• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Limiano81

Recruit
1 Badges
May 19, 2022
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hi.
I bought a steam key for steam to the game. able to perform the installation by steam all OK. but when I open the game it goes to the PARADOX app. Now I can't train my army, the option to train doesn't appear. can someone help me? I have selected the army with a general and even so the icon to train the army appears. check the image.
Sem título.jpg

Drilling is part of the cradle of civilization dlc. Do you have that enabled?

cheating :D but even so, I Should be able to train no? other stuff doesn't show like the ships there isn't "hunt pirates" only protect trade.
That, again, would happen if you don't have the relevant DLC enabled. Which ones do you have enabled?

So I need to buy other DLC's. So training, pirates is what DLC's?
Drilling is part of Cradle of Civilization, privateering is enabled with Wealth of Nations, El Dorado, Mare Nostrum or Golden Century, though only Mare Nostrum or El Dorado enables hunting pirates, coastal raiding is part of Mare Nostrum or Golden Century, and only Golden Century enables Pirate Republics.

You're better of consulting the wiki on which DLC enables what content.

Reactions:
Thx a lot. If i buy the key for steam I can put on the launch of Paradox?
You'll still activate the key on steam, but the launcher detects what you have on Steam. You should probably check in the paradox launcher that the DLC isn't just present but disabled, to make sure you don't buy anything that you already have.

Actually, no. You'll have to start a new game to have the DLC content active.
Pretty sure you don't. And now you've made me doubt myself just enough to reinstall EU4 to check.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Aaand checked. I started a game with no DLC, and had no access to any of the DLC-locked mechanics.
(What a shocker.)
Then I enabled the DLC (minus Origins and Leviathan). Of what I checked, the only thing that didn't enable was the Emperor of China mechanics; Ming kept its factions instead. But they had Confucianism's harmonisation, their fleets could do all the new missions, the Knights first tradition enabled coastal raiding, and the HRE had its dlc-reform-system.

• 1Like
Reactions:
just one extra question... when I open a old save game in a game with a new DLC the old save will have the extra stuff?
It depends on the stuff and the DLC. Some things work, other doesn't work(e.g. mission trees), some things break(e.g. you lose non-DLC missions which are supposed to be replaced by DLC missions), some things crash the game(e.g. activating the Leviathan DLC causes crashes if a mission/event tries to upgrade a monument).
In general I would recommend to not change DLCs during a campaign.

• 1Like
Reactions: