• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

darviathar

First Lieutenant
97 Badges
Mar 26, 2002
Visit site
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Heir to the Throne
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Spring, 1941...time to sick Kurt Student and his paratroopers on Crete. Problem is, that PARADROP MISSION does not appear in the option list for a transport with paratroopers loaded on to it. There is a button on the transport display (while in a friendly province) that says paratroops on board, click to unload. However, it does nothing.

I am trying to play the Germans as "historically accurate" as possible, and this is holding me up big-time :(

darviathar said:
Spring, 1941...time to sick Kurt Student and his paratroopers on Crete. Problem is, that PARADROP MISSION does not appear in the option list for a transport with paratroopers loaded on to it. There is a button on the transport display (while in a friendly province) that says paratroops on board, click to unload. However, it does nothing.

I am trying to play the Germans as "historically accurate" as possible, and this is holding me up big-time :(

Your transports need to be at full ORG to conduct a paradrop mission. You also can't unload paratroops until your transports are at full ORG either.

JRaup said:
Your transports need to be at full ORG to conduct a paradrop mission. You also can't unload paratroops until your transports are at full ORG either.

Yah, that's a 1.05 thing as opposed to a C.O.R.E. thing. It's to prevent exploiting paratroopers. You used to be able to paradrop onto a province, have them go back into the transport and then paradrop again and again

Semi-Lobster said:
Yah, that's a 1.05 thing as opposed to a C.O.R.E. thing. It's to prevent exploiting paratroopers. You used to be able to paradrop onto a province, have them go back into the transport and then paradrop again and again

Yeah, I like that idea. Those transports are prohibitively expensive, and the idea of dropping 12 para divisions behind lines with 2 or 3 of them simply isn't fair.