• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
I know the title doesn´t make too much sense, but you can read that this AAR will be about Axis Mexico gameplay (Allies would be too boring - just taking all the American continent for myself, if possible, and Comminern would lead to starting the real Cold War a lot sooner:D)...

Expect that this AAR will be slowed down, due to school (I had holidays for 2 months in July and August), this will be the main reason that updates won´t be coming out so often, as you might seen in my Greek AAR...

Parameters:

title: Trabajadores de México...
author: Ikarases
start date: 07/09/2012
nation: Mexico, 1936
version: FTM 3.05/HPP as on 19th August
difficulty: normal
aim: basically testing if I can resist the US pressure, which I expect to be put...
style: gameplay

Ask, reply, comment... Just don´t troll too much, ok? :p

Thanks for subscribing/supporting this AAR! :)

Last edited:
subbed although i have rather seen an Iraq AAR.

Can you please at least occasionally post politicial maps, please? Even if you prefer to play with geography on, it does make reading the map easier for AAR readers.

Can you please at least occasionally post politicial maps, please? Even if you prefer to play with geography on, it does make reading the map easier for AAR readers.

Puff, such an insult!:mad:

I did it already when you came with this idea in my Greek AAR...

Don´t worry, I´ll post them;)

I did it already (...) in my Greek AAR...

Once doesn't really count. We have no idea what nation is in what place since we aren't playing the game to watch it happen gradually (like you can).

Also, I just came from your other AAR. Looking forward to something nice in this. I've wanted to play mexico for a long time but am far too weak a player to even survive against the US (or anyone, you should have seen my epic germany fail against Poland). Good luck.

Once doesn't really count. We have no idea what nation is in what place since we aren't playing the game to watch it happen gradually (like you can).

Also, I just came from your other AAR. Looking forward to something nice in this. I've wanted to play mexico for a long time but am far too weak a player to even survive against the US (or anyone, you should have seen my epic germany fail against Poland). Good luck.

Well, maybe I´ve missed the point... I see now - so you want more world-wide screens? Ok, I´ll see what I can do;)

Chapter I: Introduction​

Mexico starts in 1936 with quite huge surplus of Metals and Crude oil... Techs are crappy, like on the whole American continent (except for USA)… Army is almost none, but Mexico has quite nice MP to make up this deficit...

I put my entire LP to Espionage and get my 10 domestic spies ASAP to raise NU and Support Ruling Party… Here is the catch; I won´t be able to lower my neutrality in the normal way, so I´ll raise threat on Guatemala, since both UK and USA would spam Counterespionage, making my effort useless...

I start with one ship, disbanding it right away... I´ll rather use my squadron of LF for exploration than some ship...

Politics are set on INF focus (obviously), although I have enough time to built something more IC-costly, but I´m hoping to buy licenses from Axis, so I don´t need to focus on anything other than INF techs and some Industry techs...

That said, I´m going to play as Axis Mexico, just to make it more competitive for myself :)

Enjoy! :)

Chapter II: Pre-war period

I´m starting with those initial things: Ministers, regrouping army, training spies...

In the half of March I´ve already 10 spies at home and in Guatemala (although I guess if they couldn’t be substituted by each other I guess) and I´m starting the Increase Threat mission...

clipboard01dw.jpg

On 1st April, my first 4 divisions of INF are ready, I´m putting next “batch” right away to build...

clipboard02rx.jpg

I feel I´m running low on MP; I was deceived by my thoughts once again... It´s not even the end of 36 and I´ve already made a mistake! :(

clipboard03dp.jpg

Here you can see two things, I´ve already quite aligned to Axis and I´m also selling a lot of Metals to UK... At least the trade AI hasn´t let me down...

clipboard04im.jpg

Oh, that would give the game a new whole direction! Shame this (probably UK) coup failed... Darn, what a shame...

clipboard05nx.jpg

It took like 5 politic events, and look at this; my ruling party went from 70% popularity to just 3%? Wow, I knew at the beginning it could drop, but not by such a big margin! :D

clipboard06o.jpg

Oh-uh, the Nazis are mobilizing...

clipboard07o.jpg

Raising threat in Guatemala proved to be an utter fail... I got 1,1 for like 3,5 years raising threat? I should´ve rather raise threat on two neighboring Majors, it would be worth the LP effort... :(

clipboard08jt.jpg

There it goes! The Germans made their decision; conquer Poland...

clipboard09dv.jpg

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I´m fully at the Axis corner right now, but still unable to join...

Also I might make the mistake number 2 while producing units; maybe I should´ve wait enacted better Training Laws before even building them, I wouldn´t have such a stockpile of supplies now, and my army would be more skilled... Never mind, I´ll get through it ;)

Another AAR from you!I will follow
Shouldn't the Reich though first do the things it does to chechoslovakia before attacking poland?

Shouldn't the Reich though first do the things it does to chechoslovakia before attacking poland?

The Reich didn´t? :D

I don´t get it.. :(

that is why people are asking for political mapmode. missed it myself, actually.

that is why people are asking for political mapmode. missed it myself, actually.

I don´t want to be rude, but after few games everyone should know, how the World´s borderlines are looking like in 1936... Even then, there is only a small chance that UK will support Czechs, and even then it might be "Thanks for nothing"...

Btw. Why wouldn´t Germany fire the event? Czechs would be probably taken out too, sooner or later... Either way, Czechoslovakia isn´t going to exist, even if it fires the WWII sooner (maybe they just join Allies, but that´s all)...

What political events help to kill the ruling party organisation?

What political events help to kill the ruling party organisation?

Please direct this to HPP Q&A forum, this is only an AAR, not a "basic walthrough for HPP"...

Download it and find out!;)