• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well good luck to you. are you playing with Pheonix?

Thanks! I'm playing with The Coin, The Sabre & The Pigeon. Is there a difference between the two? I'm asking since this is my first time with the mod.

They are different versions.In my opinion,Phoenix is the most stable.I have been playing 100 years as the Chionites in Phoenix.

They are different versions.In my opinion,Phoenix is the most stable.I have been playing 100 years as the Chionites in Phoenix.

Thanks for the info. The only problem I've encountered with my game is CTD when I open the ledger. Other than that, everything seems smooth other than the occasional lag.

Chapter 6 - Getting Into Unwanted Conflicts

chapter6a.png

The Goths didn't hesitate to call our nation into a defensive war. Our leader agreed immediately to prove to the Goths that we were trustworthy allies.

chapter6b.png

Things did become interesting when we entered the war. Despite the Goths controlling more provinces, both the enemy and the Goths view us as the greater nation. This idea did trouble our king. What if the neighboring Romans see us the strongest nation in apart from them as well? Won't that be an incentive to attack us? While our king pondered on these questions, he prepared his troops. To reach the Dacians, we needed military access to Goth before we can face the enemy. The Vandals and the Saxons were the only options we had and we instantly wrote the Vandals. Our relations with Saxon has been rather neutral and we wondered whether the Saxons would be willing to give us the military access we need. Before we can reach our decision, a messenger arrived and wished to talk with our king. When he entered, we found out that he was a Dacians messenger. Apparently, the Dacians had enough of the war and wished to end it. Our king, despite being quick to answer to the call to arms, wished for our nation to enjoy some peace after the war against the Vandals. He saw the Dacians terms reasonable and decided to end the war.

chapter6c.png

The instability in our nation has hit our treasury fairly hard and a bit of extra ducats still benefited us. However, the Goths weren't too happy about our decision. They told us that we were too soft and the peace didn't benefited them one bit. They argued that we could've at least let them take some provinces to teach the Dacians a lesson. Even though the Goths didn't say it, we could easily see that the Goths weren't content with us being their allies. Our king wondered if he should look for an ally elsewhere as he feared that this alliance may not last too long. In addition, he didn't like the fact that the Goths were so warlike. He told me that it wouldn't take long before the Goths get themselves into another war. As he had predicted, the Goths were at war a few months later and we were pulled into it.

chapter6e.png

Last edited:
Love this thread, can not wait till rome has rebellions. They always do in my games in steppe wolf. I am interested into the upcoming war with Navarra.

Glad you love it. As for Rome, I hope they'll break apart soon :p. Just a heads up, Navarra is an OPM with no one coming in their aid. So I didn't bother with that war as the Goths just attacked and annexed. I will have a pretty big war in my next chapter though.

Chapter 7 - Obeying the Gods Bring Victory

As the Goths began their conquest on Navarra, our king ordered a meeting with all the elders and myself. Our king, having complete trust in all of us, told us what he thought about the Goths. He believed that this alliance cannot last long and we still had to rely on ourselves. The only way we can become stronger is through obeying the Gods and through conquest. The Gods ordered us to create a larger army and we were still carrying that out. As for conquest, we still had some unfinished business with the Vandals. Everyone at the meeting supported the idea of attacking the Vandals immediately. The very next day, we were at war once again.

chapter7a.png

Aiding the Vandals were the treacherous Frisians and Burgundy. This time we were ready despite being outnumbered. Our king decided to use the same tactic as the last war and target the Frisians first. Just days after the declaration of war, our army is finished and the Gods ordered us to save Kleves from the sieging Frisians. Our army were too busy confronting the Frisians' main armies and a small Frisian detachment managed to slip past and reach Kleves.

chapter7b.png

Despite our best efforts, our armies simply cannot reach Kleves in time and we failed to mission given by the Gods. We feared that we angered the Gods but they were willing to let us make up for our failure with a new mission. Our king wasted no time at all to complete the new mission in order to regain the favours of the Gods.

chapter7c.png

chapter7d.png

The Gods have ordered us to save another one of our provinces. Our king, deciding to stop pursuing the enemy, rushed back to Munster. After a short engagement, he managed to slaughter all the Frisians troops there. Our next mission involved getting on the good side of Saxon. Seeing the close proximity between our two nation, good relations will benefit us greatly, especially when we are at war. With the shortage of diplomats, our king decide to put that mission on hold as he focused on the Frisians.

chapter7e.png

Before too long, the Frisians' main armies were defeated and they wished to end the war. Our king decide to take more of their land to teach them a lesson on betrayal. With three more provinces with loyal subjects in our nation, we are closer to having the ability to take on the Goths.

chapter7g.png

chapter7h.png

We have won the battle but not the war. At least, we haven't won the war yet. As we began recruiting new troops, people of the Ancient Frisian culture were eager to join our ranks. Our king didn't hesitate to let them join as he didn't question their loyalty. He blamed the ruler of Frisians to be a coward and backstabber but he is only one of tens of thousands Frisians. Soon enough, we had a regiment made up of entirely Frisians and they were eager to fight for their new king.

chapter7i.png

To show good faith, our king decided to lead the newly recruited 12 thousand regiment Frisians himself. He led his new troops to engage a Vandal regiment in Fulda. The Frisians were so eager to prove their worth and their war cry alone sent their enemies running. In merely one day, the Vandal regiment was completely annihilated. A Langobards regiment, unwilling to be outdone, took on a Vandal regiment that outnumbered them. However, the new of the annihilation of the other regiment has taking a toll on this regiment as well. Like the other battle, the Vandal regiment was wiped before the day was over. With 21 thousand Vandals soldier killed in a single day, the Vandals' homeland was wide open for an attack without anymore resistance.

chapter7k.png

chapter7j.png

The incredible victory against the Vandals only proved that the Gods were behind us completely. The victory benefited our nation in two ways. First, our nation became very stable with our people backing us all the way. Second, the Vandals were so devastated with the loss that they agreed to cede much of their territory.

chapter7f.png

chapter7l.png

Just before we can celebrate our victory, bad news came from the Goths. They apparently couldn't handle the fact that we were more prestigious and have a badder reputation than them. While this wasn't unexpected, we still weren't completely ready to take on the Goths. We may have expanded but odds were still not in our favour. Our king began looking for another ally and another nation to conquer.

chapter7m.png

chapter7n.png

World map :D

Here's the world that the Langobards knows and actually cares about. Rome is still in one piece, if that's what you're asking.

lommap1.png

It will take Rome awhile to fall. The game that I played as a barbarian state from England they hadn't collapsed well into the 600's when I lost interest as my troops sucked in comparison to theirs.

It's hard to tell with the many similar colors EU3 uses for nations... but is Rome expanding into Denmark? If they are, that could be disturbing.

It will take Rome awhile to fall. The game that I played as a barbarian state from England they hadn't collapsed well into the 600's when I lost interest as my troops sucked in comparison to theirs.

I hope that won't be the case in my game. I don't want to face an unstoppable Rome.

It's hard to tell with the many similar colors EU3 uses for nations... but is Rome expanding into Denmark? If they are, that could be disturbing.

I don't think they have the colonial range to reach Denmark. The red nation north of Teutons is Angles and they are barbaric. I doubt Rome can reach Denmark before me, at least I hope not.

subscribed
looks like you may have to nibble on Rome's northern border a little?

Chapter 8 - Recovering From War

chapter8a.png

With the addition of the new lands, people of the Vandal culture were accepted as a part of our nation. Our nation was the home to people from three different cultures: Lombards, Frisians and Vandals. Despite our differences, we found we had many in common. We, under the same Gods, were all fighting for our own survival. We faced the same challenges and could only overcome through war. Our king began to realize what Langobards must accomplish. To unite all the barbaric nations against the Romans. At the moment, the barbaric nations were scattered and weak. Each individual nation could not hope to take on the might of Rome. Yet, there could be a chance if all these nations can band together. Since that epiphany, our king have set that goal in stone. It says:

"Brothers! We are the Germanic tribes that have migrated here to live and thrive. We were content with our life until the Romans came. They called us barbarians and aimed to wipe us out. They wanted our land so they can become more powerful. We will not stand idle while this enemy seeks to destroy us. We must band together against this common foe. Unfortunately, we are divided. We are weak when we are divided. Therefore, the future kings of Langobards are given a duty. A duty to unite the Germanic tribes. We are chosen by the Gods to accomplish great things. It may take many generations but we will succeed. We will show the other Germanic tribes that we are capable of leading a power that rivals the Romans. They may choose to be our subjects in return for protection. Or we will show them through war that they are weak and vulnerable. Either way, we will succeed in uniting our people. We will succeed in rivaling the Romans. And maybe, just maybe, we will take down the mighty Rome and create our own empire!"

Our king had a great vision and the people all supported him. However, we had lots of challenges ahead of us. With the Goths broken our alliance, we were once again a lone nation. We needed an ally to cover our back. An ally we could rely on in times of need and vice versa. There were two viable options north of us: the Teutons and the Saxons. Our recent royal marriage with the Teutons proved to strengthen the relations of our two nations as the Teutons agreed to our alliance. The Saxons, on the other hand, felt that we weren't good enough for them. Our king vowed to teach them a lesson someday.

chapter8c.png

The new alliance would help our nation greatly but we had a problem plaguing our nation at the moment. The war against the Vandals was a great success but it did come at a heavy cost. We may have won many great battles but we lost many men as well. As we replenished our troops, our manpower began going down. Now that the war is over, we found out that we have depleted our manpower pool. In other words, we are quite vulnerable to an attack. With no way to replenish our troops quickly, we would be at the enemy's mercy. Our new alliance will definitely help but we still needed to rely on ourselves. Our king saw the need for peace and decided to avoid any actions that would attract unwanted attention.

chapter8b.png

To avoid war, our king decided to take a more diplomatic path. He hoped to get on the good side of the other nations to avoid unnecessary conflicts. As he was preparing generous gifts to other nations, news of the death of the Teuton king has reached him. Our king wanted to send his condolences to the Teutons but, apparently, they have a more pressing matter at hand. The Teuton king had no heir and its people worried that nobles will tear the nation apart to gain control. The cousin sent the Teuton for the royal marriage now asked our king to rule over both nations. Despite initial hesitation, our king knew that such a move would benefit both nation. Thus, our king now ruled over both Langobards and Teutons.

chapter8d.png

Our king felt it was the right time to shift our nation to more centralization. He felt that Langobards will benefit more with the king having more control the provinces. Yet, there were nobles and pretenders that saw this move as a infringement on their power. They rose up in hopes of overthrowing our king. The winds weren't favourable for them. Our king, after many great victories, is now supported by the majority. They, a minority, were merely viewed as petty rebels and our king had no trouble putting them down. With the new policies taking effect due to the centralization, our nation began to see a rise in income.

chapter8f.png

In the distant land known as Egypt, we received news of rebellions against the Romans. Apparently, the people there succeeded in liberating a few provinces and currently fighting for their independence. We prayed for their success.

chapter8g.png

Chapter 9 - Death of a Great King

chapter9a.png

A group of elders were ordered to meet the king. When they arrived, the king's advisor was already there.

"My king, you summoned us?"

"I have. I'm afraid there isn't much time left. I better keep this meeting short."

"My king, you don't look so well. Maybe another time."

"I told you I don't have much time left."

The king began coughing up blood.

"Elders, please let the king speak. I fear his time is indeed up."

"Advisor, you should be summoning the medic. Why are you wasting time here babbling to us?"

"Don't blame him, elders. The medics cannot cure me of my illness. Enough of this. I need to name a successor. My daughter, Giovanna, is the best candidate to being the next ruler of Langobards. I know that some people in our nation refuse to see a queen ruling over them. I hope none of you would oppose my decision."

"My king. I, as the head of the elders, support you all the way. Your wisdom have made our nation great and we continue to believe in your decisions. Rest well knowing that we will see your daughter take the throne. Of course, she is still young."

"That is fine. My advisor has devised an idea called the regency council where you elders and him will rule over the nation until my daughter come of age. Please guide her well."

With those last words, the first king of Langobards has passed away at the age of 34 in the year 25 AD.

The news of the king's death and the new successor spread across the nation like wildfire. People began mourning for their great king. Under their king, Langobards expanded and nearly doubled in size while also having the Teutons under her wing. While many people mourned, one man was planning his elaborate scheme. This man, his name long forgotten, has been planning for this day for a long time. With the six thousand men under his command, he decided to usurp the ruler position by force. Little did he knew that the former king has seen this coming before his death. 22 thousand men ambushed the pretender's army and annihilated. The pretender was then taken before the public and beheaded. Following the execution, there wasn't anyone that dared to challenge the succession of the future queen of Langobards.

Looks like a very interesting AAR. Not a mod I'm familiar with, and those are some very ambitious goals. It will be very interesting to see how long Rome lasts.