Trains, trucks and counter-revolutionaries . . .

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tisifoni12

Field Marshal
20 Badges
Oct 29, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
Greetings comrades, your General Secretary of the Supreme Soviet here.

So, it begins and we have supply issues in three areas. I click on the hubs, I motorise the local transport and I upgrade the rail links. But still I have supply problems. Do I have fewersupply problems, how do I tell, how much more must I do, will sending more kulaks to Siberia solve the problem ?

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
One thing to keep in mind is the system doesn't work the same as the old one where you can expect all units to have 100% supply at all times - it's normal to have some units with "low-ish" supply and have those units still be operational. Supply issues don't actually become a major problem until there's a red "!" next to the supply icon. It'll take some time to get used to.

Another thing is that trucks and horses only affect the range of supply, not throughput or capacity itself. Though you can ocassonally motorize a supply hub BEHIND the main one that's supplying your troops and effectively have two supply hubs providing for an area. Transport planes are also pretty busted right now for providing supply, so try to throw in a few of those - 100 can supply a full 24 division army quite easily with some to spare.

Can you send us some screenshots of the logistic mode as so we can try to diagnose what's going on? Preferably while hovering your mouse over a supply depot to show the tooltip.

There can also be a bottleneck somewhere in the rail network that affects your supply hub. 1x lvl2 railway line will hamper your end product as that bit needs to be taken slower.

Greetings omrades, your General Secretary of the Supreme Soviet here.

So, it begins and we have supply issues in three areas. I click on the hubs, I motorise the local transport and I upgrade the rail links. But still I have supply problems. Do I have fewersupply problems, how do I tell, how much more must I do, will sending more kulaks to Siberia solve the problem ?
So I am not the only one. Supply system is something to learn. And the tool tips could be improved as well. One thing I saw this evening is that you need to check you rail links up to your capital to see for problems and solve them. Hope they will make the tool tips better so you got an better idea on what to do and where. But in all... it cost a lot of IC to get everything ok. But well... it's learning a new system and new way of playing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Further greetings comrades. We are now on run three, getting the hang of the new Soviet focus tree and keeping my paranoia in check. Sending kulaks to Siberia is good for my paranoia !

Giving upgrading the supply infrastructure lower priority; industry first, do the rail focus then rail supply upgrades.

But war is still running hot; Germany declares war on Netherlands and Belgium within days of the fall of Poland, Spain joins Axis, Germany terminates non-ag pact in 1940.

Hope mods I use will be updated soon.