Tourists disappear when visiting some buildings

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Draganus

Private
4 Badges
Sep 11, 2023
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
When tourists visit some buildings, they disappear. Normal citizens teleport home when they visit something. Those buildings have no visitors as the game shows me. I'll take some screenshots to understand better my issue.
attractiveness.png
visitors.png
tourists .png
atractiveness.png
t1.png
t2.png
c.png
C2.png

Attachments

• visitors.png
    visitors.png
    3,7 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
>> some buildings

The barbershop located right next to the meat pie shop on Fleet street? That's to be expected. It's probably great for traffic though. Take your wins where you can get them.

Reactions:
>> some buildings

The barbershop located right next to the meat pie shop on Fleet street? That's to be expected. It's probably great for traffic though. Take your wins where you can get them.
Sorry, I cant understand. As you can see, tourists have interest in those some buildings(they come with airplanes, trains etc), but they disappear or go back home(if they are citizens) while visiting.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry, I cant understand. As you can see, tourists have interest in those some buildings(they come with airplanes, trains etc), but they disappear or go back home(if they are citizens) while visiting.
Dude, Google Sweeney Todd.

As for your issue, that's just how the game has been programmed, tourists will just go after a set time and that'll lead to a despawn rather than time-wasting going back to the airport or the harbour.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dude, Google Sweeney Todd.

As for your issue, that's just how the game has been programmed, tourists will just go after a set time and that'll lead to a despawn rather than time-wasting going back to the airport or the harbour.
Ok, but then why does the game show me that I have no tourists at those buildings.

No, tony was on his way (in the first screenshot with him), he reached that 1x1 people generato" , he turned, advanced towards it, and right after the game shows me that Tony visits it, he despawns(i mean he teleports underground and gets confused or something like that, as you can see in the second screen shot with him.)

No, tony was on his way (in the first screenshot with him), he reached that 1x1 people generato" , he turned, advanced towards it, and right after the game shows me that Tony visits it, he despawns(i mean he teleports underground and gets confused or something like that, as you can see in the second screen shot with him.)
That happens for tourists, citizens teleport home right after the game show me that they visit those landmarks

That happens for tourists, citizens teleport home right after the game show me that they visit those landmarks

You do have mods (user generated content), so things may behave differently than expected (confused cim).

Yes, local citizens (agents) teleport home when they can't finish their routes on time. This can cause complaints (unhappiness) if something was needed at the destination that they didn't make on time.

But tourist don't live in your city, they live at the outside connection, so when they run out of time, they will teleport to the outside connection (which is there home).

The tourist's only job is to roam your city streets and return home when they spend all of their money.

But everything seems to be behaving as expected.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You do have mods (user generated content), so things may behave differently than expected (confused cim).

Yes, local citizens (agents) teleport home when they can't finish their routes on time. This can cause complaints (unhappiness) if something was needed at the destination that they didn't make on time.

But tourist don't live in your city, they live at the outside connection, so when they run out of time, they will teleport to the outside connection (which is there home).

The tourist's only job is to roam your city streets and return home when they spend all of their money.

But everything seems to be behaving as expected.
Do you know any specific mod that can cause that? I can t say that my city has low happiness, but I had higher in the past

It takes a lot of complaints to cause any significant unhappiness. It is usually caused by compounded different problems until it starts complaining enough to cause abandonment.

The only mod I know of is the "No Problem" mod that prevents unhappiness. I use it for fixing someone else's city, so I can diagnose it properly, or at least semi-fix most problems, until I remove the mod and fix all of the other minor issues.