• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Osirfa

Recruit
Jun 14, 2017
This is a bug that made me instantly stop playing the game...

Every item and abillity in the game are gone unless you restart the game.

Its even the compare feature...so I dont really feel like playing until this is fixed...

Upvote 0
Hello all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and adding the extra info you have seen in regards to it so far. We are actively looking into solutions for this. If you have found any way to consistently reproduce the issue (or an event that always causes it to occur) please let us know here. That would be most helpful to getting this fixed quickly.

I am very sorry that this bug is affecting you all, we are working to fix it as quickly as possible.
David

This is affecting me as well. It seems to happen after a few minutes of normal gameplay, no matter what I do. Exiting and re-opening the game brings them back, but the tooltips disappear again after a few minutes.

This is particularly problematic with gems (you can't right click to get more information) and in-battle buffs and debuffs.

Let me know if there's anything else you need. As it turns out, not having these tooltips makes Tyranny very unfun for me, and I don't think I can finish without them.

Happens very frequent for me, have to constantly restart the game. Fix plz rito :p

EDIT: Definitely feels combat related. Seems to happen after an encounter a lot of times.

EDIT2: Okay, it happened for me in a town completely unrelated to combat. Still have no idea then.

Last edited:
So I have also had the tooltips randomly start working again. Like they broke and then some amount of time later, for no obvious reason, started working again until they broke once again, this time never working again. This all took place in one sitting, no restarts and no tampering with settings. Just normal gameplay. It only happened the one time but I figured I may as well mention it on the off chance it helps figure out the issue.

Update:
Much thanks to the additional information you've provided for us, we have managed found what is causing the issue to occur and are working towards solving it as quickly as possible.
We'll keep you updated on how the progress goes - stay tuned!

Seems like maybe something to do with Eb's Mothers Breath attack/ability? Seems to be happening every battle she uses it. Excellent that you guys have a handle on it though.

Having the same issue. Played for 5mins or so in combat and tooltips disappeared. Came back about 2mins later on their own without me changing anything. Then disappeared again.

Last edited:
Just got back into to this game and this is a very annoying bug. Close to game breaking on scale. I have replicated this issue on 3 pc's on 3 different resolutions. I have also attempted anything and everything to resolve the issue in game without restarting and nothing has worked. IE.. adjusting the tool tip delay, changing the UI font scale, alt tab, changing res. Seems the only fix is either random in game (which I suspect occurs during cell change) or re-launching client. (guaranteed fix)

I've not been able to narrow down a specific area or event in which this occurs.
I generally notice it after a period of prolonged combat when reviewing gear upgrades and suddenly no info on loot.
I can confirm it occurs on Windows 7 and Windows 10 if that helps at all.
*edit one thing of note.. when the bug does occur, when you mouse over the spells for example, instead of the tool tip you get an in-game expression of the event, such as the radius of the spell in question. Like its confused as to which state its in. Perma-locked into a hard left click event.

I was hoping this game had a menu option that several MMO's do such as "hold shift hover mouse over present" to force tool tip data but I found no such item. Or a "console reloadui" function that I could use in the console but my lack of knowledge on code for unity I'm not sure about this one. Please fix this asap, amazing game guys and this bug is really painful.

Last edited:
Update:
Much thanks to the additional information you've provided for us, we have managed found what is causing the issue to occur and are working towards solving it as quickly as possible.
We'll keep you updated on how the progress goes - stay tuned!

Seeing how you seem to have identified the root cause, are there any steps players can take to avoid being affected ?

For example say it's tied to Eb's abilities as theorised in the other thread, just tell us and we can decide whether we want to play with Eb or with tooltips ;)

Is Obsidian going to hotfix this or are they waiting to bundle several fixes in a row ?
Hint, this is a very impactful issue, as in it doesn't make the game unplayable but it breaks core features (being able to see buffs, debuffs, ability scores, quick selling items at a glance...), and seeing how it impacts a lot of people I can totally see it getting its own, quick hotfix.

Cheers.

I am curious. I know the Devs have said they have found the cause and are working on a fix. Assuming the fix is finished quickly (I know this can be a large assumption), can we expect a minor update to fix this before the release of Bastard's Wound or are we going to have to wait for a large patch for it to be bundled into?

I've been attempting to replay the last few days. The lack of tool tips really hurts, especially since it hides the lore tooltips as well. To say nothing of the items that can't be right clicked to display more information. I'm lucky that I have a SSD for my primary PC, so reloading to Main Menu isn't that bad, but it does mean that I can really only play on my desktop.

I am curious. I know the Devs have said they have found the cause and are working on a fix. Assuming the fix is finished quickly (I know this can be a large assumption), can we expect a minor update to fix this before the release of Bastard's Wound or are we going to have to wait for a large patch for it to be bundled into?

I've been attempting to replay the last few days. The lack of tool tips really hurts, especially since it hides the lore tooltips as well. To say nothing of the items that can't be right clicked to display more information. I'm lucky that I have a SSD for my primary PC, so reloading to Main Menu isn't that bad, but it does mean that I can really only play on my desktop.

My guess is that we will see a bug fix patch for the most damaging and common bugs before the next big content update. I don't think they can really afford to wait until then given how widespread and/or gamebreaking some of these bugs are. Plus Obsidian has been quite willing to release dedicated bug fix patches in the past. Pillars of Eternity got a small patch fixing some minor issues just last week (though Unity makes even small patches into a large download sadly). Given that these issues are more pressing than those by far, I'd expect a patch fairly soon (soon being relative here, I know that every day dealing with these bugs feels too long).

Personal insults, accusations of trolling, disrespect for other users and for game developers are ALL banned on these forums.

Constructive criticism of games is welcome, slander and accusations of bad faith are not.

I'm leaving this thread open despite all that, but this behaviour stops NOW or people will receive further serious infractions.

Numerous off-topic and insulting posts deleted.

Seeing how you seem to have identified the root cause, are there any steps players can take to avoid being affected ?

For example say it's tied to Eb's abilities as theorised in the other thread, just tell us and we can decide whether we want to play with Eb or with tooltips ;)

Just to comment on this. If Eb IS causing it, it is not exclusive to her. I am not currently using her in my party for my current run through, and am still having problems. Currently running with Lantry, Siren, and Barik. So I can absolutely rule out Eb as sole reason for the bug.