you'll be unable to travel to anywhere other than the non-DLC locations. The fact you own the DLC or not isn't stored on your save file. It's stored on a per-copy-of-the-game basis.

So, you'll have to rebuy it, hence see the same problem I had as you.

Edit: The expansion is still unpurchasable (same goes for gold packs)
Ok, so since it's my Steam version that owns the DLC my Android save file will still be able to access the DLC correct? I would assume so because Steam seems to have adapted the save file to it's self and I still am able to buy the new Witch class and travel to the new areas.

Ok, so since it's my Steam version that owns the DLC my Android save file will still be able to access the DLC correct? I would assume so because Steam seems to have adapted the save file to it's self and I still am able to buy the new Witch class and travel to the new areas.
Yes, and no. You won't be able to access the DLC. Ownership of DLC is not stored in the save, but on a per-game basis.
So, if you copied your save from PC to PC (or PC to Android) and the copy of the game that you're transferring to does not own/have the DLC, you'll be unable to travel to the DLC locations, but if you already have any of the DLC content (ie. new items or classes), they'll still remain. It's just that you cannot purchase the DLC items, travel into (or around) DLC locations or create new characters with the DLC classes.

Also worth noting that if you're in a DLC location, you'll still be in it and all functions (ie. quest and fight) will function properly.

Yes, and no. You won't be able to access the DLC. Ownership of DLC is not stored in the save, but on a per-game basis.
So, if you copied your save from PC to PC (or PC to Android) and the copy of the game that you're transferring to does not own/have the DLC, you'll be unable to travel to the DLC locations, but if you already have any of the DLC content (ie. new items or classes), they'll still remain. It's just that you cannot purchase the DLC items, travel into (or around) DLC locations or create new characters with the DLC classes.

Also worth noting that if you're in a DLC location, you'll still be in it and all functions (ie. quest and fight) will function properly.
That's odd, today I just beat the entire Haunted Forest DLC on my PC version using my Android save file. Everything worked just fine as far as I could tell.