• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this is probably a good a place to ask as any. If I gave someone a reference image for 4 shield frames could someone model them for me? I've tried myself but I can't quite get it working... Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You might consider this image to be an endorsement of sorts for Joror's excellent work:

JoVgHf5.jpg

Incidentally, does anyone know if it's possible to animate the city models in CK2, or are they inherently static?

Hey, I few questions (regardin Ck2)
1. Does ck2 support some shader with transparency?
2. Can I define my own shaders (I think I can did you try it?)
3. How to set attachment points for weapons and shields.

Hey, I few questions (regardin Ck2)
1. Does ck2 support some shader with transparency?
2. Can I define my own shaders (I think I can did you try it?)
3. How to set attachment points for weapons and shields.

1. Hmmm, no it does not seems to have one that does. But it might be added. Compare the 'gfx/FX/pdxmesh.lua' of CK2 with the one from EU4. (EU4 has transparant shaders)

2. Yes. And if you want non-animated models to display properly in CK2, you will need to use my 'gfx/FX/pdxmesh.lua' shader definition. (that is broken in CK2s shader) It is included in the Mod example in the first post.

Note: tweaking/adding shaders is a bit expert-level. I have successfully done it in EU4. (see the EU4 mod example file in the EU4 thread for this tool)

3. I think by naming relevant bone-skeleton nodes 'Left_hand_node', 'Right_hand_node' and 'Head'. Have not tried that myself in CK2. Maybe look at the Charlemange DLC for examples. (expand 'dlc/dlc045.zip' and then look at the contents with the Jorodox tool)

How is this project going? I ask as it would be very nice to be able to import some models for the necromancy applications of my magic mod :p

How is this project going? I ask as it would be very nice to be able to import some models for the necromancy applications of my magic mod :p
Well while it is a process where you need to poke & try a bit, you can currently import your any 3D model (that you can get/convert to the Collada format) into CK2 and EU4. Animations are also possible.

Some things that are currently not possible, but might be in the future:
- Export existing models to tweak / change them (and to re-use the animations they might have)
- Adding 'special effects' (like cannon explosions - or laser beams)

Give it a try! I will answer any questions you might get on the way, and troubleshoot. (there are still quite a few things that can go wrong / can be misconfigured)

Progress on exporting PdxMesh models from CK2 for tweaking/changing & animation re-use:

78uDNof.jpg

(note: this is a Charlemange DLC model - and yes, he is missing a critical part of his head. That is why you wear helmets, people!)

New version!

Primarily has the added functionality of being able to export PdxMesh models from EU4/CK2 to the Collada 3D format.
Exports animation skeleton, texture mapping and skinning information.
Does not (yet) do: export animations
Known issue: the Jorodox tool does not render the 'export' .dae textures properly (but they are correct in the file - a display issue)

Note: Only models in DLCs of Charlemange and later can be read! (the others are in an older format)

7gmUiek.png

[BUG 1]
I've check example mod provided by Joror. With the latest patch (13 july) I am getting some messed up triangle pan that covers whole screen instead the model.
The same results I've get with my custom models (static & animated).
It looks like its the problem with vertex-shader I'm using PdxStandardShader

Here are the files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9mgds314dixr3mu/AADHSjI9u6KVXdT2Bzegzr7Ra?dl=0

[BUG 2]
The viewer seems to forgot to display last bones in chain, knees, hands etc. The bones affect the mesh, however they are not visible.

[Question]

One can see you use blender for 3D work, could you tell me what export/import dae options you select? In my case i get either rotated skeleton during exporting or some bones are cut off (depend on the option SL/OpenSim armature export). I use blender too.
Do I need to use your pdxmesh.lua shaders with latest patch?

Last edited:
Is it true that CK2 doesn't support translucent textures on its models at all? LordKee tells me so, but it'd be nice to double check, because we could really use some. For reasons.

Is it true that CK2 doesn't support translucent textures on its models at all? LordKee tells me so, but it'd be nice to double check, because we could really use some. For reasons.

Domes/Shields, eh? ;)

This is not currently in the CK2 shader file, but can easily be added:
7yGEchH.jpg

This is a simple sphere with a semi-transparent texture, the mesh with the 'PdxMeshAlphaBlend' shader via the JoroDox tool, which is usually only present in EU4.

To add this 'PdxMeshAlphaBlend' shader to CK2, simply add
<code>
PdxMeshAlphaBlend = {
VertexShader = "VertexPdxMeshStandard";
PixelShader = "PixelPdxMeshStandard";
ShaderModel = 3;
BlendState = "BlendStateAlphaBlend";
}
</code>
to the file 'gfx/FX/pdxmesh.lua' above
<code>
--[[
------------------------------------------------------------
-- Vertex shaders
------------------------------------------------------------
--]]
</code>
which can be found in the ModelExampleCk2 project.
(or can be copied from the CK2 dir)

For transparency in other types of models (skeleton/animated, I would have to poke around a bit more)

(apologies to skipping some other questions by other people, currently a bit busy - but this is a question I already had an answer for ;))

Reactions: