• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A question to Joror or any other more experienced user: Is there anything I can do when the model appears correctly in the preview (with textures etc.) but the geometry is distorted in game? Already exported to .collada and mesh and the problem remains.

Is it possible to get this to look into existing .xac files? I'd like to try and make a custom frame for a map but I have no idea what the scope/size of the in game frame is and being able to reference the original would be a huge help.

I get how to convert from EU4 (mesh) to dea (tho blender messes up as Y is up when in blender Z is up), but I cannot get it to extract from CK2 (xac). Doing it wrong or doesn't work yet?

Last edited:
I'm exporting model for which i want to use Ck2 skeleton for english archer.
Currently I'm exporting it with Armature that belongs to english archers which leads to model being strangly rotated along with armature.
Is there any special thing to do here?

Sad that this was not made more use of, or if I'm wrong, what mods use custom models?

I'm looking for someone who would like to make mounted Native American models for a mod I'm currently making for the After The End mod for CK2. It's an overhaul and expansion of the Plains tribes and I need some warbonneted warriors on horses. The EUIV skins would work just fine if that's possible, or redoing some existing horse archers and lancers.

Hello @Joror , and @Skyllio and thank you for this mod.
I am currently trying to mod in a new mesh for the game March of the Eagles. Apparently it's closest to CK2 or EU3 DW.
I got the model I wanted, saved it from blender, opened it in Jorodox, converted it to a .mesh, and then copied over some square .dds images to apply the diffuse, normal and specular textures, as seen here:

Untitled.png

I didn't specify a normal map because it doesn't seem to make a difference. I also used the PdxMeshStandard for the shader. Then I went ahead and clicked "Save mesh changes to file".

I copied the mesh into the game and it appears on the map, but it's completely black and has no textures:

unknown.png

I changed the PdxShaders from the list, but anything else I select just makes the unit completely invisible. Then I went into the game's gfx/fx/pdxlua.fx, and I found a list of techniques, including one of them called "technique PdxMeshStandardSkinned". The other one was the "PdxMeshStandard" and a third one which when used also made the units inviisble.

I changed PDX shader to "other" and I set it to use "technique PdxMeshStandardSkinned". In game, the units actually somewhat show up, but they're simply a ghostly shadowy outline of where the APC should be. Also, unlike with PdxmeshStandard, the game doesn't ignore the animations, so I can see the black shadows "walking" around which is pretty funny.

Here's the code from the PdxMeshStandardSkinned:

technique PdxMeshStandardSkinned
{
pass p0
{
MipMapLodBias[0] = -1;
CullMode = CCW;
AlphaBlendEnable = False;
AlphaTestEnable = False;

VertexShader = compile vs_3_0 VertexPdxMeshStandardSkinned();
PixelShader = compile ps_3_0 PixelPdxMeshStandard();
}
}

Is there any way for me to export my mesh to work with March of the Eagles without it being completely pitch black??

Thank you so much!

I see Google are deleting your tool... is there another method to deploy it? Some of us live on your useful little utility.
I'm in the same situation. Hope its author could make an update to make it compatible with current Chrome or at least in order to make Chrome think it's up to date.

Sorry to re-open an old thread - but does anyone have experience using this tool to add new building models? Specifically I'm trying to replace the 'castle' building with a sphere for a space mod I'm working on - but either the game crashes or the .mesh file doesn't load (i.e. in the error logs it says the file couldn't be read). Thanks !