Trainment for the DH (I played Hoi4 before)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PARAfel

The Samier
55 Badges
Jan 12, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Victoria 2
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
So this question is after i posted the failured post (Battle Plan in DH) when i asked about an mod that converts hoi4 features (or a small convert) to the DH as i think that the DH gameplay is boring because i was playing hoi4 too much and i not have much time in microing divisions and units. I ask here about an mini tutorial or a great one for train me for the DH as an hoi4 player.

Thankful if you help me

• 1Like
Reactions:
So this question is after i posted the failured post (Battle Plan in DH) when i asked about an mod that converts hoi4 features (or a small convert) to the DH as i think that the DH gameplay is boring because i was playing hoi4 too much and i not have much time in microing divisions and units. I ask here about an mini tutorial or a great one for train me for the DH as an hoi4 player.

Thankful if you help me

Welcome to the game! Feel free to ask any questions you like here so we can help. Also, read some of the After Action Reports to get a feel for the game and some of the mods.

Finally, there's actually a manual for the game. It's pretty old, but a lot of the information found in it is still relevant. Here's a link to the manual:

From what ive seen on YT, HOI4 dumbs down the gameplay to nothingness. What i suggest before you try DH (or god forbid the mods) is give it a couple of whirls first as Italy to get the feel of the game before jumping to Germany.

• 2Like
Reactions:
From what ive seen on YT, HOI4 dumbs down the gameplay to nothingness. What i suggest before you try DH (or god forbid the mods) is give it a couple of whirls first as Italy to get the feel of the game before jumping to Germany.
I did preorder that abomination! Still hurts my heart...

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
One tip I would give is to divide your forces in multiples of three. So if you want to make for example an armored force as Germany, combine two armored divisions and a motorized ones. Using this rule will probably save you a lot of headaches due to how comand limits works. Also for HQ units, make then separate forces and always under Field Marshall. This units are vital for offensive operations as they allow you to double your command limit on the attack. Finally as a starting nation I recommend the UK, much more interesting than Italy IMHO

Reactions:
It doesn't make sense in DH Full, because you don't get combined arms bonus for that and you lose mot. divisions' speed advantage.
Yes it doesn't, I was just giving an example. I generally prefer to combine armored divisions with motorized because it is cheaper (as you can upgrade foot infantry to it relatively cheap) ,but of course it depends on each nation.

Reactions: