• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is a quirk.

You can set all your domes that are not supposed to take in tourists to reject tourists by downthumbing the quirk in the filters.

Then you build a tourist dome in a nice vista location, put enough housing, open air gyms and parks for comfort inside, place a stockpile of food outside the airlock and place a landing pad next to it. Then you call a rocket there and tell it to take tourists. Set Tourists as the preferred quirk in the tourist dome‘s filter. Also prefer unspecialized people and reject any other profession. Tourists are always unspecialized. It also helps to reject children and seniors, since tourists most often are young, adult or middle aged.

For your convenience you should consider using the mod „automated tourism“.

Unless you have the breakthrough for automated service buildings, you don‘t need to provide them for tourists. Their comfort will be high enough, even with no service building inside their „resort dome“.

I usually go with one basic dome, 1 arcology, three basic living quarters, two parks and one open air gym for a tourist dome. Works like a charm.

DansonDelta40
Everything is completely wrong. This is a random trait. Possible for all ages and professions.
Therefore, the best option is a separate profession. Then they will immediately determine.

Well. I don't know what to tell you: The measures mentioned above worked like a charm for me. All the tourists I ever got were unspecialized, so I assumed that they always were. But even so, if you leave out the age and profession filter and just reject tourists in every dome that is not your tourist dome, and follow the other guidelines above, you'll get a working tourism dome up and running.

Worked for me.

Your complaint was that tourists cannot be conveniently filtered, because tourist is not a profession... but you can just as conveniently filter them out by putting a thumb down on the quirk "tourist" in every dome that shall not take them in, and putting a thumb up in your designated tourist dome. Convenient enough for me. I don't see the difference between rejecting/requesting a profession or a quirk. Works the same way in both cases.

You'll never get tourists as a separate profession, because development on this game is finished. So the only way you can get tourism working is as I described above - minus the age/profession filter, perhaps.

Last edited:
Glad I could help. I'm afraid the devs would not even consider the original request, even if they were still in development... because essentially, they'd just be moving a button from one sub menu to another. The functionality of any filter button is essentially identical, whether you filter by traits, flaws, professions, age, quirks etc.

I don't think they'd find fulfilling such a request worth their time. You'd have more chance of success asking a talented modder with a lot of spare time to do it for you. Maybe ask Choggi_2, he seems to be up to the task. He has already made a lot of mini mods that add functions and options that were previously unavailable.