• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, when you edit the spreadsheet you also enter the name of the barony, county, duchy, etc.. Some names need an article eg "The Lost River". Since the game now properly handles articles by giving it an extra loc key the article would thus be converted into that extra loc key and not become part of the main loc key, which would only be "Lost River".
How is this done, modding wise? Do you mean the property "definite_form"?

I don't think it is tied to definite_form. Definite_form simply prevents the title from showing as "Kingdom of..." or "Duchy of...". A check box for this could be good as well though. :)

I think it is as simple as adding the following to title localization files (of course replacing the k_papel_state with the title name in question):
Code:
k_papel_state_article:0 "the "

Last edited:
Really looks as if there is not enough memory available. Please try to give it even more memory via editing the .bat file. Sometimes OutOfMemoryErrors are caused by infinite loops, but that appears not to be the case here.
I increased the memory to 5120 and I'm still getting the same error. Takes a minute or two for the error to come up now as well.

The tool generates vanilla culture files, that means it creates for example a latin.txt or however is it called, in the cultures file. The file is empty, as this was how stuff worked before 1.4. Now we have replace path, thus it is no longer necessary, how can I stop this from happening ?

The tool generates vanilla culture files, that means it creates for example a latin.txt or however is it called, in the cultures file. The file is empty, as this was how stuff worked before 1.4. Now we have replace path, thus it is no longer necessary, how can I stop this from happening ?
I need to update the map filler tool to not do that anymore. I was notified that the bug ticket for replace_path has been finally taken care of but I didn't come around to release a tool version that does reflect that.

• 1Love
Reactions:
I need to update the map filler tool to not do that anymore. I was notified that the bug ticket for replace_path has been finally taken care of but I didn't come around to release a tool version that does reflect that.
I hope everything goes to plan! Can't wait for the next update. Have you thought about my ideas to make it possible for us to add our own holding types ?

Correction:
I've actually prepared for this and added the config setting removeVanilla.
Setting that to false will disable the generating of empty vanilla files (in order to remove that content from the modded game:

blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "bookmarks");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "culture", "cultures");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "dynasties");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "dynasty_houses");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "religion", "religions");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "religion", "holy_sites");

// all of history
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "history", "characters");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(false, "history", "cultures");
// blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "history", "province_mapping");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "history", "provinces");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(false, "history", "titles");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(false, "history", "wars");

It also disables the generation of empty map masks gfx/map/terrain which might still be needed on an initial run of the map filler tool.

I will, however, remove this option in the next release as this blanking out functionality is not needed anymore with a working replace_path option.

Correction:
I've actually prepared for this and added the config setting removeVanilla.
Setting that to false will disable the generating of empty vanilla files (in order to remove that content from the modded game:

blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "bookmarks");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "culture", "cultures");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "dynasties");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "dynasty_houses");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "religion", "religions");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "common", "religion", "holy_sites");

// all of history
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "history", "characters");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(false, "history", "cultures");
// blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "history", "province_mapping");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(true, "history", "provinces");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(false, "history", "titles");
blankOutTxtFilesInFolder(false, "history", "wars");

It also disables the generation of empty map masks gfx/map/terrain which might still be needed on an initial run of the map filler tool.

I will, however, remove this option in the next release as this blanking out functionality is not needed anymore with a working replace_path option.
Oooh good to know ! I was counter-intuitive about that setting, thinking it had to be true (removeVanilla = no Vanilla generated files xD)

I'm running into a problem that seems to be caused by having some incorrect version of Java installed. I have the most recent version, and also made sure I had 13 specifically installed when I first encountered the issue. Looking through this thread I found a similar issue in some of the earlier comments, but I'm having trouble understanding how to fix it.

C:\Users\midni\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\Unum Restitutam\CK3Tools-1.3.1A>java -Xmx256m -jar CK3Tools.jar kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: kld/ck3tools/mapfiller/ConvertXlsToProvinces has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Based on the earlier post the issue seems to be an incorrect version of Java, as shown in this post (I seem to still be running Java SE 8)

You are running JRE 8 in the console
  • Java SE 14 = 58
  • Java SE 13 = 57
  • Java SE 12 = 56 (0x38 hex)
  • Java SE 11 = 55 (0x37 hex)
  • Java SE 10 = 54
  • Java SE 9 = 53
  • Java SE 8 = 52
  • Java SE 7 = 51
  • Java SE 6.0 = 50
  • Java SE 5.0 = 49
  • JDK 1.4 = 48
  • JDK 1.3 = 47
  • JDK 1.2 = 46
  • JDK 1.1 = 45
The JRE used in the cmd console counts (and needs to be JRE 13). For running this you don't need a JDK at all. Should work if you remove the JRE 8 from your PATH environment variable and replace it with the PATH for JRE 13 (from inside of the jdk folder).

Lots of info on this particular issue on google:

The following advice involved JDKs, JREs, and /bin folders, and unfortunately all of that went right over my head. I don't have much experience working with Java or coding in general, so please forgive me if I'm missing something very basic here. What do I have to do to correct this issue and get the map filler tool to work?

Yes, indeed. The game has an extra localization entry provided for those titles to deal with the articles:

d_cherven_cities_article:0 "the "
d_cherven_cities:0 "Cherven Cities"
d_cherven_cities_adj:0 "Cherven"

Could we also have a column for geographical regions?

Thanks!

How does the county_to_barony thing work? For me it does nothing other than giving me this when starting it:

C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\_mapFiller>java -Xmx256m -jar CK3Tools.jar kld.ck3tools.util.CountyToBaronyMap
ProvincesPng{file=C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\map_data\provinces.png, width=8192, height=4096}
provinceDef.xls read from: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\_mapFiller\provinceDef.xls
1 | 12 | 255 | 0 | Gotenhem | test | Halde | Ansing | Over-Ansing |
2 | 9 | 193 | 0 | Malke | test | Halde | Ansing | Over-Ansing |
3 | 9 | 183 | 0 | Haesvald | test | Halde | Ansing | Over-Ansing |
4 | 7 | 150 | 0 | Nickeling | test | Halde | Ansing | Over-Ansing |
5 | 211 | 197 | 0 | Donoerhem | test | Halde | Ansing | Neder-Ansing |
6 | 188 | 176 | 0 | Otvard | test | Halde | Ansing | Neder-Ansing |
7 | 191 | 181 | 0 | Usling | test | Halde | Ansing | Neder-Ansing |
8 | 168 | 157 | 0 | Hilthehem | test | Halde | Ansing | Neder-Ansing |
9 | 0 | 191 | 181 | Cux | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vende |
10 | 0 | 142 | 133 | Hostun | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vende |
11 | 0 | 160 | 149 | Dolknar | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vende |
12 | 0 | 188 | 172 | Hirdeshem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vende |
13 | 191 | 28 | 0 | Tollsne | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Ninsbarg |
14 | 181 | 24 | 0 | Kampe | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Ninsbarg |
15 | 150 | 20 | 0 | Ötehem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Ninsbarg |
16 | 157 | 172 | 181 | Haldeshem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vehrda |
17 | 139 | 152 | 160 | Jölpethem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vehrda |
18 | 124 | 135 | 142 | Heppenhem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vehrda |
19 | 127 | 87 | 127 | Halpnach | test | Halde | Visvald | Estel |
20 | 107 | 73 | 107 | Gelpa | test | Halde | Visvald | Estel |
21 | 150 | 103 | 150 | Üppeling | test | Halde | Visvald | Estel |
22 | 174 | 120 | 174 | Selshem | test | Halde | Visvald | Estel |
23 | 255 | 155 | 0 | Jente | test | Halde | Visvald | Sücking |
24 | 196 | 117 | 0 | Rosvald | test | Halde | Visvald | Sücking |
25 | 229 | 137 | 0 | Uppershem | test | Halde | Visvald | Sücking |
line ignored: "B|"
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\localization\english\titles_l_english.yml (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:216)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:157)
at java.base/java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:120)
at kld.ck3tools.files.localization.TitleLocalizations.loadLocalisation(TitleLocalizations.java:42)
at kld.ck3tools.files.localization.TitleLocalizations.loadLocalisations(TitleLocalizations.java:30)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.generate(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:212)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.main(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:162)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\bookmark (Zugriff verweigert)
at kld.ck3tools.files.localization.TitleLocalizations.loadLocalisation(TitleLocalizations.java:42)
at kld.ck3tools.files.localization.TitleLocalizations.loadLocalisations(TitleLocalizations.java:30)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.generate(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:219)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.main(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:162)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\culture (Zugriff verweigert)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.generate(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:219)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\dynasties (Zugriff verweigert)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\religion (Zugriff verweigert)
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\00_mapfiller_titles_l_english.yml
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\00_mapfiller_cultural_titles_l_english.yml
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\common\province_terrain\00_province_terrain.txt
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\common\province_terrain\01_province_properties.txt
EXISTING: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\common\religion\holy_sites\01_holy_sites.txt
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\common\landed_titles\01_landed_titles.txt
EXISTING: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\map_data\geographical_region.txt
Successfully finished!

C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\_mapFiller>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

Why is the access to the mod files denied? And why can't it find the titles_l_english even though it is inside that folder?
Please help!

How does the county_to_barony thing work? For me it does nothing other than giving me this when starting it:

C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\_mapFiller>java -Xmx256m -jar CK3Tools.jar kld.ck3tools.util.CountyToBaronyMap
ProvincesPng{file=C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\map_data\provinces.png, width=8192, height=4096}
provinceDef.xls read from: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\_mapFiller\provinceDef.xls
1 | 12 | 255 | 0 | Gotenhem | test | Halde | Ansing | Over-Ansing |
2 | 9 | 193 | 0 | Malke | test | Halde | Ansing | Over-Ansing |
3 | 9 | 183 | 0 | Haesvald | test | Halde | Ansing | Over-Ansing |
4 | 7 | 150 | 0 | Nickeling | test | Halde | Ansing | Over-Ansing |
5 | 211 | 197 | 0 | Donoerhem | test | Halde | Ansing | Neder-Ansing |
6 | 188 | 176 | 0 | Otvard | test | Halde | Ansing | Neder-Ansing |
7 | 191 | 181 | 0 | Usling | test | Halde | Ansing | Neder-Ansing |
8 | 168 | 157 | 0 | Hilthehem | test | Halde | Ansing | Neder-Ansing |
9 | 0 | 191 | 181 | Cux | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vende |

10 | 0 | 142 | 133 | Hostun | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vende |
11 | 0 | 160 | 149 | Dolknar | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vende |
12 | 0 | 188 | 172 | Hirdeshem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vende |
13 | 191 | 28 | 0 | Tollsne | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Ninsbarg |
14 | 181 | 24 | 0 | Kampe | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Ninsbarg |
15 | 150 | 20 | 0 | Ötehem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Ninsbarg |
16 | 157 | 172 | 181 | Haldeshem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vehrda |
17 | 139 | 152 | 160 | Jölpethem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vehrda |
18 | 124 | 135 | 142 | Heppenhem | test | Halde | Meddel-Halde | Vehrda |
19 | 127 | 87 | 127 | Halpnach | test | Halde | Visvald | Estel |
20 | 107 | 73 | 107 | Gelpa | test | Halde | Visvald | Estel |
21 | 150 | 103 | 150 | Üppeling | test | Halde | Visvald | Estel |
22 | 174 | 120 | 174 | Selshem | test | Halde | Visvald | Estel |
23 | 255 | 155 | 0 | Jente | test | Halde | Visvald | Sücking |
24 | 196 | 117 | 0 | Rosvald | test | Halde | Visvald | Sücking |
25 | 229 | 137 | 0 | Uppershem | test | Halde | Visvald | Sücking |
line ignored: "B|"
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\localization\english\titles_l_english.yml (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.generate(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:212)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\bookmark (Zugriff verweigert)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\culture (Zugriff verweigert)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\dynasties (Zugriff verweigert)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\religion (Zugriff verweigert)
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\00_mapfiller_titles_l_english.yml
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\localization\english\00_mapfiller_cultural_titles_l_english.yml
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\common\province_terrain\00_province_terrain.txt
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\common\province_terrain\01_province_properties.txt
EXISTING: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\common\religion\holy_sites\01_holy_sites.txt
Wrote C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\common\landed_titles\01_landed_titles.txt
EXISTING: C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\map_data\geographical_region.txt
Successfully finished!

C:\Users\Flo\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\tcm\_mapFiller>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

Why is the access to the mod files denied? And why can't it find the titles_l_english even though it is inside that folder?
Please help!
Kannst du im Windows Explorer mal
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\localization\english\titles_l_english.yml
reinkopieren?

Heißt idR dass die Datei nicht an genau der Stelle liegt.

I've run into a problem generating geographical_regions.txt correctly. It might be an error, or it might just be me doing things wrong. ;)

I have the following in config.properties:
Code:
world_blessed_isle=c_crane,c_sdoia,c_xoyah,c_lamkaet,c_jinhou,d_incas,d_luo_han,d_grayfair,d_shesazu,k_anktor,k_dragonswrath,k_wrongfoot,k_dao,k_serpents_tooth,k_dragons_nest,k_wandering_prayer
world_western_blessed_isle=d_ventus,k_dao,k_serpents_tooth

The generated geographical_region.txt looks like this:
Code:
world_blessed_isle = {
    duchies = {
         # Anktor
         d_juche d_numinous_rolling_wave d_vane d_xinmen 
         # Dao
         d_myion d_falling_rain d_justiciar d_plains_of_rusted_iron d_wading_crane_rookery 
         # Dragon's Nest
         d_lords_crossing d_dejis d_graycall d_nurva_plains d_shadowed_coast d_ventus 
         # Dragonswrath
         d_empress_mercy d_dragonwrath_desert d_hajuba d_kusia d_qinyuan d_radimels_seat d_silken_flowers 
         # Serpent's Tooth
         d_voice_of_the_tides d_ahbrem d_ayreon d_eagle d_fields_of_rue d_moja d_panjiang d_storm_coast d_tongma_archipelago d_yuanhou 
         # Wandering Prayer
         d_pangu d_blue_flag d_dragons_blanket d_sanqu d_white_coast d_xianyu_coast 
         # Wrongfoot
         d_arjuf d_damson d_karala d_paeon d_tarpan_wastes 
    }
}
world_western_blessed_isle = {
    duchies = {
         # Dao
         d_myion d_falling_rain d_justiciar d_plains_of_rusted_iron d_wading_crane_rookery 
         # Serpent's Tooth
         d_voice_of_the_tides d_ahbrem d_ayreon d_eagle d_fields_of_rue d_moja d_panjiang d_storm_coast d_tongma_archipelago d_yuanhou 
    }
}

It seems only the kingdoms are added to geographical_regions.txt. The counties and duchies I've added in config.properties isn't.

Reactions:
You are right, my region-implementation only does duchies. Will be fixed in the next version :)
Nice. It would be great if it supported adding regions as well as titles. That way it would be easier to make makroregions, and I think the game supports it. I'm not at home right now, so I can't check it.

I'm having an issue that might be related to the Map Filler (but most likely is some other error on my part). I have two provinces with the correct names and placement in the title hierarchy, but they have the wrong culture and religion. The circled counties below should be Dune People but are Dajazi for some reason.

2022_08_26_4.png
2022_08_26_3.png

This is my provincedef:

provincedef.png

This is from the province history:

Code:
###c_yablah
3266 = {    # Yablah
    culture = dune_people
    religion = dune_people_faith
    holding = tribal_holding
}
3267 = {    # Dusklight
    holding = none
}
3268 = {    # Ta'irib
    holding = none
}

###c_duskland
3269 = {    # Duskland
    culture = dune_people
    religion = dune_people_faith
    holding = tribal_holding
}
3270 = {    # Caverock
    holding = none
}
3271 = {    # Mobishah
    holding = none
}

The province ID's seem unique, and I've looked at province.bmp, and it doesn't seem to be a case of overlapping RGB colors with other provinces. So it is somewhat of a mystery to me...

1668686197421.png

Hello. I've started trying to use the mapfiller tool over the last several hours, but it seems that it isn't working with Java well?
I went to Oracle and installed Java 13, twice now. Although even going to cmd "java -version" yields nothing to tell me the version, and instead tells me that it is an invalid command- as seen above.
Config is set as
moddirectory=C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\ArisenFromEden
installdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\game

Any ideas to help?

Thank you very much.

View attachment 912100

Hello. I've started trying to use the mapfiller tool over the last several hours, but it seems that it isn't working with Java well?
I went to Oracle and installed Java 13, twice now. Although even going to cmd "java -version" yields nothing to tell me the version, and instead tells me that it is an invalid command- as seen above.
Config is set as
moddirectory=C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\ArisenFromEden
installdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\game

Any ideas to help?

Thank you very much.
Okay, so I did get through the paths in environmental variables in order for CMD to run and show me as having Java 13. However, now I am having another issue.
1668721587402.png

This pops up when I try to run mapfiller. CK3Tools, the JAR file, is in the folder. When I try to run as admin, however, it tells me that I am unable to access the JAR file. I looked on earlier in the thread and saw an issue with this regarding having the wrong version of JAVA in the console, but I can't see any other paths leading to another version of JAVA. I'm not sure what the issue is here, and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.